Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bought Willian for 295k yesterday about 5 just before new totw and he is already up to 440k so that's the money back I have lost but I reckon he will go up another 100k so I'll hang on and use him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

If you come up against guys happy to sit back and contain/let the ai defend for them a few tips that might help below.

Use the drilled pass into your attackers and depending on your situation you should be in the box at this stage, if you can move the ball so you are parallel to the goal, take a finesse shot with a fair bit of power. Usually ends top corner.

If they are really flooding their own box, take long shots. Honestly this is one of the best counter measures this year. The amount of goals ive scored with Yaya and Eriksen from outside the box is unreal. Players with longshot traits and good long shot stats are important this year.

Another thing is, once you have your attacker on the ball in their box, hold RB and do the drag back. A skill like this or the ball roll/a step over-feint sometimes knocks the ai out of their defend animation and you literally walk past them. Coming towards a defender, the roulette is also useful to knock them out of the animation. Outside of all that, a simply slow dribble often will let you make room for a shot.

Last but not least, just take shots on the keeper even from odd angles within the box. They often parry the ball across the goal for an easy tap in.

Im Div 1 and have hit Elite and Gold 1 using these steps against this play type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'm sitting on around 3m worth of players and getting itchy...

Decided to sell IF Toure to generate funds..

He's not performing for me, but in fairness I didn't get him a birthday present :D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Glad I held on to SIF Kane now; price has risen from 70k to 85k.

I'm hopeful the Ibra POTM challange will be up this weekend, and think I'm just going to sell everything up at this point. Even my United players, who are just got me stuck in Div 4 anyway with no movement. Want to just start over and see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sickened I didn't invest in IF Fabregas at 70k...he's after going up 30k now and he's only been out of packs for a day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Sickened I didn't invest in IF Fabregas at 70k...he's after going up 30k now and he's only been out of packs for a day!

Great for me. I bought him at 70,500. If you bought any IFs in the latter stages last week, you're in the profit zone. Same thing will happen this week. I'll be looking to pick up eriksen and Ben yedder I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Great for me. I bought him at 70,500. If you bought any IFs in the latter stages last week, you're in the profit zone. Same thing will happen this week. I'll be looking to pick up eriksen and Ben yedder I think.

IF Ben Yedder looks unbelievably good,. When you compare his stats side by side with Griezmann, he is very similar and has a 5 star weak foot.

I'm tempted to buy him as he is 60K at the moment, as opposed to 220K. I might wait until the weekend when they release the full TOTY. I would guess there will be a mass pack opening on that day and his price might come down. It'd be another 160K on the road to Ronaldo, but Griezmann has served me well in the WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have any of ye lads used SIF Brozovic in CM in a 433(4) formation?

Tempted to sell abit and get him to partner IF Perisic.

Marchisio is the other CM and the CAM is Dybala if that helps

Been temporarily locked out of my account 4 times in 24 hours now. :mad:

A quick math question gets me back in, but apparently doing SBCs is an "irregular activity" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Have any of ye lads used SIF Brozovic in CM in a 433(4) formation?

Tempted to sell abit and get him to partner IF Perisic.

Marchisio is the other CM and the CAM is Dybala if that helps

Yep I am ha

Screenshot_20170112_183137.pngupload images

Only way I can fault him is strenght his long shots are lethal I used him as a cam too he was very good but even in cm he is able hold his own and has 92 stamina.

• Advertisement

Hmm. Just packed an untradeable IF Lozano from a two player rare gold pack from trading up through SBCs. Guess he'll be a supersub going forward.

**** me. Follow that one up with an untradeable Lacazette. Thats 50k's worth of untradeable cards in two packs. Of course my luck couldn't be that good on tradeable packs :P Still, thats why I'm doing the Bronze Pack method, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I feel so dirty.

So a couple days ago I posted that I did a TOTW tradeable pack and got Lukaku. I've just done a second one and got Eriksen.

I feel so dirty.

So a couple days ago I posted that I did a TOTW tradeable pack and got Lukaku. I've just done a second one and got Eriksen.

Congratulations. I got szceny.

I did both the Lukaku and Eriksen SBCs on mobile if that sparks anyone's superstition btw.

I did both the Lukaku and Eriksen SBCs on mobile if that sparks anyone's superstition btw.

Yeah. Mobile packs are much better for me. Last night I did 5 81+ player packs on my phone. I got de gea and pjanic and some 83s I can use for SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played 4 friendly games with 4-3-2-1 to get familiar with it and all went well. Won 4, conceded 2, scored 12. "This is great, time to test it in division 1."

Won my first, lost the next 6. Rage sold that pile of shíte. Going to blow all my coins on Ibrahimovic and go back to 4-3-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

J. Marston wrote: »
    Played 4 friendly games with 4-3-2-1 to get familiar with it and all went well. Won 4, conceded 2, scored 12. "This is great, time to test it in division 1."

Won my first, lost the next 6. Rage sold that pile of shíte. Going to blow all my coins on Ibrahimovic and go back to 4-3-3.

Try 433-4 does wonders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Try 433-4 does wonders for me

Yeah, that's what I've been using since the beginning and had success with it. But I got lured into 4-3-2-1 by everyone else using it. Going back to what I know.

Anyone used Ibrahimovic? Would he be alright pace-wise with a hunter card on him?

Played division 3 game just there...came up against park the bus for the full 90mins, couldn't score no matter what I came up with. He goes up, takes his first shot and bounces in off the post in the 70th.....had 68% possession by the end of the game and couldn't score at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Played division 3 game just there...came up against park the bus for the full 90mins, couldn't score no matter what I came up with. He goes up, takes his first shot and bounces in off the post in the 70th.....had 68% possession by the end of the game and couldn't score at all.

Meant a few of those sad f**kers. There's only one thing you can do. As vettel said. Long shots opens them up then

Meant a few of those sad f**kers. There's only one thing you can do. As vettel said. Long shots opens them up then

Must try that next time I come up against them...so frustrating to play against. I hate whoever thought of introducing park the bus at EA.

Sitting here now, waiting for the Ibra POTM announcement and then hoping my investments paid off...

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Yeah. Mobile packs are much better for me. Last night I did 5 81+ player packs on my phone. I got de gea and pjanic and some 83s I can use for SBCs.

I've seen a few people say that now. I'm going to chance opening my monthly rewards on mobile.

Just wait until I get 11 81 rated reds now to totally disprove the theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sitting here now, waiting for the Ibra POTM announcement and then hoping my investments paid off...

Its out. Calm down Lord...calm down :pac:

What are the requirements? Jeez, his normal card has gone up from 380K to 640K. I should have invested in that weeks ago.

I nearly made a team with his normal card last night. He's risen 250k already and is pretty much extinct.

My IF Reid investment hasn't paid off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

1) All Sweden rated 77
    2) Team Zlatan - a one player SBC only the player has to be from Sweden who also has to be Man U
    3) Zlatans journey I, 1 from Malmo/Ajax, Juve, Inter,, 2 of TOTW, rating 82, chem 85
    4) Zlatans journey II, 1 from Barca Milan PSG Man U, min 84, chem 80

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Feck, had bought Prem and Sweedish IFs.

No chance in getting this card for me

• Advertisement

banging-head-on-desk-214339.gif

No need for any cards I have invested in. Brilliant. Time to eject and sell up everything.

Advertisement