Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yes defender, I want you to take that weak footed shot that's going wide, collapse in a heap on the ground when theres no opposition players around you and divert it into your own goal with your arse. Good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I originally had a French/Ligue 1 team but decided to change but I do miss the Ben Arfa/Lacazette combo.
    I'm happy at top with Catalyst Depay and Shaquiri and Finisher Vardy.
    Middle is the issue flipping between Eriksen, Wilshire, Firmino and Fernandinho, I tried Rooney didn't like him but might try again, it was the lack of pace that was off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lol Aubameyang SBC requires his NIF and an 87 rated team... close to 800k for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Probably had my best game of FUT ever a while ago.

Went 1 up, got Smalling sent off. 1-1. Went 3-1 up. Finished 3-3. Went 4-3 up in extra time, finished 4-4. Lost on penalties.

Wasn't even mad because it was such a laugh, pretty sure we gave away 3 penalties each during normal and extra time. Neither of us could defend for toffee.

Although could someone tell me what Shaw did wrong here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

lol Aubameyang SBC requires his NIF and an 87 rated team... close to 800k for him.

Jesus, that's absurd for a +1 upgrade.

These are going to wipe out the IF market for a good, good while. Have a few saved in case the United players get one, but otherwise, the cost of these are crazy.

Anyone tried the Mexican league SBC? Guessing they are as price fixed as the others?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jesus, that's absurd for a +1 upgrade.

These are going to wipe out the IF market for a good, good while. Have a few saved in case the United players get one, but otherwise, the cost of these are crazy.

Anyone tried the Mexican league SBC? Guessing they are as price fixed as the others?

You know who could get one on the 19th ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    You know who could get one on the 19th ;)

Seems a popular theory that Rashford could be the United one, but honestly, I think they will save him for the BPL challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Seems a popular theory that Rashford could be the United one, but honestly, I think they will save him for the BPL challenge.

Could be right the increased stats we seen so far wouldn't allow for Rushford to be at a decent level for an sbc.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Could be right the increased stats we seen so far wouldn't allow for Rushford to be at a decent level for an sbc.

Its also...

It think all of the Nation SBC so far have rewarded a striker and all have been popular names but less likely to get IFs due to the fact they also tend to come from second tier clubs (I hate saying that as a United fan, but based on the fact we're outside the Top 4, I think thats the thinking).

I think they'll want a United player for the challenge (massive fanbase = more people trying to do it), and most of the other top clubs already have had a few IFs for their strikers. So I feel Rashford makes the most sense for that.

IF Mkhi down to 190k on Xbox now. Am holding out for 150k :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

@Lord TSC Thanks to following your recommendation on IF investment made some great coinage this morning. None of the SBC players I really wanted so basically selling all my Movember and IF cards. Minimum I am going to make on any of them is 10k. Overall for the 11 players I had in my club so will make about 140k. All of them were bought for about 10/11k so there was minimum downside anyway. That Aubameyang SBC is just so insane cost wise.

Berty44 wrote: »
    @Lord TSC Thanks to following your recommendation on IF investment made some great coinage this morning. None of the SBC players I really wanted so basically selling all my Movember and IF cards. Minimum I am going to make on any of them is 10k. Overall for the 11 players I had in my club so will make about 140k. All of them were bought for about 10/11k so there was minimum downside anyway. That Aubameyang SBC is just so insane cost wise.

Hehe, no problem. I had started restocking a few days back, so I had 13 IFs bought at minimum that sold for round 15k each, so about 50k profit altogether. It really has reinvigorated the method. YOu're not going back consistent money with Discard IFs this year, but given these sorts of SBC are becoming more frequent, it's basically a massive pay day every few weeks.

Hoping for a Modric SBC or Mane..holding onto my informs just in case.

2-0 up against a team full of IFs and TOTGS cards, all with attribute cards applied.

They kick me off the EA server and I get the loss. **** off EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

These SBCs are a joke. 86 rated squad with 2 IFs? No thanks . I've prepared an 87 rated la Liga squad for modric with an IF but I don't think it will be enough.

Adam1100 wrote: »
    These SBCs are a joke. 86 rated squad with 2 IFs? No thanks . I've prepared an 87 rated la Liga squad for modric with an IF but I don't think it will be enough.

Probably need 4-5 judging by what's been needed so far. Hoping for a Mané myself.

Trading has stalled a bit...IF Sokratis is impossible to shift on atm...tempting to just list him at 70k and break-even at this stage. Coins stalled on 100k...might look into some IFs around 20k mark to invest in and see if they rise during SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Right, I don't play wile often but I was on tonight and experienced something new and strange.... Twice, on two occasions, I encountered a player that scored an own goal from kick off and then quit. What gives? Can't complain n sheet lol

Edit: got the win both times

Today is Defoe, Fenkir and de Marcos.

Apparently tomorrow is Rashford, Modric and Dembele.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Today is Defoe, Fenkir and de Marcos.

Apparently tomorrow is Rashford, Modric and Dembele.

I only have one IF (an untradeable Malli) so I took the Defoe card - I wished I'd held onto my Movember cards and I'd have got Benteke yesterday - ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Just had a random experience - started a game against someone and I managed to win a soft penalty after nine minutes (his defender ran across my player as he was shooting), I managed to convert the penalty and then they rage quit. I got the win so I'm not too fussed but the mentality behind it baffles me, he had a full 80 minutes to get something out of the game, just madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Gold 3 again this week! It's such a slog trying to play all these games. Constantly going on runs of 5 or 6 defeats in a row, it's extremely rage inducing!

I think I need about 25 wins over the next 2 weeks for 3 gold informs but safe to say I won't be putting such effort in again for the monthly prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Got gold 3 in the end after a bad bad start. Was hoping to push for gold 1 before the start. Be grand.

Playing the weekend league casually. Stopping when I get 18 wins since it'll give me a few decent packs that I can be disappointed with when I don't get IF Ibrahimovic this week.

Bit the bullet on IF Mkhitaryan. 165k paid in the end. He's been hovering round 200k for a few days, and I might have gotten him cheaper but I felt I didn't want to risk him going back up.

Now SBC Rashford tomorrow please :D

Decided to keep track of my stats for the weekend.

24 wins.

3 disconnect loses when winning cost me Gold 1.

75 goals scored. 51 conceded 3 penalty wins. 2 penalty loses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

playing so bad incredibly frustrated went 2-0 down after 7 minutes and just left. I think I've lost 10 games in a row now

The requirements for the Rashford SBC are crazy. 86 rated overall and 3 IFs for an 81 rated ST with 78 shooting.

I have 2 untradeable IFs I'd be willing to trade in and even with that, it costs 180K. Screw that.

Bloody ridiculous that monthly reward in-forms don't count for SBC's.

Half a dozen of them that I'm never going to touch. Got a TOTGS and Scream card that I have too which I'm never going to do anything with since they're untradeable.

Yeah, these SBC requirements are a bit ridiculous alright. EAs plan of negating the TOTY/Christmas crashes is working. I'm half tempted by Dembele, but he'll probably take more than what I currently have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Yeah, these SBC requirements are a bit ridiculous alright. EAs plan of negating the TOTY/Christmas crashes is working. I'm half tempted by Dembele, but he'll probably take more than what I currently have.

Was looking forward to Dembélé looks like I will have to forget him an 87 rated team is too rich for me

Advertisement