Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

So this was my first proper run in the Weekend League, I finished Gold 3.

Got my rewards just now, first Mega Pack bes player is 81 Peres. Second Mega Pack, better? Slightly, Jose Fonte.

12 Rare Gold Player Pack..

31a90288bd4d017be5c3704de1b8b717.png

So after I take that photo, show it to a couple mates, I then open the rest of the pack...

dd5a9127e06aeaa3edb37804052415aa.png

This is the best pack I've ever gotten, I love the Weekend League.

That's a damn good pack. I've had so many gold 3 finishes and got nada :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've 220k now along with a team worth about the same, might just re-jig it a little bit and try bring in an elite player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Right, temptation got the better of me and i started ultimate team, 2nd free pack i opened, i got a Deli Alli gold card , i see others for sale and the bidding is 61,000, so im guessing i should sell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

Right, temptation got the better of me and i started ultimate team, 2nd free pack i opened, i got a Deli Alli gold card , i see others for sale and the bidding is 61,000, so im guessing i should sell

Sell and build a low cost team from a better value league. Look at Russian or maybe Italian. 60k could buy you alot, EPL is most expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Toty starts January 9th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Unless you got special, not just regular gold card, you won't get anything near 61k unfortunately. 2-3k more like for regular gold.

Welcome to the madness of Ultimate.

Make sure to unlock your coin boost in the menu and start playing with whatever team you can build.

wonski wrote: »
    Unless you got special, not just regular gold card, you won't get anything near 61k unfortunately. 2-3k more like for regular gold.

Make sure to unlock your coin boost in the menu and start playing with whatever team you can build.

Assuming he started today he can't get regular gold in packs it has to be totw Ali ;)

Weekend league automatic qualification has now been reduced to gold 3 which should make it easy for alot if people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

wonski wrote: »

yeah it wasnt just standard gold, must have been totw, Sold it for 78,000 anyway, built a very good premier league team, won 1st game 3-0, opponent while thinking it was fifa 15, just running the wings and crossing/chipping into the box kept shouting through headset that i was lagging him

Yes ultimate team is still a load of cack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

yeah it wasnt just standard gold, must have been totw, Sold it for 78,000 anyway, built a very good premier league team, won 1st game 3-0, opponent while thinking it was fifa 15, just running the wings and crossing/chipping into the box kept shouting through headset that i was lagging him

Yes ultimate team is still a load of cack

Love it when my opponent is shouting the odds at me, don't love it when he is playing House Music as loud as humanly possible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

jayo26 wrote: »
    Toty starts January 9th

Are there special TOTY packs or are they just stuck in with the regular ones? (I can't remember from last year)

I ask as I have 6 jumbo premium packs that I'm wondering might contain TOTY cards if I hang on to open them??

• Advertisement

Are there special TOTY packs or are they just stuck in with the regular ones? (I can't remember from last year)

I ask as I have 6 jumbo premium packs that I'm wondering might contain TOTY cards if I hang on to open them??

They will be in all packs replacing the normal gold players.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Messing round with the bronze pack method again this morning. Not making any bank but breaking even with 90% of packs, and getting tonnes of bronzes to put through SBCs. Plus it states my pack opening desires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Reached my peak lads.

Qualified from division 7.

IF Insigne and Dybala were the heroes of qualifying.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Messing round with the bronze pack method again this morning. Not making any bank but breaking even with 90% of packs, and getting tonnes of bronzes to put through SBCs. Plus it states my pack opening desires.

400 or 750 packs?

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    400 or 750 packs?

Most come with at least 1, if not 2, single player fitness cards that sell for 150/200 coins, so break even.

Most come with at least 1, if not 2, single player fitness cards that sell for 150/200 coins, so break even.

Sweet, gonna give it a go tonight.

(Or now while in work :) )

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sweet, gonna give it a go tonight.

(Or now while in work :) )

I super stress this. It's not get rich quick scheme, and I'm not even sure if it's a get rich scheme. I do it cause if I don't, I'll probably just waste it some other way. It's a mess and a bit of fun. I feel, most likely, that I won't make much money on the method, but if I break even and then use cards for SBCs or upgrade them, it's fun.

I wouldn't want to waste all my coins on it mind.

I've never watched NepentheZ before, but someone on the Fifa subreddit linked his videos on the method, and they look a good indicator of what to expect.

I do like using bronze players though. I usually open a few 750 packs after some games anyway.

Apparently there's more guaranteed TOTW SBCs on the way, not sure if the requirements will be the same but I've gone and put my remaining 50k into some 84s again.

Would be surprised, given the POTM will probably drop next weekend.

Marquee Matchups are up.

Stoke/Wolves, Man United/Reading, Sociedad/Sevilla and Lyon/Montpellier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bronze pack method working nicely for me, not even because of the players, more because every third or fourth pack gives me a squad fitness card which are going for 1200 at the minute. Breaking even from that and then I'm getting the odd player who sells too. It's more out of fun than anything though, you won't make big profits.

Had a few rare bronze Spanish players for this weeks MM, so that helped :P

Just moved onto silver packs, in my first one I got two players on crazy prices due to the league SBCs (including one of the silvers that got their price range hiked to 17,000) and a squad fitness card. On track to make around 12-15k profit for one pack. Never going near gold ones again!

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just moved onto silver packs, in my first one I got two players on crazy prices due to the league SBCs (including one of the silvers that got their price range hiked to 17,000) and a squad fitness card. On track to make around 12-15k profit for one pack. Never going near gold ones again!

Would be interested to hear how silver packs worked long term. I think silver players involved in SBC will deco be worth way more, but I worry bout the amount of useless junk you'd get....

Would be interested to hear how silver packs worked long term. I think silver players involved in SBC will deco be worth way more, but I worry bout the amount of useless junk you'd get....

Yeah opened another couple and no such luck. The value isn't there in the long term I'd guess, will probably stick to bronze. One thing's for sure though, gold packs are an absolute waste unless you get them from SBCs. Best card I pulled this year from one I bought was Mata. Best one I got from an SBC was Courtois, and a couple of cheap in-forms.

Just lost on penalties in WL to a bronze team, lad wasn't even good, scored one of his 3 shots and rode it out til penalties. His keeper had 14 saves. I went the right way for two penalties, they both hit my keepers torso and yet somehow still went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Returned to the weekend league this week. I'd like 3 or even 11 red IFs. My best start ever was today, won 10, lost 4. On course for elite I think if I keep up the standard, but I feel a losing streak is incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

When do we get our December monthly rewards?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

stephenl15 wrote: »
    When do we get our December monthly rewards?

Usually the middle of the month after. So next week, maybe. Looking forward to my single silver in-form....

Had my best start ever to the WL. Won 9 of my first 10 games but went on a bad run then to go 11 from 15. I was dreaming of elite weekly after the first ten games but looks like it'll be another week of 21-24 wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I got 11 wins from the first 13, but I got absolutely thrashed for 2 games after that so I'm calling it a night.

I rarely do the wl. It's too much fifa but I'd like to make gold 1 / elite 3 and have a few packs for toty.

Even with the games I lost, I'd say there was only 2 games where people were playing like absolute d!cks. A lot less then Seasons anyway, twas a pleasant surprise.

Advertisement