Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The penalties in this game are such bs. Dive the right way and have it ricochet off your hands and into the goal. Dive the wrong way but save it with your feet. It's all luck.

Realistic then so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Definitely on my worst ever run in FIFA. About 12 games withhout a win in weekend league. No matter what I do, I can't seem to win and keep coming across absolute bull****....frustrating playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Realistic then so :)

Doesn't make it a good game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Silver gift pack again? Shove it clean up your ar5e EA, your a crowd of scamsters lol. FUT is really a virus on the game of online football, either you spend money to succeed or you have too much time on your hands to 'succeed', I have neither unfortunately.

I must say, it's great saving up a few coins just to blow it on a sooper dooper mega rare pack just to get a duplicate 81 rated clock from Kazakhstan.

I member playing and actually talking to my opponent and having a laugh, because it was a fecking game, now it's not about that anymore. Tis too 'serious'.

Ah well, I'll still plug on with my 81 rated Everton based teams, why? Because it's only a ********** game lol. I have a LIFE!

**Yes, I can't sleep at the moment despite being a tad drunk.

HA HA , HARDY H A HA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What team are you playing with and is it the same one you used to qualify for the WL?

Cheers
    Max

Begovic
    Walker
    Smalling
    Bailly
    Van Aanholt
    Kante
    Pogba
    James
    Griezmann
    Martial
    Bale

I switch to 4-1-2-1-2(2) in the first minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

12 losses in a row :( down to div 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    12 losses in a row :( down to div 4

Are you using the same two teams all the time ? I have a theory !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Berty44 wrote: »
    Are you using the same two teams all the time ? I have a theory !

Not TSC, but I alternate between two teams every game for fitness. What's your theory?

Because I also have a theory!

Lol ! My theory is that once the players get the loyalty bonus bonus they are not as effective I have lost count of the number of times debuting players score goals. This would make sense in that it is good for FIFA for people to want to change their teams / buy packs etc if they find their teams not as effective. I bet Lord TSC is thinking he needs to do something as his team are no longer effective.

I bought Chiellini, Naingolan, Kante and Smalling last night at bargain prices. Prices hitting lows as people sell off before TOTY. Will be using them for a few weeks then selling them for a healthy profit.. I hope as part of my "experiment"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I tend to stick with one team and just use fitness cards on them tbh.

I wouldn't be disagreeing much with your theory, mind. I've had similar thoughts before about players getting gradually worse.

Going to take a long break. Its just making me feel like I suck. Will alternate with other games and normal seasons mode, where I actually feel I can, you know, score a goal every now and again...

• Advertisement

It's a joke that your opponent can quit, the game doesn't count, and yet you still lose contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Did the untradeable totw twice. Got sniedjer both fcuking times

It's a joke that your opponent can quit, the game doesn't count, and yet you still lose contracts.

I hate that...especially when it's in tournaments. Hope EA some day work on that and award the one that didn't disconnect a win.

Just hit elite for the month with 16 games left. That was the goal when I started 5 weekends ago so I'm happy to get there. I'm 19-5 this weekend which is my best weekend by a mile.

Need to win 10 out of 16 to hit elite for the week (never done that before), but I doubt I'm going to get my games played.....or win that many of them if I did. Would love to get 3 tradeable IFs, but feck it, I'll take the 11 untradeable IFs.

40 games is just too many.

So after winning 8 out of 10 games today I needed 2 more wins to get to Gold 3, since then I've lost my last 4 in a row, all in extra time. Gonna try later tonight as player response has gone to **** again and my players are doing things without me pressing anything. 9 games left to get the 2 wins and at this rate I'm not actually sure I'll get them.

Wooo, got elite for the week! 29 wins with 1 game remaining.

Elite for the week and elite for the month.....5 weekends worth of learning and grinding coming together right there. I can't wait to open that TOTW pack with 3 tradeable IFs!

Left it at 16 games left..record for the weekend finishes at 8-18. My worst week so far in the weekend league. Also, one of my pals just pulled IF Hazard from the untradeable SBC after me nagging him about doing it for the last 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well done guys it's nice to hear some positive stories instead of the usual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

My ceiling seems to be 24 wins and my floor seems to be 20 wins. Frustrating being in FUT purgatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I cant even qualify lol

No joke....today had 4 games in a row, 3 losses and a draw..... shots on target 34 for 14 against,,, scored 4 conceeded 12

Was in division 7 aswell lol

I am too bad

• Advertisement

Rossi

You are not alone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I'm stuck between divisions 4 and 5, zero interest in getting involved in the market to make coins, it's and endless cycle of playing 10 games, not getting relegated make 15k in coins, try get Ronaldo in a pack, I get Barkley, try qualify for the WL, rinse and repeat, it's a good laugh :-)

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I cant even qualify lol

No joke....today had 4 games in a row, 3 losses and a draw..... shots on target 34 for 14 against,,, scored 4 conceeded 12

Was in division 7 aswell lol

I am too bad

Rossi

You are not alone :o

Those daily tournaments can be really difficult to win. I've found it harder to qualify through them than get Gold 3 to automatically qualify.

I have the same problems with finishing but a few tips that helped me: shoot across the keepers body when possible. always use a driven finish when inside the box (make sure not to underpower the shot).

A couple of other things that work well for me: subbing on players like Giovinco, Cuadrado, Insigne that are fast and agile running at tired defenders late in games is often the difference between a win and a loss. During games where the opponent is totally dominating and your always losing possession very quickly, slow down the play. Just try to put 5 or 10 passes together even if you don't advance the ball very far. It takes control of the game back and you'll often find you create a chance just by doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

v3ttel wrote: »
    Wooo, got elite for the week! 29 wins with 1 game remaining.

