Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Starting to churn some of the useless bronzes through the upgrade SBCs. Have got eight two-players packs out of the Korean, Greek and Chillian leagues so far...

Third one nets me a Toulouse defender who is extinct on the market! I know he's untradable, but I needed two defenders from Toulouse to finish their SBC, so he basically just saved me the gut ends of 15k!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Won my first 7 games in division 1 went on to draw one loose 2 of the next 3 games closest I came to winning division 1 in few years.

Last time I won division 1 was FIFA 15 I think :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Last time I won division 1 was FIFA 15 I think :pac:

Think mine was same or fifa 14 I wouldn't mind only I use to win it easily back in fifa 11 and 12 when they only had the 5 divisions now im constantly just going between 1 and 2 every year.

Think mine was same or fifa 14 I wouldn't mind only I use to win it easily back in fifa 11 and 12 when they only had the 5 divisions now im constantly just going between 1 and 2 every year.

Same with me..I haven't played much of it this year tho. Last year I made it to div 2 and just ****ed off to career mode cos I couldn't get any further

• Advertisement

Same with me..I haven't played much of it this year tho. Last year I made it to div 2 and just ****ed off to career mode cos I couldn't get any further

I have only ever enjoyed career mode on pc with a mod that tweaks it to the be more realistic. It's just too random as it is so I don't bother but they haven't been able tweak it this year because of the change over to the new game engine so I'll be staying clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Career mode is always a mess, I remember one year I was playing as Villareal and bought Lloris from Spurs, played them a few months later in Europe only to find out they'd been using Harry Kane in goal ever since I bought their keeper.

Career mode is always a mess, I remember one year I was playing as Villareal and bought Lloris from Spurs, played them a few months later in Europe only to find out they'd been using Harry Kane in goal ever since I bought their keeper.

Yeh this is the kind of thing drives me nuts or the likes of Sunderland signing Suarez for 20 million.

On the pc in previous years there has been a great modding community that basically fixed career mode by tweaking transfer systems and training methods and player growth but also players values and wage budgets and youth academy's it was always really enjoyable when you get bored of ultimate team.

Yeh this is the kind of thing drives me nuts or the likes of Sunderland signing Suarez for 20 million.

On the pc in previous years there has been a great modding community that basically fixed career mode by tweaking transfer systems and training methods and player growth but also players values and wage budgets and youth academy's it was always really enjoyable when you get bored of ultimate team.

Might have a look at that for next FIFA. Given Sony released the Bluetooth adapter for the controller it makes it much easier.

Might have a look at that for next FIFA. Given Sony released the Bluetooth adapter for the controller it makes it much easier.

Im Fully converted to using xbox controller now. After having nothing only PS since the PS one it only took about a month to get the hang of Ha.

What's the Bluetooth adapter like? I have a spare ds4 here it Be handy for a mate or whatever.

• Advertisement

Im Fully converted to using xbox controller now. After having nothing only PS since the PS one it only took about a month to get the hang of Ha.

What's the Bluetooth adapter like? I have a spare ds4 here it Be handy for a mate or whatever.

Not a clue! Was looking at it there a few days ago...only €25 in GameStop in my town, not a bad price at all. I'm also wondering if you could use 2 controllers 1 adapter or if you'd have to get 2 separate adapters.

Not a clue! Was looking at it there a few days ago...only €25 in GameStop in my town, not a bad price at all. I'm also wondering if you could use 2 controllers 1 adapter or if you'd have to get 2 separate adapters.

I dont really understand why they needed a dongle for ds4 as it connected to pc anyway they just needed the release a decent software driver for it. Eitherway you will still have an issue with the onscreen icons been for xbox I still haven't got my mind around them even with xbox controller.

Got Gold 3 again, 6 games left but not sure I even want to go for Gold 2, looks worse. played 2 games in a row against teams with Neymar, Messi and IF Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Got Gold 3 again, 6 games left but not sure I even want to go for Gold 2, looks worse. played 2 games in a row against teams with Neymar, Messi and IF Ronaldo.

