Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Berty44 wrote: »
    I buy every single player on every single team except the expensive ones ( by that I mean over 1K ). Guarantee you will sell every single player at a profit when the SBC comes along. With a bit of luck you might even have a few players you might have bought for 300 coins you can sell for 9000+ !

Similar. I have 17-18 of each team (not done Spanish yet, mind). Reckon I'll put 11 into the SBC and then sell the leftovers for a bit too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Into the semi-finals of daily knockout, didn't get past the team preview and EA kicked me off of the servers and I got a loss and -1 attempt :(

Also, a daily knockout coming up requires a full La Liga team + subs bench. Might be worth investing into a few popular players from there. I've already picked up a few Pato, Cancelo and Mangala.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Did them all this evening cost me about 150k the pc market is crazy a big shortage of silver and some lower gold players but I'm sure I'll make it back when the sbc comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Question, if a premier league player gets a foreign move in the January transfer window, would his premier league card increase in value after?

Liamalone wrote: »
    Question, if a premier league player gets a foreign move in the January transfer window, would his premier league card increase in value after?

It depends but Most likely yes someone like Oscar will because his card won't be in packs anymore at all and with sbc he will be in short supply but some ayers won't be in that much demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

jayo26 wrote: »
    It depends but Most likely yes someone like Oscar will because his card won't be in packs anymore at all and with sbc he will be in short supply but some ayers won't be in that much demand.

This guy has pace though lmao

Liamalone wrote: »
    This guy has pace though lmao

Pace means value haha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ibrahimovic looks very likely to get the POTM SBC. I might regret doing so, but I'm starting to build up a reserve of French league IFs. I'd imagine the United ones I have could triple in price too, if it's similar to Hazard's....

IMG_20170104_150306.jpgscreenshot windows 7

No martial inform but that Lukaku card looks beastly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

That TOTW sucks compared to usual (except for Willian and Lukaku). If I don't open my 3 IF pack from the WL, does the pack expire? Can I save it until next week for a better TOTW or will it just give me this week's TOTW regardless of when I open it?

• Advertisement

Yhh i think you can save them they don't expire

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

v3ttel wrote: »
    That TOTW sucks compared to usual (except for Willian and Lukaku). If I don't open my 3 IF pack from the WL, does the pack expire? Can I save it until next week for a better TOTW or will it just give me this week's TOTW regardless of when I open it?

You can hold it for as long as you want. The IFs you get are from the week you open it.

I wish I kept a TOTW pack as all these bpl IFs will go for at least 20-30k as well as a chance to get Willian who will probably be 150k+. Last week there was sooo many discard players.

Adam1100 wrote: »
    You can hold it for as long as you want. The IFs you get are from the week you open it.

I wish I kept a TOTW pack as all these bpl IFs will go for at least 20-30k as well as a chance to get Willian who will probably be 150k+. Last week there was sooo many discard players.

Yeah, I suppose that's another way of looking at it. Probably most of those PL IFs will go for a decent amount. I might just open it. I'd never get a big player even if they had an IF anyway.

I'd take 20K from each player rather than 3 discards. I'll probably only end up with Castro, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze anyway.

This TOTW might be in packs using TOTY as well, so prices could be low. Eyeing up that IF Gray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Gray card looks brilliant. Lightning quick and shooting, dribbling and physical all 80+. Good work-rates too.

And he's 81 overall so he shouldn't be outrageously expensive. 80-100k?

This TOTW might be in packs using TOTY as well, so prices could be low. Eyeing up that IF Gray :D

When is toty announced next Monday id say is it?

Gray looks like an awesome card for the bench he has better stats then my sbc rashford :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Had the game of my life last night.

Won 6-0

Only gave away a couple of chances, had 60% possesion and Pjanic scored his 1st goal for me in the 40 games he has played.

Ripped him with IF Insigne which usually never happens for me

Anyone used the likes of informs icardi and mertens in Italian leagues? I'm after listing up ronaldo and bale and thinking of going Italian with load of informs or would we rethink German league be better?

Edit: sorry Rossi just noticed you using them what kind of team you got?

When is toty announced next Monday id say is it?

Gray looks like an awesome card for the bench he has better stats then my sbc rashford :(

Yup, people saying it should be next Monday. IF Gray's stats are actually insanely good for an 81 card. 80+ in strength, positioning, finishing and shot power. He was going for 50k within first 8 mins of release and immediately shot up, now 100k+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Anyone used the likes of informs icardi and mertens in Italian leagues? I'm after listing up ronaldo and bale and thinking of going Italian with load of informs or would we rethink German league be better?

