Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Decided to spend 15e on the 25k packs - got IF Kane!

Now just wait for this glitch to be fixed and I'll test him out online

Just one word though, checked his price and he is going for around 210k - that would surely go higher after next week once he's unavailable?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not tried IF Defoe yet, but the few times I've played against him, he's torn me apart :(

I like SIF Costa. His play style won't suit everybody but works for me. Always wins headers at corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

IF Defoe complete with Hunter card is currently being unveiled at a press conference. He will hopfully make his debut later this evening !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Berty44 wrote: »
    IF Defoe complete with Hunter card is currently being unveiled at a press conference. He will hopfully make his debut later this evening !

Hope you have him tied down to a high number of contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Finally qualified for the weekend league.

All it took was a change of formation and changing the pressure from default down to 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Decided to spend 15e on the 25k packs - got IF Kane!

Now just wait for this glitch to be fixed and I'll test him out online

Just one word though, checked his price and he is going for around 210k - that would surely go higher after next week once he's unavailable?

Have the 87 rated IF Kane, absolute quality for me in a 4321. Lacking in pace but his free kicks, finishing and assisting is class. Walcott + Ox on either side of him and he's unstoppable.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hope you have him tied down to a high number of contracts.

He might get one of my 99s ! So far so good. His 2nd game in he absolutely powered in a header from a corner to put me 3-0 up after 33 minutes in the WL qualifier semi final. which resulted in a rage quit. Lukaku never came close to doing that from the same corner. Sadly though yet another extra time defeat in the final with my Italians and so so have still failed to qualify with a gold team.

Well done Rossi ! We must have a chat to compare tactics when you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People are actually trying to price fix Ryan Mason, have to guess it's because of his head injury.

So grim.

J. Marston wrote: »
    People are actually trying to price fix Ryan Mason, have to guess it's because of his head injury.

So grim.

Happens all the time pal unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I just don't understand it all. He'll be back and good on him!

• Advertisement

So grim.

It's this part of the game that makes me sick, and why gamers in general are written off as arseholes by some non-gamers

For PS guys from the FIFA Forums in case you do not visit there a post:

Once you load up FIFA do not go back to the PS4 dashboard and it will prevent you from being affected by the glitch, multiple people tested and confirmed it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just splashed the cash on IF Boneventura for the weekend league. Seems to be a popular choice.

Have a 20 game Petit aswell so my 2 teams are looking good. I usually rotate between my 2 teams every 2 games.

Now this weeks job is to nail down my 2nd prem striker. Have Aguero as LS, have tried Costa, Vardy, Welbeck, Martial and Rashford. Going to try Sturridge and if he dosnt work then its back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Anyone having an issue submitting SBCs on the companion app? Getting "an error occured" when I try submit despite the team being perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

wong wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue submitting SBCs on the companion app? Getting "an error occured" when I try submit despite the team being perfect.

Same here, only on the Villarreal/Valencia SBC. The last one I need to complete the 4 of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

wong wrote: »

I had this the other night and figured it out.

The issue is the companion app is using the now-outdated method of calculating team ratings. I noticed the other night I had 4/4 conditions met for a team, but it wouldn't let me submit. When i went on the console, it came up 3/4 and said the rating was 1 point lower than what the app was saying.

Sometimes juggling a player or two round in the team fixes it, but you're probably going to have to add one more ever so slightly higher rated player into the team somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

The issue is the companion app is using the now-outdated method of calculating team ratings. I noticed the other night I had 4/4 conditions met for a team, but it wouldn't let me submit. When i went on the console, it came up 3/4 and said the rating was 1 point lower than what the app was saying.

Sometimes juggling a player or two round in the team fixes it, but you're probably going to have to add one more ever so slightly higher rated player into the team somewhere.

Worked for me now.... you sir are a genius

Typical EA, as if it would be so much work to update the app versions at the same time they update console versions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

can you change formations while doing the sbc's on the companion app?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

markc91 wrote: »
    can you change formations while doing the sbc's on the companion app?

Nope, formations are set, since thats part of the challenge sometimes.

• Advertisement

Ahh cheers man. Typical EA

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Nope, formations are set, since thats part of the challenge sometimes.

pity..otherwise I'd have 5 goalkeepers and 6 strikers..

Blazer wrote: »
    pity..otherwise I'd have 5 goalkeepers and 6 strikers..

you can usually add in goalkeepers to other positions as long as the chem requirement isnt 100.

