Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

id say he will be costly to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Weekend League rewards tonight, fingers crossed I get another IF Spurs CAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I lost a bomb this week bought Lukaku last Friday and Erikson also grhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Wow just on FUTBIN those completed challenges and the squads and players you need is very handy!

jayo26 wrote: »
    I lost a bomb this week bought Lukaku last Friday and Erikson also grhhhh

How do you mean you lost a bomb? Did you sell them again and they are worth more now? Im not sure how that works.. I mean does normal player value get affected if a player gets on TOTW?

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    How do you mean you lost a bomb? Did you sell them again and they are worth more now? Im not sure how that works.. I mean does normal player value get affected if a player gets on TOTW?

I bought inform Erickson for 310k he is now dropped to 150k if I want to sell him and Lukaku I bought for 390k and now he is worth 240k so I mean my player value has dropped. Hopefully Lukaku will increase again in few weeks when his inform gets scarce.

Edit. So basically when a player gets a new inform his older informs price drops due to it not been as desirable.

I bought inform Erickson for 310k he is now dropped to 150k if I want to sell him and Lukaku I bought for 390k and now he is worth 240k so I mean my player value has dropped. Hopefully Lukaku will increase again in few weeks when his inform gets scarce.

Edit. So basically when a player gets a new inform his older informs price drops due to it not been as desirable.

Cool thanks for explaining that. That's a whole lot of coins to be losing on a couple players.

Those websites help an awful lot with the team management side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

In the same boat as you Jayo. Bought Eriksen as an investment for 155 and now he is worth around 110. On the plus side he has been brilliant to use and he seems certain now to get a winter upgrade so his 87 card should become an 88 ( I think thats how it works ). So good chance of recovering some price I hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Berty44 wrote: »
    In the same boat as you Jayo. Bought Eriksen as an investment for 155 and now he is worth around 110. On the plus side he has been brilliant to use and he seems certain now to get a winter upgrade so his 87 card should become an 88 ( I think thats how it works ). So good chance of recovering some price I hope !

Hmmm, I wouldn't bank on an upgrade increasing his IFs.

His normal card is 84. His first IF is 86. I would guess a January upgrade will be 85 and that would mean his IFs won't be updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Wonder if it's worth trying the tradeable totw sbc. Last time I ended up with westwood but I'm tempted by some of those players. Anyone get anything decent from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone use 4-3-2-1? Almost 70% of the people I play use it and it gives me real trouble.

I want to change my formation for a new team and I'm just wondering what people use for player instructions and custom tactics?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone use 4-3-2-1? Almost 70% of the people I play use it and it gives me real trouble.

I want to change my formation for a new team and I'm just wondering what people use for player instructions and custom tactics?

Yehh I changed back to it again over past couple days I find it great with a counter attack setup I'll post a copy of my tactics.

20170111_164758.jpg

Thats my setup for 4321 I also like it because it's easy to switch to wide formation with all the right players in proper places.

I use the following:

RB/LB - stay back
    CDM - stay back
    CAM - stay forward
    RW/LW - stay forward, get in behind
    ST - press backline, get in behind

v3ttel wrote: »
    I use the following:

RB/LB - stay back
    CDM - stay back
    CAM - stay forward
    RW/LW - stay forward, get in behind
    ST - press backline, get in behind

The front 3 are key in this formation as you have them set is perfect or if you use Lukaku or Benteke you can set him to false nine.

Also the 3 midfielders set the stay back midfielder to aggressive interceptions its helpful to have a Kante or nainagolin type midfielder with plenty of stamina.

Perisic inform card looks lethal this is his stats with a hunter card
    20170111_182400.png

I just got Gomez IF in the totw pack. Just threw him on as a sub, changed to a 442 up front with hig when 2-0 down. He got both goals to get me a point and kept me in division 2 for another bit.

I'll be keeping him for now. Im saving up for that 87 if mertens, this guy will be the alternative for now.

Just played a game vs a guy with 5 at the back, park the bus from minute 1 (literally 11 players behind the ball at all times he didn't have possession) on a laggy connection that stuttered from first minute to last that made skill moves and first time passes impossible.

Won the game in the last minute, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jaysus, the defensive tactics this year are unreal. I've made my way to Div 3 since Christmas fairly handily, but played my first Division 3 games last night and the amount of people that are ultra defensive don't seem to control their defenders is unreal, just letting the AI do the work and staying in control of their striker. Any good ways to counter?

