Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeah, those Mertens cards start @ 330k on PS :P I was thinking of Dybala in a 4222 with Gomez at CAM and Martial on the other side at ST, cos I already use him ST.

Ahh sorry mertens 85 is 250k max on pc. Try Dybala you may like him I just didn't you can always sell him on again his price will rise back up after toty is over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

He wants to sell alves TOTY. Should he? He is selling for around 500,000 at the moment. Should he wait? Should he keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh sorry mertens 85 is 250k max on pc. Try Dybala you may like him I just didn't you can always sell him on again his price will rise back up after toty is over
    Yeah, think I might pick him up tomorrow/Sunday when his price hits 150k again. Going to get Kante+Smalling as well, since I can never get past them in WL.
    Stab*City wrote: »
    He wants to sell alves TOTY. Should he? He is selling for around 500,000 at the moment. Should he wait? Should he keep?
    I'd sell. TOTY prices excluding the top 3 are dropping. Can always rebuy Sunday/Monday at a lower price again if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Alves is pretty crap, sell sell sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

v3ttel wrote: »
    Al Soma, Ruffier, Thiago (in fairness, he might be decent but I've zero interest and no Bundesliga players), Gayle, Fernandes (looks good, but he's in the Russian league) and the rest were 81s. It really wasn't worth the grind. I ended up with Elite 2, so I was hoping I'd have a bit better luck than with Elite 3.

I finished my 9th online season, went 7-0-1 in D2. I think I'm going to try focus on winning D1. I might restart FUT champs in February or March.

Trust me, Al Soma is a beast! He's an awesome super sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't win a game right now, 1-4 in the WL. Player switching is mental in this game, I'll be running onto a pass and it'll switch to a different player for a brief moment and then back, just long enough for my player to stop running for the ball.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only took 200 bronze packs or so, but finally packed a bronze IF :P

Sold instantly for 7500 coins.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Only took 200 bronze packs or so, but finally packed a bronze IF :P

Sold instantly for 7500 coins.

Is bronze pack method working for you? I was doing it ages ago, but my transfer list eventually got clogged up with so many rare contracts/fitness cards that I stopped

Is bronze pack method working for you? I was doing it ages ago, but my transfer list eventually got clogged up with so many rare contracts/fitness cards that I stopped

Like...I'm not trying to make any real coins out of it. I break even with the majority of packs.

Really, what I'm trying to do is nab as many bronze players for the league SBCs as I can. Any bronze players that aren't in a league SBC go through the upgrade to silvers, any silvers that are needed are saved and any that aren't go through the upgrade process again. Rinse and repeat. While I've not nessecarily made coins into the bank, I have managed to pack some good players that way; Lacazette (35k), IF Lozano (15k) and one or two silver cards for SBCs that would have set me back 10k+. So thats savings.

I sell any English player from English leagues, single fitness cards and there's a few of the injury cards worth a few coins. And the squad fitness cards too. I tend not to go for max profit, but rather for the quick sell (e.g. bronze squad fitness cards insta-sell for 900 coins right now). I quicksell contracts tbh; they don't sell and I have a few hundred for personal use now.

Its more for fun and killing some time, and shaving some coins off the SBCs right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Can't win a game right now, 1-4 in the WL. Player switching is mental in this game, I'll be running onto a pass and it'll switch to a different player for a brief moment and then back, just long enough for my player to stop running for the ball.

I'm the same. Worst run in a while. Had to force myself to stop playing for a while. I was playing a guy whose style of play I'd normally beat easily enough, but I had no belief in my team after losing 3 in a row and ended up losing that 2-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'm the same. Worst run in a while. Had to force myself to stop playing for a while. I was playing a guy whose style of play I'd normally beat easily enough, but I had no belief in my team after losing 3 in a row and ended up losing that 2-0.

I switched formations, went from 4-3-3 (4) to 4-3-2-1 and it's making a huge difference to me, my wingers are back scoring goals for fun, only thing is I had to drop Ben arfa for Pastore to keep my midfield strong.
    I'm doing a tradable totw sbc and hopefully get a good player. Kane is definitely in next weeks totw after his hat trick today and I've gotten him twice in sbc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fifa defending always reminds me of this movie

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_39_24_PM.pngupload image online

Huh, had an elite bronze pack there? Reckon it must have been a monthly reward for the one weekend I did. Got some weird bronze guy, but guess it's cool to have a red card....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Huh, had an elite bronze pack there? Reckon it must have been a monthly reward for the one weekend I did. Got some weird bronze guy, but guess it's cool to have a red card....