I always like a good read on the FIFA forums, there really are some idiots out there. There were all genuine although its actually difficult to comprehend that they are:

1. The guys who was beating a silver team with his great gold team 4-1 at HT and the silver team came back and beat him 5-4. He rang EA support to complain and ask how this could occur. At least the lad the other end saw how much of a twit he was dealing ( I presume ) with and he told him it was a game bug where silver teams could make comebacks in the 2nd half and he should post about it on the forums, which he duly did.

2. The lad who wanted compensation from EA because his SBC Can was crap.

3. The lad who bought up all the normal versions of a player in the mistaken belief that when the winter upgrade occurred the versions of the player he had would be upgraded......in fairness I could see this happening a newbie.

4. The lad who had a big rant about the fact that on pc there were generic boots only. he was quite upset about it !

So grim.

Looked into this today and his price went from 400-500 coin bracket to 4-6k bracket, shameful behaviour

Not to mention the attempted price fixing for Chapecoense badges and kits after the plane crash

However, the Ryan Mason thing has been picked up by some news outlets so maybe something will done about it, highly doubtful though - EA probably couldn't gave a f*ck

I always like a good read on the FIFA forums, there really are some idiots out there. There were all genuine although its actually difficult to comprehend that they are:

1. The guys who was beating a silver team with his great gold team 4-1 at HT and the silver team came back and beat him 5-4. He rang EA support to complain and ask how this could occur. At least the lad the other end saw how much of a twit he was dealing ( I presume ) with and he told him it was a game bug where silver teams could make comebacks in the 2nd half and he should post about it on the forums, which he duly did.

2. The lad who wanted compensation from EA because his SBC Can was crap.

3. The lad who bought up all the normal versions of a player in the mistaken belief that when the winter upgrade occurred the versions of the player he had would be upgraded......in fairness I could see this happening a newbie.

4. The lad who had a big rant about the fact that on pc there were generic boots only. he was quite upset about it !

You forgot to mention the guys that what free packs because the sun didn't shine today.

Looked into this today and his price went from 400-500 coin bracket to 4-6k bracket, shameful behaviour

Not to mention the attempted price fixing for Chapecoense badges and kits after the plane crash

However, the Ryan Mason thing has been picked up by some news outlets so maybe something will done about it, highly doubtful though - EA probably couldn't gave a f*ck

I dont see what they expect ea to do about it? It's a human greed thing that goes on in all aspects of life it was same for the capecoence jerseys and when junior died in car crash last year.

In the Ryan Mason case why would someone even want to buy him On Xbox now there are pages of him, many at mad prices But nobody wants him hence the 15 pages of him. Some people are daft in what they try and price fix. Another gang of merchants have price fixed the CAM to CF card ( was 500ish now over 1,000 ) . That all very well but there are few few formations which use a CF and if you want to buy a CF you could probably find the converted player on the market for much the same as he CAM cost.Result nearly 400 cards on the market. Might take a few days for these guys to figure out that to price fix something you need something called demand. Right now I am making 400 coins a go on a player who has been newly transferred into to a league buying for 400 selling for 800+, not a huge amount but easy 5-10k per day.......supply and demand !

In the Ryan Mason case why would someone even want to buy him On Xbox now there are pages of him, many at mad prices But nobody wants him hence the 15 pages of him. Some people are daft in what they try and price fix. Another gang of merchants have price fixed the CAM to CF card ( was 500ish now over 1,000 ) . That all very well but there are few few formations which use a CF and if you want to buy a CF you could probably find the converted player on the market for much the same as he CAM cost.Result nearly 400 cards on the market. Might take a few days for these guys to figure out that to price fix something you need something called demand. Right now I am making 400 coins a go on a player who has been newly transferred into to a league buying for 400 selling for 800+, not a huge amount but easy 5-10k per day.......supply and demand !

You be surprised with that cf card it would be ideal with someone with 88 erickson and turn him into a striker or cf but eitherway all it takes is a few people every hour to want a position change card and not look at prices and you make money. Same as informs people buying the 87 erickson off me for price of 88 erickson it made me over 100k in one transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I've started buying up every Bundesliga team in the hopes of a league SBC. I know Bundes isn't the expected one but it's around 100k that I'm happy enough to have held up for a while. I'm buying the cheapest version of every team so hopefully if it does release it won't need players like Reus and Aubameyang. The other league SBCs haven't asked for the most expensive players anyway.

Advertisement