Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Had one game left to get into gold 1... he had an average team but brought on toty pique at CM in the first min. Hammered his goal the whole game , his keylor navas made 12 saves. 86th minute he shoots with pique from 30 yards, goes top corner. He had 2 shots all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Adam1100 wrote: »
    Had one game left to get into gold 1... he had an average team but brought on toty pique at CM in the first min. Hammered his goal the whole game , his keylor navas made 12 saves. 86th minute he shoots with pique from 30 yards, goes top corner. He had 2 shots all game.

How did you know it was TOTY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

When you make a sub on it shows your card most of the time dont it? At least it does on the pc.. Sometimes it just displays the box in top left corner when I fast forward threw subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just got relegated from D1. The first time I've ever been relegated in any FIFA.

Just needed a point from my last game. 13 shots to 6. Hit the post 4 times. Missed 2 one on ones. The score? 0-3 to him.

Not sure where I go from here......everything that can possible go wrong seems to go wrong in every game I've played today. I've had a terrible run of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

v3ttel wrote: »
    Just got relegated from D1. The first time I've ever been relegated in any FIFA.

Just needed a point from my last game. 13 shots to 6. Hit the post 4 times. Missed 2 one on ones. The score? 0-3 to him.

Not sure where I go from here......

I'm nearly sure it's division 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Getting really sick of this sight.

rsz_fut1.jpg
    rsz_fut3.jpg
    rsz_fut2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Didn't have much time this weekend with work + internet issues. Still managed to get to silver 2 and left it at that. 11 wins, 9 losses - 2 of which were disconnects because of my internet. Not bad. Dybala and IF Gomez are top class, might just go Serie A instead with those two up top. Also came up against TOTY Ramos...he got sent off in the 70th min, and I ended up winning 4-3 after he had another player sent off in ET :pac:

I had suspicions when he was trying to take long shots with him, but when he scored it popped up the card at the bottom after his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭brady23

I can't believe some of the price drops, I picked up Ben Arfa today for 14k, I remember he was getting almost 40k a while ago.
    Gone back to 433 (4) after trying some 4222 and 4321 for a while but I still think I'm worse than ever.
    I need to get lucky in a pack soon otherwise I'll never afford any major upgrade on because I have zero interest in trading.
    I will pick up IF Ben Yedder though I'm thinking he'd be a quality CAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What is it with bad losers?

I was 2-0 down with 20 to go and got back to 2-2. Last kick of the ball I hoofed it forward and managed to get a header onto it from Sturrige and into the back of the net.

I then get a message that I have been reported to Xbox high command (or whatever). Then got a PM from the fool saying that I had cheated him out of the win. He dropped his controller when I hoofed it upfield and that it wasn't fair I scored etc etc.

Hehehehe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

Hey guys i went from nearly winning div 1 to getting relegated to div 4 now struggling to stay in div 3 lol. Won three games in a row to stay in div 3 switched it off for a break, went back on
    came up against ridiculous quality teams like 92 ibra, obviously he was scoring as he always does against me! Then the next game was blue Messi & Ronny. if team worth about 30 million plus !! I just switched it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Dude89 wrote: »
    Hey guys i went from nearly winning div 1 to getting relegated to div 4 now struggling to stay in div 3 lol. Won three games in a row to stay in div 3 switched it off for a break, went back on
    came up against ridiculous quality teams like 92 ibra, obviously he was scoring as he always does against me! Then the next game was blue Messi & Ronny. if team worth about 30 million plus !! I just switched it off
    Doesn't necessarily mean they are any good. I had 4 legends in my team at one stage and failed to win any of the games they played for me !

Only played a few games at the weekend. Having only won 3 games out my last 26 :eek: :( I had 3 games left and needed 5 points to avoid relegation from Div 5. I changed to 4312 and lo and behold I won the next two games to stay up with a game to spare, my final game being against a lad who had an unbelievable team, blue TOTY and IFs all over the place.

My IF 87 Eriksen is just brilliant. Playing at CAM He is the best scorer in my Premiership team. One of the games I won 1-0 thanks to one of his beautiful free kicks, he is just deadly with them !

#iamsocrapitsunbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dude89

Well done for preserving Berty44 it's hard going alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

For those who have not seen it yet there is an update coming which is covers ( among other things ):

In FIFA Ultimate team:
    • Displaying correct kit on the player in the kit select screen ( only seen this the odd time ).
    • Players will no longer be able to set custom player positions in Team Management during gameplay ( only recently discovered this :rolleyes: )
    • An issue in Squad Building Challenges where switching a higher rated player with a lower rated player resulted in the overall squad rating going up :eek:
    • Removed Est. Date, Crest and Squad Name from the FUT Champions matchup screen (:pac: yay for FUT Founders like myself who waste half the night with people quitting out mistakenly thinking I am actually good :cool: )
    • Changed the latency bar graphic to give more detail on connection quality ( sounds great, it gives 5 bars now rather than just 3)
    Addressed the following in gameplay:
    • Adjusted the defensive line position for low pressure tactics ( not sure what this means )
    • Addressed an issue where a pass was made without a button press.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Finished 26-14 in the weekend league for Gold 1, a slight improvement on last weeks 24-16 which was my first real attempt.

