Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

jayo26 wrote: »
    You be surprised with that cf card it would be ideal with someone with 88 erickson and turn him into a striker or cf but eitherway all it takes is a few people every hour to want a position change card and not look at prices and you make money. Same as informs people buying the 87 erickson off me for price of 88 erickson it made me over 100k in one transaction.
    I remember your joy at that !!

The thing about the CAM to CF card is that I think that there is very small demand for that. The list iof cards for sale is growing and I have been able to buy cards for 900 consistently since they price bumped. Also I have noticed that they have reduced the price a few times, they started off at a BIN of 1400, now reduced to 1100. I had been buying them to put on a player. My costs have gone from 900 to 1300 but I have been able to increase my selling price from 3000 to 3500 so all good, just thinking of my consumers !!! Anyway time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

Berty44 wrote: »
    I remember your joy at that !!

The thing about the CAM to CF card is that I think that there is very small demand for that............. they started off at a BIN of 1400, now reduced to 1100

And the price continues to fall. Now loads of BINs at 800 as the economics lesson hit home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

That MOTM Sow looks insane. Bad league but his ingame stats are out of control. Think his worst attacking stat is long passing at 70 something. Too bad he's extinct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Adam1100 wrote: »
    That MOTM Sow looks insane. Bad league but his ingame stats are out of control. Think his worst attacking stat is long passing at 70 something. Too bad he's extinct.

He'll probably get an IF if EA do a TOTT

MOTM ST Podolski released too :o

Wondering does any here "bronze bench". Here are my last 5 games:

WL Qualy: 6-0 ( bronze benched )
    WL Qualy: 0-1
    WL Qualy: 0-2
    WL Qualy: 1-3
    Division 5: 4-0 ( bronze benched )

Just coincidence or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

A lot of the pros do it but I really never found any difference to be honest I have tried it and apart from the odd result I've never noticed a difference and I've beaten opponents doing it too so I wouldn't be a subscriber to the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You would need a bigger sample size, probably around 15 matches of with and 15 without. You would also need to ensure there are no other variables, such as squad fitness.

Personally I've tried it and found it a bit hit and miss. I usually find the reason I lose the W/L semi-final or final (which I am now consistently getting to) is because I'm simply not getting enough practice in.
    I've settled on the correct team to get me that far but then frequently lose on penalties!!

I am going to try it in the weekend qualifying tonight / tomorrow with the Serie A/ Ligue 1 / Italian / French criteria and use squad fitness cards.

The two games I played I felt I was up against weaker opponents but my players did seem to "feel" better and make great runs. The 3 games I lost, only one of them was my opponent better, one was pretty even and the 1-0 loss I battered him only for him to get a goal on one of his rare attacks.

I do remember 2 years ago I had a full IF Serie A upgraded everyone and was in Division 2. I did not win one game with the IF team and was relegated to Div 3 and then had 3 games left to save my season having got 1 point out of 10 games. I went back to regular version players with a bronze bench, saved my Div 3 status, won the next 3 games and got promoted to Div 2 the next season. The only provisio on that is that there was an issue with IF that year.

As Jayo says a lot of the Pros use it so you have to ask the question why? If I finally qualify for the Weekend League with a gold team I think I will have an answer !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

OK Experts, what is bronze benching?

Could one of ye possibly do a "Fifa Guide for Dummies" because it might do very well in Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I think it depends on the player more then anything. Could also be a mental thing. I qualified for the weekend league last night but In the semis I played a guy with a full bronze team. I whooped him 7-0. But a few years ago on FIFA 13 my mate made a full silgo rovers team. I played a game with them in division 1 and came up against the full tots Bundesliga side I won 5-0 and a few messages off him abusing me for it.

Edit. Bronze benching is where your subs are all bronze players to bring down the overall team rating.

• Advertisement

OK Experts, what is bronze benching?

Could one of ye possibly do a "Fifa Guide for Dummies" because it might do very well in Easons.

Its basically building your gold team up to an 86 standard or whatever but the rating is calculated including your bench so some people fill their bench with bronze players to bring the teams raring down to 81 or lower.

Reason they do this is because some people think ea match up players and opponents on the skills level and handicap the better team.

The reason why I don't believe bronze benching works and its a major thing is that I'm crap at fifa in comparison to most people I found it really hard to adapt to it this year but yet I have two teams of informs and rated at 86 and interchange with each team and I'm comfortably staying in division one now or else if I get relegated I'll easily get back up.

In weekend league since I started playing it a month ago easily making gold 2 or 1 but I really really don't think informs have disadvantaged me or playing against crap teams I've usually been beaten because the other guy is better or knows how to use the fifa sweaty tricks better then me.

I definitely think that informs are worth it this year. Certainly the Defoe / Aspas / Icardi / Eriksen IFs that you guys recommended are without doubt the best players I have used in those positions this year. The year I had all the IF's there was definitely an acknowledged problem with them but I am certain thats no longer the case..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm on a six match win streak currently. The sense of dread over my impending losing streak is killing me :pac:

Loving running a 3-4-2-1 formation at the moment, with Martial, Rashford & IF Memphis up front (and Lacazette on at 60 mins). Killing teams with it and loving it :D

iMOTM Sow's price range was 150k, then it went to 250k and now 500k. Crazy. Could've made a lot of coins.

Also LM dybala in the TOTW according to a Reddit post. He previously leaked ST hazard so somewhat reliable.

IMG_20170125_150700.jpg

was fairly obvious we would have a hero rooney card but was never expecting a left midfield Dybala card

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

thought there might be an sbc rooney and not a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Coleman with 80's in everything. Impressive.

Want that Rooney card but it'll be too expensive for me. What'll he be, about 400k?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Coleman with 80's in everything. Impressive.

Want that Rooney card but it'll be too expensive for me. What'll he be, about 400k?

Id say double that surely?

Really? I was thinking about selling Ibrahimovic to get him but I wouldn't even have enough with that if he's 800k.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really? I was thinking about selling Ibrahimovic to get him but I wouldn't even have enough with that if he's 800k.

I can't see him been too cheap because of the card that it is but I'm only guessing mate we never know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Is the rage quit glitch from last week still a problem on the PS4 ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF Dybala is now CAM instead of LW thanks to a last minute change...

Lord TSC wrote: »

I was actually gonna try get him got lw but noway would he replace my mertens.

Lord TSC wrote: »

How does that even happen? I guess they decided to look at the line up and realised he started CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Adam1100 wrote: »
    How does that even happen? I guess they decided to look at the line up and realised he started CAM.

EA regularly put CAMs at LW so maybe he just fell into the pile :p

Just this week there's Lanzini, Calhonoglu and Draxler.

Opened my last 6 TOTW packs... best was lanzini. Probably lost about 100k doing those :(

Donno how the consoles are but cheapest rooney on pc is 2 million ha.!

He's about a million on PS4.

Feck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Is the rage quit glitch from last week still a problem on the PS4 ?

Yes it is but there's a work a round that was posted from reddit. After starting FIFA never press the PS button. If you do press it restart FIFA.

Advertisement