Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Muller is not even worth a cheap SBC. In terms of supposedly elite players, he's bang average. EA even admitted that they artificially boosted him.

Also, I know you shouldn't expect gifts, but EA are a bunch of Grinchs for giving the players nothing (A silver gift pack with 4 non-rares or 250 coins does not count as a gift). Overwatch did it right, they gave all players 5 free loot boxes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

J. Marston wrote: »
    Overwatch did it right, they gave all players 5 free loot boxes.

Seriously? Not played in a few weeks but going to log in now to claim them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, wouldn't mind a free 100k pack again this year. I've about 11-ish games played in weekend league...4 wins lol. I'm ****e. Might just get to silver and finish at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone know why I was only allowed 25 games in weekend league? I was doing great at the end think I made gold 1 with straight wins.

Edit: just seen only allowed 25 games on pc. Are the award levels for wins the same then or are they adjusted?

Seems EA's idea of a gift is the Futmas Mystery Pack Bundle SBC. Earn a kit and a mystery pack (between 3000 coins and a Jumbo Gold Pack). Requirements are at least one player each from England, France, Italy, Germany and Spain with chemistry of 85+.

If this gift was a physical thing and EA was a physical being, I'd throw it at their head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Seems EA's idea of a gift is the Futmas Mystery Pack Bundle SBC. Earn a kit and a mystery pack (between 3000 coins and a Jumbo Gold Pack). Requirements are at least one player each from England, France, Italy, Germany and Spain with chemistry of 85+.

If this gift was a physical thing and EA was a physical being, I'd throw it at their head.

Got myself 3000 coins ridiculous

So basically a pair of socks, AND they want you to jump through some hoops for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jesus cheers EA.

Got a 2 player pack 1 non rare 75 gold and a rare 67 silver.

Not even worth 600 coins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I got a two player pack - one rare gold, one common gold - already have them both and they aren't worth anything

Go suck a dick EA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I had read something online about player downgrades. Are players downgraded during the transfer window?

If that's the case I would guess Ben Arfa is a candidate and I'd lose alot on him

I bought IF 84 Balotelli yday instead of Di Maria just to try, similar stats to Lacazette and stronger not sold on him yet but stats suggest he should be good

• Advertisement

brady23 wrote: »
    I had read something online about player downgrades. Are players downgraded during the transfer window?

If that's the case I would guess Ben Arfa is a candidate and I'd lose alot on him

I bought IF 84 Balotelli yday instead of Di Maria just to try, similar stats to Lacazette and stronger not sold on him yet but stats suggest he should be good

Na they won't downgrade an existing card they would be uproar it hasent been done before.

Compared to last year's gifts...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0imCulXUAAvBuh.jpg

Their stinginess is so transparent too. Give everyone a few untradeable Mega packs and SBC's become much easier for lots of people. Thus less packs bought chasing players and coins needed for SBC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Compared to last year's gifts...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0imCulXUAAvBuh.jpg

Their stinginess is so transparent too. Give everyone a few untradeable Mega packs and SBC's become much easier for lots of people. Thus less packs bought chasing players and coins needed for SBC's.

I will take some small solace from the fact I was away fro christmas last year and wasn't able to collect - for you guys who did get them last year it must seem like a real slap in the face for your loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Gold 1 for this weekends FUT champions with 26 wins. Considering I was 7-7 at one point, I'm delighted with the recovery.

77 goals scored, 45 conceded, 1 disconnect, 3 penalty shootout wins, 0 penalty shootout loses. The goals scored/conceded is weirdly like last weeks (75, 51), but I had a lot more rage quits this week and not as many games went to extra time, so less time for scoring & conceding.

Scorers:
    Bale: 23
    Martial: 17
    Griezmann: 12
    Pogba: 11
    James Rodriguez: 5
    Kante: 5
    IF Giovinco (sub when in trouble): 3
    Cuadrado (rarely subbed on): 1

I need 19 wins next weekend to get Elite for the month and those 11 (untradable :() IFs. Elite for the month was my goal when I started this and after 4 weekends, I'm sick of the Weekend League now.

I don't think I'll play it much after next weekend. It's just too many games, but I think I'd probably manage Elite some week if I kept at it.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Gold 1 for this weekends FUT champions with 26 wins. Considering I was 7-7 at one point, I'm delighted with the recovery.

77 goals scored, 45 conceded, 1 disconnect, 3 penalty shootout wins, 0 penalty shootout loses. The goals scored/conceded is weirdly like last weeks (75, 51), but I had a lot more rage quits this week and not as many games went to extra time, so less time for scoring & conceding.

