Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Stab*City wrote: »
    Id love a legend, what game mode do you play?

During the week I try and fail to qualify for the WL and then at he weekend play divisions. Three one goal losses last night, including one in the 90th minute and another in the 118th minute. Abandoned the high pressure experiment and was much better even if winless. Poor defence cost me all 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Berty44 wrote: »
    During the week I try and fail to qualify for the WL and then at he weekend play divisions. Three one goal losses last night, including one in the 90th minute and another in the 118th minute. Abandoned the high pressure experiment and was much better even if winless. Poor defence cost me all 3 games.

I tried to qualify for the WL last night. Got to the final and lost 4-2 i think i could have done better. If i won that final that puts me into the WL league then right? Is the WL much harder?

This web app thing is very handy during the day when im not at the xbox! Im working the transfer market much more and my team at the moment is more valuable than ever before (but still not alot).

Sorry one other question for you guys.. How many players do you have in your club. DO you keep everything or sell everything or just keep some things?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got Griezmann in a pack! When it was a walkout and the French flag dropped, I was praying for Pogba but Griezmann is awesome too.

No idea what to do now though. I've been thinking about building a French team but I've also been thinking about buying Ibrahimovic and if I sold Griezmann I'd be about 70k away with my WL rewards to come later this week.

Dilemma.

@StabCity....I am on on XBox as well, just add me as a friend ( my XBox name is same as on here ) if you want to chat about UT ( or if you want an easy win...I am ****e ), I have been playing it for years !

People take different approaches. Me, I keep everything as they come in handy for SBC's. On top of that I have gone and bought / collected every single player ( except the expensive ones ) in the Italian / Spanish and German top divisions in anticipation of future league SBC's for players. I have about 2500 players in my club. My ultimate aim is to make a team of Legends. Sad....huh !

If you want to know what the weekend league is like go back to page 133 of this thread and read on as the good players who have made it pop their comments in. Seems like some of them need therapy on Sunday nights !

@StabCity....I am on on XBox as well, just add me as a friend ( my XBox name is same as on here ) if you want to chat about UT ( or if you want an easy win...I am ****e ), I have been playing it for years !

Ill add you later!
    2500 players in my club. My ultimate aim is to make a team of Legends. Sad....huh !
    Wow!! I must start holding onto a few. But i just get so tempted to buy and sell.. I imagine this is how a gambler feels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I have failed to win in my last 11 games, where is it all going wrong :o
    (

I'm not a great player myself, but here are some things to try that might help. Take or leave as much of it as you want!

Use fake pass stop (X and A) now and again.

Combine that occasionally with the scoop turn (X and A with a 4 star skiller) around the edge of the box.

If there is no player making a run or a player is making a run but is not in the correction position, use precision dribbling (LT+RT) to buy some time (scooping out of that works well too).

Use LB + A when passing to force the passer to make a forward run.

Use LT when defending to jockey and slow down attackers instead of running towards them.

Inside the box use low driven shots (tap B after you've powered the shot) and low driven finesse.

If a defender makes contact with your attacker and he is a four star skiller, there is normally a half a second window to use the berba spin to break inside. Otherwise tap RT a couple of times to hold him off. If he he has poor strength, use a reverse body feint to break away and recycle possession.

Be comfortable with 2 formations (one narrow, one wide). If you are being dominated, switch to the other formation.

Try weird combinations of movement to keep yourself from being predictable. (ie: ball roll left then precision dribble to the right straight away).

Use driven passes to your attackers.

Don't run in straight lines or diagonals too often, unless you have broken the defensive line.

This one applies to the weekend league, if you lose one or two games in a row, take a break. Don't turn two losses into ten losses.

If all else fails, go to twitch and watch how the top guys build their attacks and how they defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Fair play mate good tips.

I'd also add if your player is slow or not doing what you want just throw the controller at the tv it eases the tension for 5 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

jayo26 wrote: »
    Fair play mate good tips.

I'd also add if your player is slow or not doing what you want just throw the controller at the tv it eases the tension for 5 seconds.

You found that worked too? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm actually having so much fun with my team at the moment, Marcelo is expensive for a LB but when on the attack he's a brilliant winger, 4* skills and all. I've got 3 IF Reids, hoping a high rated premier league IF is needed for the Ibra SBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Are many of you making it to Elite in the Weekend League? Its just such a grind trying to get to 40 games and life gets in the way during the weekend. Had Monday off so decided to try and grind through as many games as I could Sunday night. By 2am I was wrecked so at the start of every game I went Ultra Attacking to try and get the other player to quit by going a goal up quickly.

Made it to 21 wins and just couldn't be bothered after that. Think I had 10 games left but just too tired to go on with it.

You would nearly have to try and get 10 games or so done each day and then fit the remaining ten in somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've gotten gold 3 two weeks in a row, just enough to qualify for next week and the rewards seem better than gold 2.

I win the majority of my games on a Sunday, seems so much easier then

Chemistry doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be. Using IF Milner in CM at 4 chemistry and he feels fine. See no difference between him and full chem Herrera. Milner seems to be more of a goal threat too since he has great free-kick stats and the good stance for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Was a bit bored, decided to do the 82+ SBC - out walks TOTY Suarez!

If it was tradeable I'd be a FUT millionaire but it looks like I'm building a BBVA team!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

If it was tradeable I'd be a FUT millionaire but it looks like I'm building a BBVA team!