Edit: sorry Rossi just noticed you using them what kind of team you got?

Havnt got IF Mertens or Icardi although Mertens looks class.

I use a 433(4)
    Handanovic
    Alves-Bonucci-Cheilini-Sandro
    Medel-Pjanic
    Dybala CAM
    RW Cuadrado-IF Insigne LW
    Higuin

Its good like, the person holding the controller is the let down.

Cuadrado is top class so is Juve defence and Handanovic.

Higuin misses a good few chances with his feet for me but he scores headers.

Usually sub on Squad Builder Jonas, IF Bernardeshi and Robben with 30 to go.

Lichensteiner is also a beast at right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Been playing FUT on PS4 now for a few months. Was playing over Christmas and all was good. But for the last 4 days I cannot get a game online in FUT or Seasons. Each time the search times out and says it cannot find an opponent for me. Anyone else experienced this ? Happening tonight again. I've not managed to get a single in 4 days.

Quick question. You need PS plus to play fifa 17 online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

brianon wrote: »
    Been playing FUT on PS4 now for a few months. Was playing over Christmas and all was good. But for the last 4 days I cannot get a game online in FUT or Seasons. Each time the search times out and says it cannot find an opponent for me. Anyone else experienced this ? Happening tonight again. I've not managed to get a single in 4 days.

Quick question. You need PS plus to play fifa 17 online ?

Pretty sure you need PS+ to play any game online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Thanks. I have PS+ anyway. Was wondering.

I still cannot get a game. Is it just me ? Nothing has changed on my end.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Havnt got IF Mertens or Icardi although Mertens looks class.

I use a 433(4)
    Handanovic
    Alves-Bonucci-Cheilini-Sandro
    Medel-Pjanic
    Dybala CAM
    RW Cuadrado-IF Insigne LW
    Higuin

Its good like, the person holding the controller is the let down.

Cuadrado is top class so is Juve defence and Handanovic.

Higuin misses a good few chances with his feet for me but he scores headers.

Usually sub on Squad Builder Jonas, IF Bernardeshi and Robben with 30 to go.

Lichensteiner is also a beast at right back

Cheers pal I went all out after with in forms but they so scarce on pc it's hard to loose money on them.
    Screenshot_20170104_202025.png
    I'm gonna keep an eye on Lukaku and Gray from totw and might give them a try In my BPL team.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

I bought that gray card for 65k. Everyone was opening their TOTW packs and I thought it was too cheap. Sold him for 120k :)

Edit: wow he's 155k now. Should've held him a bit longer

Adam1100 wrote: »
    I bought that gray card for 65k. Everyone was opening their TOTW packs and I thought it was too cheap. Sold him for 120k :)

Edit: wow he's 155k now. Should've held him a bit longer

He will drop again id imagine.. he is dropping bit by bit on pc anyway

Cheers pal I went all out after with in forms but they so scarce on pc it's hard to loose money on them.
    Screenshot_20170104_202025.png
    I'm gonna keep on Lukaku and Gray from totw and might give them a try In my BPL team.

That's a ridiculously good team. It might be worth trying IF Florenzi over Alves. Alves has high/low work rates so he's never going to defend for you.

v3ttel wrote: »
    That's a ridiculously good team. It might be worth trying IF Florenzi over Alves. Alves has high/low work rates so he's never going to defend for you.

I have a really weird way of defending I usually don't control the wingbacks I leave the opponent play away on wing and I'll be bringing back my defensive horse of a midfielder to guard the middle of the box and just outside.... It works for me most of the time ha.

The likes of Alves are grand then because he has pace so when I hold the button down to send him after the winger he can do it also. I put them to stay back which helps too.

Edit: actually just looked at florenzi stats I forgot about him and all his 80s I'm gonna give him a try too thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So this was my first proper run in the Weekend League, I finished Gold 3.

Got my rewards just now, first Mega Pack bes player is 81 Peres. Second Mega Pack, better? Slightly, Jose Fonte.

12 Rare Gold Player Pack..

31a90288bd4d017be5c3704de1b8b717.png

So after I take that photo, show it to a couple mates, I then open the rest of the pack...

dd5a9127e06aeaa3edb37804052415aa.png

This is the best pack I've ever gotten, I love the Weekend League.

• Advertisement

I got Milner, Trippier and Sinclair as my 3 IFs. Milner will probably get me 60K. I'll take gladly take that.

I shouldn't have opened my 100K pack and saved it for TOTY. I got no one except Xhaka.

Advertisement