Yeah, that's your monthly reward. The thing that sucks is that those red IF cards don't even count as IFs for SBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

I couldn't resist those 125k packs :( Opened 3 with my coins... lloris and IF Aspas the only guys more than 10k. I used the rares to do some 81+ packs. Had 10, best was coutinho and sturridge. Have 11 TOTW packs loaded up for next week if it's a good totw. I hope they will make back the losses on the 125k packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Benrobjohn

I have 500k to improve my bpl team. Any suggestions? 3-5-2 Courtouis smalling bailey matic, kante matic shaquri walcott, courtinho firminio musa. Any help be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Adam1100 wrote: »
    I couldn't resist those 125k packs :( Opened 3 with my coins... lloris and IF Aspas the only guys more than 10k. I used the rares to do some 81+ packs. Had 10, best was coutinho and sturridge. Have 11 TOTW packs loaded up for next week if it's a good totw. I hope they will make back the losses on the 125k packs.

Between me and four other guys I know we spent around 3-4 millions coins on packs in last few days. 7.5k to 100k and I got deGea and Higuain ( regular, just before toty) in 7.5 packs. Otamendi, Smalling and few other players were amongst the most expensive once that we packed, IF Trippier and Szczesny and nothing else really... What were we thinking ???

Lesson learned. One guy sold up both his teams to have a bit of fun with packs. Didn't work. And there was no fun...

I got rid of my pl team, but was going to do it anyway so no harm done.

The funny part is that none of us never packed Messi or the likes, so what made us think it will happen this week. Madness :)

Can't play FIFA at all during the night. Once it hits 10.30-11ish, the wifi on PS4 goes to ****e. Gives me the speed-up lag thing or just doesn't connect to the internet at all/disconnects randomly. Only managed 10 games of WL, in Bronze 1 at the moment....will try and push into silver 1 or 2 if I can tomorrow.

Playing a game just there where I was 1-0 up in the 85th minute and my controller battery goes dead. Some serious slapstick scrambling around for the usb lead and trying to plug it in as the opponent is passing it around outside the box. Managed to clear the ball and hold on to a huge sigh of relief.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Playing a game just there where I was 1-0 up in the 85th minute and my controller battery goes dead. Some serious slapstick scrambling around for the usb lead and trying to plug it in as the opponent is passing it around outside the box. Managed to clear the ball and hold on to a huge sigh of relief.

Exactly the same thing just happened me.

I'm playing D1 and finding it as challenging as FUT champs. I need to not lose my last 2 games to hold. I'm having the usual problems, my opponents keeper makes save after save from clear cut chances but if my opponent hasn't had any chances, as soon as he does get half a chance, it will almost certainly go in. I must keep track of what percentage of games my opponent scores with his first meaningful attack late in the game.

My finishing really sucks.

How to people do the low driven shot? I read that you tap O after you've powered up your shot but if I try to double tap, I end up taking a powder puff shot that the keeper saves almost every time.

How to people do the low driven shot? I read that you tap O after you've powered up your shot but if I try to double tap, I end up taking a powder puff shot that the keeper saves almost every time.

If your inside the box it's more like a double tap you dont need to power up if you want a small bit of extra power just hold it a small fraction on first tap but that's rarely needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I was lucky enough to get TOTY Sergio Ramos in a pack last night. I sold him for just over a cool million. I already have a pretty decent BPL team and am looking to upgrade obviously.
    Am I crazy spending the coins in Pogba?? I'm a big United fan so I'm just drawn to him but it seems like crazy money? Thanks.

There was a trick last year where you could do a "ground shot" by just putting very little power in the shot and when the keeper rushed out, it would just go under him.

This year you need to power up the shot as you normally would and then tap O again. If you under power it, it will be really weak. It sounds like what's happening to you. The problem I have is that I always think of "driven finish" the same as the "weak ground shot" from last year, and end up under powering it and it ends up as powder puff.

It's really effective inside the box when you aim for the far corner and when you don't under power it though.

I'm done. 25 shots on goal against a guy who had 2 men sent off. I lost on penalties as his keeper saved every single one, the same as the rest of the game.

I heard the guy that tops the monthly leaderboards on PS talking about momentum when someone gets a man sent off. I thought it was bullsh*t until this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm done. 25 shots on goal against a guy who had 2 men sent off. I lost on penalties as his keeper saved every single one, the same as the rest of the game.

I heard the guy that tops the monthly leaderboards on PS talking about momentum when someone gets a man sent off. I thought it was bullsh*t until this.
    Last game I played where the opponent had a player sent off. It was his CB who conceded the penalty and got a red I scored the pen dominated the game, he equalised early in 2nd half. In added time and from my umpteenth corner he broke and scored the winner ......grrrrrr

Enjoying Dybala so far, but 4222 isn't working out for me. Might switch back to 41212-2 or 4321. Will probably end up playing Walker, Sandro and IF Gomez off chem in 4321, but it worked quite well when I switched to that formation IG with Gomez RF.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Guys, is there any chance of there being an Argentinian league SBC - I've been afraid to let any of the ones I have go just in case?

• Advertisement

Was on course for my worst WL ever but changed the custom tactics and have won 7 in a row to set me up for the usual Gold 2 finish. Ibrahimovic has 20 in 20 too so he's working.

Advertisement