Had essentially the same two teams as last week - both are Calcio A, 4321.
    One is my top team with Higuain, Barzagli, SBC Insigne, Pjanic and the other one is a bit weaker - Manolas, Florenzi, Allan, Parolo, the 2nd tier players but I do have TIF Icardi up top.
    Played about 20 games with each and think only 5 losses came from my weaker team

I was properly outclassed in about 4 or 5 games and got hammered. Some of the other games were close, Park the Bus stuff I couldn't break down.

Can anyone recommend Calcio A players they find good? Does anyone use SIF Brozovic, IF Perisic or Dybala?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Only took them 5 months to fix the kit bug. Useless shower.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure its 100% fixed. Had a game there where on the jersey selection screen, my player was wearing the top from my home jersey and the bottoms from the away one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bought 88 rated Erikson this morning for 199k so said id list my old one for the Craic to see if he would sell for the average price of 88 card
    Screenshot_20170116_162155.pngimage hosting site no sign up felt a little guilty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Followed TSC's advice/tactic and spent 15k on bronze 400 coin packs - picked up about 9 or so players for SBC's and made back 12k with selling fitness cards, duplicates that were worth 1/2k, etc, and I still have a pile of players to do the upgrading with - the method works guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did the untradable totw squad builder the other day and got SIF Eriksson

Shame i dont like my prem players but will have to use him somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Any idea when the next league sbcs will be coming on stream. Hopefully they will contain one of the big leagues

seamie78 wrote: »
    Any idea when the next league sbcs will be coming on stream. Hopefully they will contain one of the big leagues

Rumours on FIFA forums that it'll be the Italian league. I haven't really invested, just have the odd few in my club that I'll hold onto.

Followed TSC's advice/tactic and spent 15k on bronze 400 coin packs - picked up about 9 or so players for SBC's and made back 12k with selling fitness cards, duplicates that were worth 1/2k, etc, and I still have a pile of players to do the upgrading with - the method works guys!

:D
    It won't make you rich, but its fun. I've lost a lot of motivation to keep trading but the bronze pack method keeps me entertained.
    Rumours on FIFA forums that it'll be the Italian league. I haven't really invested, just have the odd few in my club that I'll hold onto.

Hope so. I've got the Italian league ready to fire, and am running an Italian league team so could use the reward.

Speaking of, new SBC for Xbox players.

Legend Petit Loaned

Rewards
    Prime Gold Players Pack
    Loan Legend Petit for 20 matches

Requirements

Petit's clubs
    Reward
    Premium Gold Pack
    Requirements
    As Monaco players: min 1.
    Arsenal player: min 1.
    FC Barcelona players: min 1.
    Chelsea players: min 1.
    Overall rating: min 80.

1998 Final Hybrid
    Reward
    Premium Gold Pack
    Requirements
    France + Brazil players: Exactly 11.
    Players from same nation: Max 6.
    Overall ratings: min 80.
    Minimum Chemistry: 90.

Might hop on the bronze pack method again...spent most of my coins on a new squad, only 14k left. Nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Bought Ben Yedder as an investment. He's already up 10K since the TOTY stuff ended. I'd say he'll go up a good bit over the next few weeks. 50K for a player that has the same stats as Griezmann is too cheap. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the arse.

On the league SBC thing, Higuain was top scorer in Serie A last season which seems to be the pattern with these league SBCs. Will they really give him another new card? He already has 5 and surely there's a TOTS card to come.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Bought Ben Yedder as an investment. He's already up 10K since the TOTY stuff ended. I'd say he'll go up a good bit over the next few weeks. 50K for a player that has the same stats as Griezmann is too cheap. Hopefully it doesn't bite me in the arse.

On the league SBC thing, Higuain was top scorer in Serie A last season which seems to be the pattern with these league SBCs. Will they really give him another new card? He already has 5 and surely there's a TOTS card to come.

Was supposed to invest in IF Ben Yedder, IF Schmeichel and IF Giroud, but wanted to build a squad instead :P reckon those 3 cards will rise over the next few weeks. Also a good time to start investing in potential IF upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Who'd want IF Giroud? Good player and all but 66 pace makes him practically invisible to 99% of players.

Mahrez got a MOTM card that looks pretty sweet.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Who'd want IF Giroud? Good player and all but 66 pace makes him practically invisible to 99% of players.

Mahrez got a MOTM card that looks pretty sweet.

I picked him up as he might be needed for a POTM SBC sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

J. Marston wrote: »
    I opened my tradeable IF pack by mistake and got him :mad:
    22K is all I got for the prick

Advertisement