Scorers:
    Bale: 23
    Martial: 17
    Griezmann: 12
    Pogba: 11
    James Rodriguez: 5
    Kante: 5
    IF Giovinco (sub when in trouble): 3
    Cuadrado (rarely subbed on): 1

I need 19 wins next weekend to get Elite for the month and those 11 (untradable :() IFs. Elite for the month was my goal when I started this and after 4 weekends, I'm sick of the Weekend League now.

I don't think I'll play it much after next weekend. It's just too many games, but I think I'd probably manage Elite some week if I kept at it.

Where do you check the WL stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I only had an hour or two Friday and a few today for weekend league. Managed to get 20 games in...8 wins 12 losses. Not too bad I guess. Definitely could've gotten close to Gold if I had more time this weekend. Oh well, happy enough with silver and the rewards I get :D

brady23 wrote: »

There are upgraded cards released but never downgrades.

Lads, heads up. If you have Ravel Morrison in your club, you can sell him for 4-5k due to that special SBC. Bought mine for 350 coins two weeks ago for the eventual Italian SBC, so the profit was nice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Bit strange there is no new sbc today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Where do you check the WL stats?

I just take 20 seconds after every game in an excel to jot down score and scorers. It's cool to look back on to see who the difference makers are.
    seamie78 wrote: »
    Bit strange there is no new sbc today

There was one last night? I don't think they said it had to be players each day

I got the 3K coins from it. It probably cost me 3K coins to do.

Also, I was going to spend €20 quid on packs, but seeing as they gave us f*cking nothing for Christmas the miserable bastards, I'm not going to bother now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

v3ttel wrote: »
    I just take 20 seconds after every game in an excel to jot down score and scorers. It's cool to look back on to see who the difference makers are.

There was one last night? I don't think they said it had to be players each day

I got the 3K coins from it. It probably cost me 3K coins to do.

Also, I was going to spend €20 quid on packs, but seeing as they gave us f*cking nothing for Christmas the miserable bastards, I'm not going to bother now.

Spent my first ever actual cash on packs, €20. What a waste of money! Best I got was Laporte.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just had a thought, what happens if a OTW player moves clubs in January?

Just had a thought, what happens if a OTW player moves clubs in January?

His card stays with the original club.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Spent my first ever actual cash on packs, €20. What a waste of money! Best I got was Laporte.....

Better than me! Bought enough FIFA points for a 125k pack, 1 83 rated in the pack. Sneijder. Not even a kante or Bellerin in there.

Picked up 2IF Erikson for 130k earlier. Not too bad. Better stats than de Bruyne and 5 star weak foot.

Yeay! IFs are back below 11k again, now the SBCs are over. Time for that long term investment to start again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anyone read all that stuff on reddit about momentum etc ?

Basically some people had a look at the code in the game folder and found out FIFA contains built-in momentum code, meaning that the game automatically improves or worsen the player performances based on how the game goes.

Say you go down a goal, your players might start performing worse allowing your opponent to push advantage and finish the game.

Not a word from EA though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kag3l/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Basically some people had a look at the code in the game folder and found out FIFA contains built-in momentum code, meaning that the game automatically improves or worsen the player performances based on how the game goes.

Say you go down a goal, your players might start performing worse allowing your opponent to push advantage and finish the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kag3l/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

That's my new excuse for being crap so!

Jelle1880 wrote: »

There never will be a word from Fifa. Any thread on their official FUT that mentions momentum/scripting is locked right away.

Everyone knows what goes on but PES isn't a big enough threat for to worry EA so nothing will change and players won't leave.

Yeah.

The reality is if true, it's just confirming a belief I have had for years....and yet, I will keep playing because, ultimately, I think it's miles better than the PES experience :/ and Reddit will kick up a fuss for a few days and then a new SBC will come out and that's the end of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

These mystery packs are useless. What am I going to do with 3k coins. Thought they would do the IF packs like on Black Friday but just these rubbish SBCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah.

The reality is if true, it's just confirming a belief I have had for years....and yet, I will keep playing because, ultimately, I think it's miles better than the PES experience :/ and Reddit will kick up a fuss for a few days and then a new SBC will come out and that's the end of that...

FUT is worth $500 million to EA each year..thats how much people spend on packs etc the world over. Its obvious to everyone that FUT is heavily scripted to entice the novices etc into playing FUT and spending their cash on packs in the hope of getting a Ronaldo or a Messi. If you compare a like for like team eg Barca in FUT and in Seasons they are a completely different team. The skilled player will easily beat the novice player in Seasons but could struggle to do likewise in FUT.

Advertisement