Elite for the week and elite for the month.....5 weekends worth of learning and grinding coming together right there. I can't wait to open that TOTW pack with 3 tradeable IFs!

until you open it and there's 3 x IFs rated 80 or something :D

v3ttel wrote: »
    A couple of other things that work well for me: subbing on players like Giovinco, Cuadrado, Insigne that are fast and agile running at tired defenders late in games is often the difference between a win and a loss.
    This I find very interesting and I have changed my strategy to do something similar as I would have never put on a sub during a game.

I play 433(4) and have now start with a sub LW or RW / ST and CAM on the bench after reading all about the momentum stuff. If I find that players are missing a few chances I sub in a replacement in the second half. In the short time that I have been doing it the results have surprised me. On 2 occasions I have subbed on Batshuayi on for Lukaku. First time after 70 minutes and he scored the winner in the 80th, 2nd time in a 0-0 draw I subbed him on in the first half of extra time, he headed the winner in the 120th minute :)

I have done some other things as well and my results have improved significantly. Firstly I have changed my teams up with a few fresh players. Secondly I have changed my style slightly. I tended to start the game on Ultra D. I had pressure at about 60 and aggression at about 80.I often would dominate the game like Rossi above and still lose. I noticed that a very high percentage of goals arise from losing possession in your own half particularly high pressure opponents.

So now I try and ensure that I get the ball out the sides and up the wings to the RW/LW as quickly as possible ( often using the driven pass ) to limit the exposure and build from there.

The reason I was going Ultra D was to prevent counter attacks. Now I just go defensive and have changed my pressure to 85 and aggression to 95. I get more turnovers in dangerous areas and consequently goals and I while my defensive line don't sit back nearly as deeply as previously I am still not conceding counter attack goals.

45th / 90th minute, foul, waste time, whatever I need to do to keep them away from my goal :o

Since I changed I played 8 games and only lost one. That was in the final of the daily tournament, first time I had ever gotten to it with a gold team. I was beaten by a better player, good skiller, he deserved the win. In Div 4 I had 2 losses before I changed my tactics, since then 3 wins.

Just wondering how long this will last before it all goes to pot again ;)

Hey lads just start to build some Spanish teams to have them for when the sbc comes along just wondering how many players from each club do ye buy or is it best to just buy as many extra as you can when they are cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I just buy the 11 and build as many squads as I can, if you happen to still need the odd card sure it wont be a big deal. every league seems to have one or two teams that the price fixers have already got to, I just skipped those teams

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hey lads just start to build some Spanish teams to have them for when the sbc comes along just wondering how many players from each club do ye buy or is it best to just buy as many extra as you can when they are cheap?
    I buy every single player on every single team except the expensive ones ( by that I mean over 1K ). Guarantee you will sell every single player at a profit when the SBC comes along. With a bit of luck you might even have a few players you might have bought for 300 coins you can sell for 9000+ !

I buy every single player on every single team except the expensive ones ( by that I mean over 1K ). Guarantee you will sell every single player at a profit when the SBC comes along. With a bit of luck you might even have a few players you might have bought for 300 coins you can sell for 9000+ !

Yeh I'm thinking along these lines too im not short of coins and I don't desperately need any players for my goodnsquads so I may aswell and invest now and see what happens.

• Advertisement

This I find very interesting and I have changed my strategy to do something similar as I would have never put on a sub during a game.

I play 433(4) and have now start with a sub LW or RW / ST and CAM on the bench after reading all about the momentum stuff. If I find that players are missing a few chances I sub in a replacement in the second half. In the short time that I have been doing it the results have surprised me. On 2 occasions I have subbed on Batshuayi on for Lukaku. First time after 70 minutes and he scored the winner in the 80th, 2nd time in a 0-0 draw I subbed him on in the first half of extra time, he headed the winner in the 120th minute :)

Definitely fresh players make a massive difference. The amount of times I've subbed on Giovinco and my opponents just can't track his movement because of his agility with their tiring Smalling, Bailly, Barzagli, Bonucci.
    I tended to start the game on Ultra D. I had pressure at about 60 and aggression at about 80.I often would dominate the game like Rossi above and still lose. I noticed that a very high percentage of goals arise from losing possession in your own half particularly high pressure opponents.

The thing with high pressure is that you will dominate the game and your opponent will definitely struggle to get out of his own half or keep the ball at the times, but you are leaving so much space in behind with values like that, that the few times they will create a chance, it's likely to be a very good one unless you are ridiculously good defensively.

It's a risk vs reward thing. I tried super high pressure a few weeks ago and it just didn't work for me. Decent players will get around it, and even a poor enough player will manage to get around it once or twice per game.

I went through a period of 7 or 8 games where it worked for me and I conceded very few, but then I had to abandon it after a few weekend league games because it just wasn't working. I still have tonnes of games where I have loads of chances, loads of shots, and my opponent will have 1 or 2 and score. It's just part of FIFA.
    So now I try and ensure that I get the ball out the sides and up the wings to the RW/LW as quickly as possible ( often using the driven pass ) to limit the exposure and build from there.

I had a similar strategy for FIFA 16. I played 4-3-3(4) and used wing play a lot. If you lose the ball on the wing, then it's less likely to be instantly dangerous. I just couldn't win consistently with that formation and cut teams open like last year.

I found 4-3-3(2) to be the most effective variant of it this year. I'd say give 4-1-2-1-2(2) a try. It takes a lot of getting used to, but there is a reason all the pro players use it. It's good going forward once you start to understand the patterns, it's very good for applying high pressure at the right times, but you can fall back to a very solid defensive setup when they breakthrough that.

Advertisement