Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I was all set to do Rashford, but an 86 rated team and 3 IFs for an 81 rated striker who is fast and nothing else? Bugger off. Had been hoping he would be similar to Defoe who was very achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I was all set to do Rashford, but an 86 rated team and 3 IFs for an 81 rated striker who is fast and nothing else? Bugger off. Had been hoping he would be similar to Defoe who was very achievable.

I must say that I'm feeling much better about throwing in my lot with Defoe - think the requirement was one TOTW and an average of 81 - I doubt I'd even use that Rashford card

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sheer greediness out of EA..they know some people will splash on packs now to try and get the players for him.
    I got a SBC Ruffier for around 25K i think...but I'd say you're talking 200k+ there to get Rashford.

I would say you could do Rashford for about 140k, cause the chem requirement is pretty low so you can buy a few of the "cheaper" high rated goalkeepers and stick them in the squad.

But honestly, I had 80k set aside for him. Think I will just go do the marquee match ups and finish up the Lacazette SBC, and look to do a hybrid with Martial and Lacazette up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I usually don't do sbc but I couldn't let this little dude pass me by

Screenshot_20161219_092836.pngimage hosting websites

He cost me a benzema and in form pizzi and ibora and nzonzi I had untradeable rackitic and marcello and few other mid 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I would say you could do Rashford for about 140k, cause the chem requirement is pretty low so you can buy a few of the "cheaper" high rated goalkeepers and stick them in the squad.

But honestly, I had 80k set aside for him. Think I will just go do the marquee match ups and finish up the Lacazette SBC, and look to do a hybrid with Martial and Lacazette up front.

how much did he cost? I was reading 600K and said screw it...

Blazer wrote: »
    how much did he cost? I was reading 600K and said screw it...

Can't give an exact figure tbh. I've been ticking away at him for the last few weeks now. I have 9 of the 20 done, but 75% completed teams for most of the others. There's one or two teams that will cost a bomb because the silvers are price fixed at 10k, unfortunately. On the other hand, because it's been out a while, the normal golds, and a lot of bronzes, can now be caught at min prices. I'd say, at a guess, he'll cost me around 300k by the end (though the packs offset that a bit. I've packed a few 20k cards while doing it, as well as players for various SBCs...).

Probably not worth the high price in the end, but gives me something to do when I'm bored....

Can't give an exact figure tbh. I've been ticking away at him for the last few weeks now. I have 9 of the 20 done, but 75% completed teams for most of the others. There's one or two teams that will cost a bomb because the silvers are price fixed at 10k, unfortunately. On the other hand, because it's been out a while, the normal golds, and a lot of bronzes, can now be caught at min prices. I'd say, at a guess, he'll cost me around 300k by the end (though the packs offset that a bit. I've packed a few 20k cards while doing it, as well as players for various SBCs...).

Probably not worth the high price in the end, but gives me something to do when I'm bored....

I'd say once the higher league SBC's come out the focus will shift and some of those price fixes will drop - I hope so, I'm about 60% through the Jonas one and it's still the same problem, players who would be discarded last year are insta selling for 10k (very painful process) so my apporach is to wait until I've acquired 8/9 players and then fork out for the rest if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Getting the squad builder Jonas nearly killed me, wont make the same mistakes again.

Have most of the Italian league bought, just hope its a decent player they offer.

I'd say once the higher league SBC's come out the focus will shift and some of those price fixes will drop - I hope so, I'm about 60% through the Jonas one and it's still the same problem, players who would be discarded last year are insta selling for 10k (very painful process) so my apporach is to wait until I've acquired 8/9 players and then fork out for the rest if I have to

Yeah. The French one got cheaper when the Turkish and Mexican one launched. So hopefully more will keep the prices down. There's two or three teams where I know I'll have to buy a 10k silver, but I'm just leaving them till the end.

I've got Germany and Italy done. Say they cost me about 50k each, overall. Have 5 BPL teams done (Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton, Sunderland, Watford) and am trying to focus on the more silver-based teams, where the prices will just rocket, and where there's alreadyd a shortage of cards (two Italian teams are already boardering on extinct cause of rare silvers). Not bothering with Spain cause I won't have the patience to build round whoever it is.

Really wish EA would drop the max bid on rare silvers to even 5k. There's talks they've banned people who sell silvers for 10k, thinking they are coin selling. Its crazy. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Not bothering with Spain cause I won't have the patience to build round whoever it is. /

I found Spain pretty easy to do. The only teams to worry about are:
    CA Osasuna
    CD Leganes
    Deport Alaves
    Granada

All the others have pretty much enough gold to complete, those four though have few gold and a load of silvers which might make them difficult.

Yeah. The French one got cheaper when the Turkish and Mexican one launched. So hopefully more will keep the prices down. There's two or three teams where I know I'll have to buy a 10k silver, but I'm just leaving them till the end.

I've got Germany and Italy done. Say they cost me about 50k each, overall. Have 5 BPL teams done (Everton, Bournemouth, Southampton, Sunderland, Watford) and am trying to focus on the more silver-based teams, where the prices will just rocket, and where there's alreadyd a shortage of cards (two Italian teams are already boardering on extinct cause of rare silvers). Not bothering with Spain cause I won't have the patience to build round whoever it is.