Errmmmm, if you've played two games then you've 'gone for it', no? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Finished on 24 wins. One away from two 100k packs :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    Errmmmm, if you've played two games then you've 'gone for it', no? :D

Was trying for Gold 1 but I needed all wins from my remaining games, won the first and lost the second so didn't bother going on for Gold 2.

Instead I just got some bronze players and spent my remaining games trying to get as many red cards as possible :D

Also finished gold 3..the first time I've really gone all out with WL. 5 games left for me, cba playing them. Came up against an insane team with Messi, Neymar, Bale, TOTGS Lewa, IF Ramos, Neuer etc...beat him in the 120th min with a 30 yard free kick into the bottom corner. My last game for gold 3, Martial scored all 4 goals in a 4-1 win! :D
    I dont really understand why they needed a dongle for ds4 as it connected to pc anyway they just needed the release a decent software driver for it. Eitherway you will still have an issue with the onscreen icons been for xbox I still haven't got my mind around them even with xbox controller.

Does it not recognise you're using DS4 and change accordingly? Even when using the dongle?

Does it not recognise you're using DS4 and change accordingly? Even when using the dongle?

I always though that was coded into the game ha i havent a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The weekend of a journeyman FIFA UT player.....

So failing to qualify for the weekend league as usual I was consigned to playing Divisions.

Friday night started with a win leaving me needing one point in my final game to take the Div 4 title, needless to say I lost but still got promotion to Div 3 for the first time. Played 3 games, one point not looking good.

Saturday finished out Div 3. A few wins and a draw left me needing a win from my last game to avoid relegation...I drew and was relegated.

Sunday I played back in Div 4 again. First 4 games 2 wins and a draw so average. Then after a 5-1 loss I decided that since high pressure was beating me I would finally give in and try and see how to play it no mater how much I hate it. On to Youtube, found a video, changed all my tactics and instructions. Next 5 games drew 2 but lost 3, no wins. Last game needed a point to avoid successive relegations...5-0 thumping in so back to Div 5. High pressure, its not for me, just getting absolutely killed with counter attack goals, my controller is in dire danger.

Back to ultra d and trying to score beautiful goals like Arsenal.

6 wins, 5 draws and 11 losses F28 A46.

IF Erikesen my best player. in the 11 games he played with that terrible record he had 6 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Jaysus Berty you sound like myself.

Getting wipped in Div 4 after an emphatic journey through Div 5.

Getting done on the counter by Musa and Batsuahi.

I then try park the bus to counter their counters but then they just score longshots with Batsuahi's weak foot from 25 yards.

5 losses on the trot in Div 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Hoping to step up to division 4 today need 3 points from 2 games but now I am scared

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have last week's rewards saved up for TOTY later. Also have about 130k which I'm not sure what to do with. My teams are getting a bit stale so I kind of want to buy a player or two but I also want to blow the lot on packs!

J. Marston wrote: »
    Have last week's rewards saved up for TOTY later. Also have about 130k which I'm not sure what to do with. My teams are getting a bit stale so I kind of want to buy a player or two but I also want to blow the lot on packs!

Id save them for the weekend it will only be defenders on packs tonight but the full squad will be in packs for the weekend.

Id save them for the weekend it will only be defenders on packs tonight but the full squad will be in packs for the weekend.

Ah, I forgot that's how they release them. Yeah, I won't be touching them tonight so. No-one wants to pack a defender.

Ah, I forgot that's how they release them. Yeah, I won't be touching them tonight so. No-one wants to pack a defender.

Blue defender would be a far cry better then the **** I usually get Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Good tip for preventing goals where the opponent runs from kick off, use the offside trap. It works perfectly.

As if I'd pack any TOTY either way :pac:

C1vrOAXXUAE7DUN.jpg

Same ol', same ol'.

Apparently Ronaldo is 99 rated.

Yeh usual fifa crap all Spanish league and the greatest keeper of them all that makes a handful of saves a year.

• Advertisement

The forwards are in packs now. No chance of getting one but feck it, may as well open my stuff.

Edit: Got IF Milner which would be awesome if he was a CM and not a bloody LB.

Advertisement