Wow..unbelievable. Some youtubers spend thousands of dollars and don't get one. That card looks deadly though, if he gets down to about 2.5 mil I might sell everything to get him.

I did a TOTW untradeable pack with mostly untradeable players from my club. Got Andre Gray so he'll go straight into my bpl team. Looks like an upgraded vardy!

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Wow..unbelievable. Some youtubers spend thousands of dollars and don't get one. That card looks deadly though, if he gets down to about 2.5 mil I might sell everything to get him.

I did a TOTW untradeable pack with mostly untradeable players from my club. Got Andre Gray so he'll go straight into my bpl team. Looks like an upgraded vardy!

I bought gray as an investment and used him a bit he is actually handy enough. Put the sniper card on him to increase his dribbling and shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

And I did it last night and got Motta :pac: fair play tho! He's the one I definitely want to pack/try out. Have you used him yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Do ye reckon it might be worth investing in a few IF Trippier for the prem squad builder. Going for around 13/14k at the moment.

I think I mentioned earlier about having a narrow and wide formation. Just had the perfect example of why that's the job. Minute 63, I go 0-1 and I have been struggling to create chances. His narrow defense was really making it impossible for me.

Minute 64, I change formation from 4-1-2-1-2(2) to 4-3-3(4) wide. Minute 65, 1-1. Minute 69, 2-1 to me. Minute 74, 3-1. Minute 79, 4-1.

I went from not being able to create a chance to having him resorting to trying injure my players for the last 11 minutes of the game. Always have a second formation that's the opposite of your starting one.

Jeez, congrats! I'm slightly gutted for you that he's not tradeable because he's going for 4.4 million, but still, you've got one of the best players in FUT. You'll have won a load of games before you even kick off when the opponent sees that card.
    joe123 wrote: »
    Are many of you making it to Elite in the Weekend League? Its just such a grind trying to get to 40 games and life gets in the way during the weekend. Had Monday off so decided to try and grind through as many games as I could Sunday night. By 2am I was wrecked so at the start of every game I went Ultra Attacking to try and get the other player to quit by going a goal up quickly.

Made it to 21 wins and just couldn't be bothered after that. Think I had 10 games left but just too tired to go on with it.

You would nearly have to try and get 10 games or so done each day and then fit the remaining ten in somewhere.

Yeah a few of us have hit it, and a few more hit Gold 1. 40 games is just too much in a weekend though.

Forgot to ask, does anyone else have SBC Insigne? I had his TOTS card last year and he was just ridiculously good, but his SBC card seems to be broken for me. He's a massive bag of ****.

15 games, 0 goals, 1 assist. I normally sub him on, but still, I sub on IF Giovinco at the same time as him and he regularly scores/assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

v3ttel wrote: »
    Forgot to ask, does anyone else have SBC Insigne? I had his TOTS card last year and he was just ridiculously good, but his SBC card seems to be broken for me. He's a massive bag of ****.

15 games, 0 goals, 1 assist. I normally sub him on, but still, I sub on IF Giovinco at the same time as him and he regularly scores/assists.

Yeah, I had is IF, sold it once I got his SBC. Just got 100 apps for me, has 36 goals and 33 assists so he seems to be doing the job and I'd start him every game. I have him in a 4321 with hig and cuadrado.

• Advertisement

Had another go at qualifying for the WL last night. Beat a guy with three legends in his team and then lost 4-0 to a guy in the final with probably the best team ive ever played against. Ah well maybe next time.

Whats the best website for explaining what all the different card types are and what the chem styles are all about? I had a look at a couple but was just wondering is there a favored site on boards.

www.futbin.com
    www.futwiz.com
    www.futhead.com

On futbin you can "apply" a card and see the stats changes that each card change

www.futbin.com
    www.futwiz.com
    www.futhead.com

On futbin you can "apply" a card and see the stats changes that each card change

Forgot to add you last night Berty!! Ill do it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Stab*City wrote: »
    Whats the best website for explaining what all the different card types are and what the chem styles are all about? I had a look at a couple but was just wondering is there a favored site on boards.

Futbin.com lets you see each player's stats, including what they become once you add chemistry cards to them and where they play best.

EDIT: Berty beat me to it :P

I also discovered Futbin's SBC section last night

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

Probably not a revelation to many, but I was able to see what SBCs were worth doing for some packs and the price each cost. Was very handy.

I prefer futwiz for player stats I find the layout is much easier to view everything at once

http://www.futwiz.com/en/

I used to be Futhead.com, but switched to Futbin cause it actually can tell you active prices, not just min/max. It's handy when putting a team together.

Never knew that section existed on Futbin ! Doing the TOTW guarantees are questionable I would say, you really would want to get a top player or it would cost to do the tradeable.

also used to be a Futheader but now I like futbin best. I like the way they have a list of the 5 lowest BIN's and the graphs. I picked up a legend Ljungberg last night for 200k. Now have a legendary front 4 although in 3 games Linekar has yet to score but I got him at a good price and I expect all the legends to go up in price once TOTY is over so I will probably sell use them for a few weeks and then sell them again and buy back later.

Got to a semi-final last night. From reading v3ttel's excellent post above I realise I need to work more on my skillz....the mind is just too slow :o

Sick of that toty jersey already between that and the kasabian one

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/819197231295303684

That Eriksen card looks pretty insane.

Advertisement