Really wish EA would drop the max bid on rare silvers to even 5k. There's talks they've banned people who sell silvers for 10k, thinking they are coin selling. Its crazy. :/

To be honest it's not as if I even particularly want the players in question, it's more the rewards for doing each team - an extra shot at getting a TOTW or someone spectacular, so my POV is to only do a team if it's relatively affordable - I spent around 3k to finish the Club Brugge team (just happened to notice I had around 8 of their players, their only RB was minimum 5k so I slipped in a bronze CM (I think))- got Rooney in the pack and a Brugge defender that went for 1.2k, but for every success there are another 99 failures and I'm still stupid enough to keep hoping

I've given up on the MLS though - that's just bat**** crazy altogether

I've completed around 90% of the Premiership and I'm only one or two players short for the ones I haven't - I'm not too pushed, I'll go hunting when the time comes - I can see them putting in stupid clauses for the premiership ones though, imagine an Everton where you had to have a min of three Irish, Gibson's popularity would sky rocket!

Probably be a min gold requirement for the likes of Bournemouth/Burnley, etc. Could be tougher than it looks. Might drop the prices of the silvers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Did the dembele SBC. I don't think he'll get an IF anytime soon. Cost me about 150k. Made 20k profit on Pepe and Kroos who I had bought in advance but never used. Gives a nice link to purple hazard. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Planned on investing in Handanovic last night, but left it a bit late when he was upped to 19k. Thought there wouldn't be much profit in it...he's now 30k-ish.

Packed Coutinho for doing the marquee match ups, so thats been a decent investment. Probably just sell him and use him to fund my other SBCs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Packed Coutinho for doing the marquee match ups, so thats been a decent investment. Probably just sell him and use him to fund my other SBCs :)

Nice, I find I'm getting insane luck from SBCs. 3 walkouts so far purely from SBC packs. Think I'm going to give up on the trading until FUTmas is over and just do marquee matchups and play games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

IF Gameiro is still the only decent SBC drop I've gotten all year. Just waiting for an SBC that requires another SBC card so I can finally scrap Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Have 3.7million and not able to play much cause of a new baby don't know what to do with it any help

gotthebug wrote: »
    Have 3.7million and not able to play much cause of a new baby don't know what to do with it any help

I'd keep it til after futmas / pre toty and build a big squad then. I have a cheap one atm with 600k in the bank.

• Advertisement

Todays SBCs

Dele Alli (85 team rating, 1 Scream card, 75 chem)
    Kurzawa (Exactly gold, 10 rare players, 1 totw/Movember, 75 chem)
    Juanfran (84 rating, 2 totw/Movember, 75 chem)

Kurzawa looks incredibly cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Just managed to snatch IF Brozovic for 99k :pac:

In general he goes for somewhere between 130k and 150k.

Stealing from Reddit. It's a rough cost f what each of the active nations SBC will cost, as well as the rewards and the cost of the rewards typically. Even if you're not interested in doing the entire challange, there's a few that the rewards are outweighing the cost of the challange (e.g. PSG costs about 13k to do from scratch but rewards a Prime Gold Player pack that would usually cost 45k if bought directly).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gbotYoYiI-rR91iv1PGr8LehMlm53Cv0S5n8jhYgWns/edit#gid=154975365

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Any idea when TOTY will come out roughly? I guess EA will use SBCs to prevent a major market crash.

I'm not sure whether to keep saving for Ronaldo or Messi and hope for a crash, or just go for Neymar or Bale now. Is Messi worth 350K more than Neymar/Bale? Is Ronaldo worth 3x Neymar/Bale?

v3ttel wrote: »
    Any idea when TOTY will come out roughly? I guess EA will use SBCs to prevent a major market crash.

I'm not sure whether to keep saving for Ronaldo or Messi and hope for a crash, or just go for Neymar or Bale now. Is Messi worth 350K more than Neymar/Bale? Is Ronaldo worth 3x Neymar/Bale?

No bale is better then neymar and Messi in my opinion. I play him as striker beside ronaldo he is faster and stronger than the other two send way better stamina. If you want to play them as an out and out winger I'd go with neymar.

Did the Kurazawa SBC for next to nothing,(an untradeable dzyuba sacrificed). Debating whether or not I want Juanfran for about 40k. Seems like a great card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »
    No bale is better then neymar and Messi in my opinion. I play him as striker beside ronaldo he is faster and stronger than the other two send way better stamina. If you want to play them as an out and out winger I'd go with neymar.

Cheers. I'd be playing him as a striker (but alongside Martial). Will have zero coins left after I buy him, so no Ronaldo for me this year I'd say. He's just too expensive.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Cheers. I'd be playing him as a striker (but alongside Martial). Will have zero coins left after I buy him, so no Ronaldo for me this year I'd say. He's just too expensive.

That's the unfortunate thing about sbc we can't look forward to price crashes anymore and it's really taking away from been able build various teams but one good thing is its not as easy to loose coins when buying players. I bought ronaldo two months ago for 2.1 million his price has gone up and down but he is usually selling for 2.4 and bale is same I bought him for 780k and he is over 900k now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Stealing from Reddit. It's a rough cost f what each of the active nations SBC will cost, as well as the rewards and the cost of the rewards typically. Even if you're not interested in doing the entire challange, there's a few that the rewards are outweighing the cost of the challange (e.g. PSG costs about 13k to do from scratch but rewards a Prime Gold Player pack that would usually cost 45k if bought directly).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gbotYoYiI-rR91iv1PGr8LehMlm53Cv0S5n8jhYgWns/edit#gid=154975365

But it doesn't say which players to get... :)

Very nice doc though, definitely giving it a look later when I get home. That PSG as you said looks worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Dele Alli card is nice and I have a crap untradeable Scream card.

Too bad I only have 30k to make an 85 rated team.

Advertisement