Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    FUT is worth $500 million to EA each year..thats how much people spend on packs etc the world over. Its obvious to everyone that FUT is heavily scripted to entice the novices etc into playing FUT and spending their cash on packs in the hope of getting a Ronaldo or a Messi. If you compare a like for like team eg Barca in FUT and in Seasons they are a completely different team. The skilled player will easily beat the novice player in Seasons but could struggle to do likewise in FUT.

This is true but the biggest factor is the prize people play different the bigger the prize. You don't get that crap in season it favours the skilled and tactically aware player but.

In ultimate team it's all about studying how to score goals from the low cross in and stuff like that and how to keep the ball and kill the game.

But they are of course momentum that ruins it but it's mostly the people that ruin it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

So based on the fact I've never qualified for the WL this suggests either two things: a) I must be terrible or b) EA has taken a personal vendetta against me and my specific copy as been coded so I can never, ever qualify for the WL?

I think option b) is more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So based on the fact I've never qualified for the WL this suggests either two things: a) I must be terrible or b) EA has taken a personal vendetta against me and my specific copy as been coded so I can never, ever qualify for the WL?

same for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

it all makes sense now

FB_IMG_1482931735647.jpg

3 years ago today ha. Use to love ribbery and robben

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From Reddit, ball getting magnetised to players. Wonder how often this has happened me (or benefited me) and I didn't even notice....

https://streamable.com/kul4l

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

J. Marston wrote: »
    From Reddit, ball getting magnetised to players. Wonder how often this has happened me (or benefited me) and I didn't even notice....

https://streamable.com/kul4l

Never noticed anything like that myself, does make me think of all those light tackles that send the ball flying 40 yards to an attacker though.

There's also some fifa youtuber or streamer in the comments on that reddit thread talking about how there's no such thing as scripting and it's just poor game mechanics :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This whole scripting debate is interesting...definitely makes you think. There's definitely some kind of scripting going on in weekend league tho...I've never encountered such bull**** before. Wonder if EA will address it soon or just ignore it completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,659 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This whole scripting debate is interesting...definitely makes you think. There's definitely some kind of scripting going on in weekend league tho...I've never encountered such bull**** before. Wonder if EA will address it soon or just ignore it completely.

But some people win 40/40 games so how is there so much scripting if they can do this?

I'm not disagreeing, but I'm just curious.

I'm tempted to get FIFA (have PES) so I'm interested.

EA have actually lost their minds. Second IFs for Hazard for one goal and Pogba for one assist.

C0xZhHxWQAAevMn.jpg:large

• Advertisement

EA have actually lost their minds. Second IFs for Hazard for one goal and Pogba for one assist.

C0xZhHxWQAAevMn.jpg:large

Got to entice the kids on holidays who just got the game for Christmas to buy packs somehow! Pogba was grand for United against Sunderland but in no way deserving of an IF.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got to entice the kids on holidays who just got the game for Christmas to buy packs somehow! Pogba was grand for United against Sunderland but in no way deserving of an IF.

Hazard too, the moment EA saw he was playing at striker they had already given him the IF. I get that he put in a really good performance and scored 1 goal (a penalty) but hundreds of players around the world do that every week.

The money grab isn't even close to subtle here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Think I'm going to take a break from the online play for a bit - the scripting issue has been around for years, even if 100% evidence was presented EA will never do anything about because they know they have the superior product, I'm OK with losing to a superior player/team (despite releasing a stream of profanity in my front room) but I'm not OK with bad performances for the sake of EA maintaining a "balance" system

This, and the blatant cash grab with the TOTW's, have made up my mind - I still like FUT mode and I'll still bash about on the single player mode but I'm done with online play for a while

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There seems to be the belief that the TOTW is because a SBC is about to drop that will guarantee a TOTW card, so they needed some big names in there.

Hope so anyway. Bought 20 IFs for 10k and their prices will rocket if it does happen.

Not like it matters anyway, everyone's just going to get that IF Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Do ye think Ibra will get the PL player of the month. If so what would ye guess the requirements will be for his sbc.

Another video from Reddit about scripting...

https://streamable.com/0rcor

What the hell is that?!

New SBCs are out. Same guranteed TOTW ones from last time, I did the untradeable one and got some 81 rated German RM.

There's also an 81+ rated 2 player pack which costs 11 rare gold players. Of course from that I got 2 82 rated players.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did the untradable totw and got Al Soma, probably the one i wanted least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'll be staying well clear of those TOTW SBCs. Complete and utter waste of coins. I got 2 sh*t untradeable players last time, and I've only managed to find a use for one of them recently (used one in the Insigne SBC).

I'd prefer to have my 20-25K back because the pack weight on these things is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Just made crazy amounts on 84 rated players, I had 30 of them in the transfer list and several in my club . All bought for less than 2k, many have sold for 5-6k. Had most the 83 rated players in the game in my club and they're all going to 2-4k.

On the downside, I did a few of the TOTW guarantee. All 81 rated players, complete waste.

Then I did the two player pack one, and got IF Snedjer! Can link up with my SBC Eto'o.

All this really means is that there's no point trying to buy a team for the next 5 days.

Those SBC's are a pretty clear reason why EA didn't give away any free packs on Christmas.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There seems to be the belief that the TOTW is because a SBC is about to drop that will guarantee a TOTW card, so they needed some big names in there.

Hope so anyway. Bought 20 IFs for 10k and their prices will rocket if it does happen.

Cha-Ching! :D

20 IFs at 10k profit each so 200k profit :D

Hot garbage in my WL rewards. Manolas and Nolito highest rated.

Edit: Did the tradeable TOTW SBC and got Winston Reid, which is alright. Spent about 30k to finish it and from his stats he looks like a slightly better version of Smalling so I'll replace Mustafi with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lol did the BPL, 81+ guaranteed and tradeable IF. 81+ guaranteed the best of the lot, but untradeable. Got Walker and Turan, who I used to do the tradeable IF and got Bernadeschi...spent 30k on an 83 IF and 2/3 83 cards. Rest I had in club and used an untradeable IF Srna who I never use. About 15k for Bernadeschi, and 15k from weekend league rewards to break even I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

So I bought an xbox for the laugh yesterday with fifa 17. Went an bought few fifa points today through the store. I f**ked up and bought points for fifa 15 instead of 17. Don't ask me how. Onto ea chat for 15 mins. Best advice they give me is to go buy FIFA 15 to prove that I bought points and it's the only way they can transfer them.

Got on to Microsoft. 2 mins later they refund me the money.

Long story short ea are a shower of w**kers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Westwood. Why did I fall for this again.

When do ye get the wl league rewards.

• Advertisement

Something surprising; the price of discards have stayed down this time round :( Despite the SBC, you can still easily get IFs for 12k.

Advertisement