Jaysus, the defensive tactics this year are unreal. I've made my way to Div 3 since Christmas fairly handily, but played my first Division 3 games last night and the amount of people that are ultra defensive don't seem to control their defenders is unreal, just letting the AI do the work and staying in control of their striker. Any good ways to counter?

Yeh pass and pass and pass some more. If they are literally letting the ai do all the defending then the defenders will eventually come out to close down a ball.

It's why everyone thinks they are Barcelona this year bore you to death with passing but it's most effective way to beat ultra defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Yep. Nearly everyone does that in the weekend league. Best thing to do I think is quick passing and switch the play quickly so they have to keep changing players.

That IF Gomez does look pretty good. Only thing is he's really small. I'll be picking him and the other Argentinian with 95 pace as super subs.

Edit: he's Mexican ha.

• Advertisement

It's actually crazy that the game is designed to defend by itself.

It's actually crazy that the game is designed to defend by itself.

Yep unreal did you ever try score a few goals when the opponent gives up and put down his controller bloody unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wouldn't bank on an upgrade increasing his IFs.

His normal card is 84. His first IF is 86. I would guess a January upgrade will be 85 and that would mean his IFs won't be updated.

I will have to hope he goes to 86 which is the level of his 1st IF. Only then will be my 87 become an 88. Either way my plan to just invest in him has gone out the window as he has quickly become my best player. Last night one game I won 1-0, a fabulous free kick from him. He scores a heap of goals, especially from distance, and that with me being a very ordinary player ( on my way to greatness after your tips though ! )

Looking forward to using my IF Aspas, Jayo's recommendation, again in the Spanish qualifying. He took the last few weeks off for Christmas !

Yep unreal did you ever try score a few goals when the opponent gives up and put down his controller bloody unbelievable.

So infuriating. Sometimes I want to pad the stats of my striker (don't judge me) and they intercept and shield everything automatically. What's worse is that this is actually taken seriously as an e-sport.

So infuriating. Sometimes I want to pad the stats of my striker (don't judge me) and they intercept and shield everything automatically. What's worse is that this is actually taken seriously as an e-sport.

Is it really proper e-sport or is it just an ea thing. I hate watching people play fifa.

Edit: actually hate watching anyone play any game unless it's something I'm thinking of buying.

Is it really proper e-sport or is it just an ea thing. I hate watching people play fifa.

Edit: actually hate watching anyone play any game unless it's something I'm thinking of buying.

It's not Dota or LoL but I think they're trying to be the biggest actual sport e-sport game.

If you notice your opponent is super passive on defense and is never controlling the defender closest to you, there's a couple of things to try, don't stick to one thing but mix it up:

1. Attack that man by just walking towards him, the A.I seems to just contain and will retreat. You can make good ground by just doing that.

2. Use the heel to heel flick to beat them when they stop retreating. It seems like the A.I don't defend against it effectively.

3. Also, precision dribbling and scoop turning seems to work. They A.I don't react well to it either.

4. Quick passes in the final third. In your custom tactics, have something like:

Speed: >70
    Positioning: <40
    Passing: >70

Low positioning will keep your players close together so you can play quick passes. High passing will make them trigger runs in final third more often. High speed will push them forward quickly so if your opponent is attacking you might be able to catch him on the counter.

5. Switch to defensive yourself and make sure your RB, LB, CDM have stay back while attacking. If he's defending like that, he is solely reliant on quick counters. Don't give him anything for free if he is making you play through his entire team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Switched up to 4321 to try and get the best out of 87 IF Kane..put Walcott and Ox beside him. Absolute goal fest and won me the div.4 title. Walcott + Ox are a dream on the wings with clinical Kane up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Managed to do the TOTW tradeable SBC for about 22k as I already had a ****ty inform I was never going to use and a few untradeables in my club. I think I will save it for a better week, does it guarantee you a gold or can you end up with a silver or bronze from that week?

• Advertisement

mutley18 wrote: »
    Managed to do the TOTW tradeable SBC for about 22k as I already had a ****ty inform I was never going to use and a few untradeables in my club. I think I will save it for a better week, does it guarantee you a gold or can you end up with a silver or bronze from that week?

It will be gold. You may as well open it while people are still looking to buy low rated IF's incase you need to sell.

Advertisement