Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I loved Giroud early on in the game. Be very tempted to try him out if he's cheap.

Might also keep an eye on him for investments...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Any tips for starting up how to build a good team, get coins and get into the weekend leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

markc91 wrote: »
    Any tips for starting up how to build a good team, get coins and get into the weekend leagues

Whats your budget?

v3ttel wrote: »
    Whats your budget?

About 2k atm

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Hybrid league and nations SBC is back. Need to complete the basic one to get access to the harder ones. Loyalty required on World Class and Ultimate. They really do wreck my head though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Anyone got any cheap squads that work for the new SBC's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Lads do any of you have any issues with unresponsive gameplay?

I've been playing FUT since Fifa 15 and every year I have the same issue: Poor connection and terrible gameplay, always get the following when it's bad:

Players not making runs
    Players running over each other and falling
    Players not controlling a pass ( The outstretched leg animation )
    Players not passing/shooting when I press the relevant button.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are so many problems I don't know where to start!!

I'm using this team at the minute, and I'd be better off using bronze payers:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1226290

I just got relegated from Div 1. I couldn't even string two passes together. Big difference from yesterday ( When the gameplay was fine) when I won Div 2 with consecutive wins.

I have a 100mb line, and a wired connection to my ps4, but times it plays like I'm on dial up.

I'm lost for ideas, I just can't seem to get a fair crack at the game due to the input delay and lag.

Any ideas?

About 2k atm

Use the catalog coin boosts to start you off. There's a load of redeemable items in the catalog that you can sell or discard to get some coins. Use your loan players at the start to see what you can scrap together.

Not sure what league you want to go for, but if you go for the BPL there a heaps of overpowered players that go for little or nothing (Rashford, Musa, Van Aanholt, Butland, Lanzini, Sane, Mane,). It's probably a good place to start in that you'll at least have a semi competitive team for 20K. When you get enough coins, I'd say building a second team is a good idea (say a cheap Serie A or Bundesliga team), which means you don't need fitness cards.

You could try to play a few single player seasons to get some easy rewards. Then playing through online seasons to get some decent rewards from division 10->6 is probably a good idea to generate some coins.

The daily tournaments can be difficult to win and mostly not a lot of reward apart from the weekend league qualification.

Some lads here use the bronze pack method, which is basically buying a bronze pack with your coins and selling the items you get. It's a very slow way unless you get lucky in a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Anyone got any cheap squads that work for the new SBC's?

This Is the one I'm going to use for legendary. I have to do the loyalty glitch though. I think it cost between 15-20k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Anyone know if you do the loyalty glitch, does it affect DNF and your record?

• Advertisement

That weekend league is impossible to qualify for

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just disconnect from the internet in settings, make sure you got the dc, and then go back into fut and the player will have played the game but it won't affect dnf or your record

While since I did it but I'd imagine it still works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I have only ever qualified for it threw regular seasons mode I find the tournaments a pain and impossible but reaching division 1 or holding is mansgeable in comparison.

Just disconnect from the internet in settings, make sure you got the dc, and then go back into fut and the player will have played the game but it won't affect dnf or your record

While since I did it but I'd imagine it still works

Yep it does indeed I did it last night for the world class sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Its tough. I have managed to qualify for it twice. However both times was when you needed silver teams to qualify and I do have great German silvers. Tried last night in the 3.5 criteria and in my 5 games I was only actually beaten once, 2 wins but my two draws I ended up losing on penalties.

When there are no qualifying criteria I just never get near it. In 50 tries I probably got to the final once ! I am currently in Div 5.

After my terrible run I changed to 4312 and it does seem to suit my style better. In my last 10 games my recent record is 6W 2D 2L and coming from 3 wins in my previous 26 ( although bot draws ended up in penalty losses ).

Also trying to do some more skills on the ball arising from v3ttels great tips above and have scored a couple of beautiful goals I would not have previously scored as I would not have been trying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Adam1100 wrote: »
    This Is the one I'm going to use for legendary. I have to do the loyalty glitch though. I think it cost between 15-20k.

Any idea how to do the world class one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hay lads, when do ye reckon Ibra will go back down in price? He is currently 700k :(

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hay lads, when do ye reckon Ibra will go back down in price? He is currently 700k :(
    When the POTM expires in 8 days he should start dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Guys what forums do ye use for further info? I'm trying to find out if the Argentine league will come up as a league SBC but I keep seeing differing opinions and I'm still clueless?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

WL qualification is burning a hole in my soul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Guys what forums do ye use for further info? I'm trying to find out if the Argentine league will come up as a league SBC but I keep seeing differing opinions and I'm still clueless?

You aren't going to find anyone who is going to know to be honest. The league SBCs are random so your guess is as good as anyones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Berty44 wrote: »
    When the POTM expires in 8 days he should start dropping

Jaysus wish it had expired by now.

Probably be 2 weeks or so before he is affordable

Calling Jayo.....the new patch is out on pc for a couple of days? From what I have read so far it seems to make it easier against PTBusers. Is this the case? Finally having 70% possession and 15 shots to one might be easier to win !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Explain please! :)

I give up they took the fairness away by letting players buy there way into the game, I was ranked highly in ireland a few years ago but now I can't get near anyone on ultimate team

Berty44 wrote: »
    Calling Jayo.....the new patch is out on pc for a couple of days? From what I have read so far it seems to make it easier against PTBusers. Is this the case? Finally having 70% possession and 15 shots to one might be easier to win !

I haven't played it much mate I'm already qualified for weekend league so just doing a few sbc I'll give it a go tonight.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Explain please! :)

So when your doing the sbc challenges you have a team of players you bought but they may only be on 9 chemistry or lower until they have played ten games and some challenges require a certain amount of chemistry that can only be meet if the players are all after gaining loyalty.

One way around it is to start a game in single player mode such as the team of the week challenge and then when the game kicks off you exit the actual fifa 17 app/game without quitting the match and when you sign back in your players will have played one match but your win to loss ratio will not have altered you repeat this 10 times and your players will have one extra chemistry point for loyalty.

wong wrote: »
    WL qualification is burning a hole in my soul.

Qualifying is difficult, but stick at it.

Not sure if what division you are in, but if you run out of attempts in the tournaments, then try to qualify through Online Seasons (get promoted to D1 or hold D1). Getting 6 wins out of 10 in D2 is much easier than winning 4 out of 4 because you can have lads in the daily tournament that get elite in the weekend league, just playing the tournament again for the laugh because there might be a free pack.

The weekend league itself can be a pain in the hole at times, but at the rewards are decent especially if you are aiming for Gold 3 for above.

jayo26 wrote: »
    So when your doing the sbc challenges you have a team of players you bought but they may only be on 9 chemistry or lower until they have played ten games and some challenges require a certain amount of chemistry that can only be meet if the players are all after gaining loyalty.

One way around it is to start a game in single player mode such as the team of the week challenge and then when the game kicks off you exit the actual fifa 17 app/game without quitting the match and when you sign back in your players will have played one match but your win to loss ratio will not have altered you repeat this 10 times and your players will have one extra chemistry point for loyalty.

To add to this (correct me if I'm wrong), players pulled from packs already have loyalty, right?

• Advertisement

According to peeps on Reddit, the bronze pack method is working well today because the random bronzes are being used in the new SBCs. Just to those doing it. Check every price of every player ;)

Advertisement