Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I wish I had Pogba :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

wong wrote: »
    I wish I had Pogba :(

I was wishing too up until few days ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Slightly off topic but does anyone use low shots to score. Press the shoot button and build up your power. Just as he ball is released tap it again. I've only recently figured this out and it's a goal 8/10 times especially coming at the keeper from say a wide angle and aiming for the far post. It feels extremely overpowered like the finesse curler from a couple of years ago.
    Anyone else tried it ?

14murphy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but does anyone use low shots to score. Press the shoot button and build up your power. Just as he ball is released tap it again. I've only recently figured this out and it's a goal 8/10 times especially coming at the keeper from say a wide angle and aiming for the far post. It feels extremely overpowered like the finesse curler from a couple of years ago.
    Anyone else tried it ?

Yeh everyone uses it it's the driven shot as you say it's as over powered as last year's finesse shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeh everyone uses it it's the driven shot as you say it's as over powered as last year's finesse shot.

Maybe as I've only discovered it I haven't noticed teams use it to score against me. Great satisfaction seeing the ball glide under a diving keeper and bounce of the far post into the net.

• Advertisement

14murphy wrote: »
    Maybe as I've only discovered it I haven't noticed teams use it to score against me. Great satisfaction seeing the ball glide under a diving keeper and bounce of the far post into the net.

Haha it is for a while it just gets boring then especially when every team uses it against u

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

SBCs are class. The packs you get from them are often worth well more than the price of the players you put in. Look at the league based SBCs and do the ones that give you jumbo gold packs and the like.

One other thing to remember, SBCs render all cards worthwhile. That ****ty looking non rare silver left back you got from a gold pack? Could be the only LB for a club needed to complete an SBC and could be worth 5 or 6k. Check values before quick selling. Also, is quick selling really worth it when that exact team could come up in a marquee match-up SBC in the near future?

Works out for a seasoned player who's been playing or months and has a large club, but for me only on it a week and having a club with mainly bronze players from mixed leagues it's very hard to do without buying an entire squad just to get a SBC done. For example if I look at the Ajax squad builder. Jumbo Premium Gold pack is the prize, worth 15k. As I'm relatively new, and have no Ajax players it will potentially cost me the guts of 15k to do the SBC! I see your point though, great addition to keep things interesting!

Yeh definitely keep away from sbc if your only starting out your much better off trying get a decent team together.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is there anyway of getting into weekend league outside of the tourny. I keep getting matched with supped up teams that just rip me a new one. Im sound defensively so can keep it at 0-0 most of the game but can't string two passes together with the pressure.

gufc21 wrote: »
    Is there anyway of getting into weekend league outside of the tourny. I keep getting matched with supped up teams that just rip me a new one. Im sound defensively so can keep it at 0-0 most of the game but can't string two passes together with the pressure.

I've never qualified with a cup win I always hold division one or gain promotion to division 1 in seasons. Once you do it once it's easier qualify by getting gold 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Why is it that in some penalty shootouts the aiming line isn't there? Even after pushing up on the D-pad it doesn't show it's face. Just smashed a guy 1-1 there and got beat on penalties, the missing line threw me completely.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Why is it that in some penalty shootouts the aiming line isn't there? Even after pushing up on the D-pad it doesn't show it's face. Just smashed a guy 1-1 there and got beat on penalties, the missing line threw me completely.

I often wonder that too I assumed it was to do with a pressure moment or something it makes it harder if it's near the end of the game and could be a deciding peno

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

IF Jao Mario and Muriel look tasty. Will have to sell Griesman to fund them.

Mario replacing Marchisio is my starting XI

Muriel for a super sub maybe.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    IF Jao Mario and Muriel look tasty. Will have to sell Griesman to fund them.

Mario replacing Marchisio is my starting XI

Muriel for a super sub maybe.

Yeh Mario looks like he could be an overpowered type player his stamina and passing stats should be high. I don't think he will cost a great deal he will definitely be under a 100k

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Dat Toure and Son

wong wrote: »
    Dat Toure and Son

Dat pedro doe

LF Son always destroys me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Holy shít, Son. I'm selling Ibrahimovic to get him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MOTM Schweinsteiger for my United team :D He's slow but everything else looks fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

jayo26 wrote: »
    Pogba is unreal I changed my formation from 4321 to 433(4) to play him at cam he has 6 goals on 6 after I changing formation and just seems to be a tank in challenges. Put hunter card on him just love him.

Drew my last 2 games to finish another division one season on 22 points :( I really don't think I'm ever gonna win that.

Told you he's amazing at CAM! He has just over a goal and assist per game average for me in a 41212-2 :D

Listed Dybala, gonna try snipe that MOTM Son @ 300k..looks insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Opened my gold packs from WL and got in form Kovacevic and Martial. Happy enough with that, opened the next, and it was the best pack I ever got. MOTM Walcott, IF Gomis, IF Hasede and Naingolan. When I saw the red card, I couldn't believe it. When would be the best time to sell him do you guys reckon?

Gold 2 rewards, highest rated player I got was Glik. Fúcking insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

This is the most frustrating game I've played. Win 7/8 in 10 then turn around and win the odd one in 15 or so.

So much for getting Son. He's extinct on PS4.

J. Marston wrote: »
    So much for getting Son. He's extinct on PS4.

Same on pc his price range is too low. 300k for him is a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Lol oh dear. Tried the online draft for a change, got reminded why I didn't like it - got a pile of misfits that have me a max of 75 chef!

Anyways, I play a guy with an awesome bpl team, 100 chem, coloured cards awash, Pogba and Ibra to boot! He absolutely pummelled me, my 79 keeper making ridiculous saves, yet I beat him 2-1 somehow - was two nil up. I would have been fuming! Suffice to say I got beat easy next round lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Chanced buying a Silver pack and got MOTM Hefele in it!

Now to figure out what to so with him.......!!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I am guessing January POTM will be released next Friday so in the meantime im thinking its quite possible we could be looking at new league SBCs today or tomorrow hopefully one of the big leagues the question is which one. Imho I think it will the premiership as Kane would be the lowest rated card out of Lewandowski, suarez and higuain

seamie78 wrote: »
    I am guessing January POTM will be released next Friday so in the meantime im thinking its quite possible we could be looking at new league SBCs today or tomorrow hopefully one of the big leagues the question is which one. Imho I think it will the premiership as Kane would be the lowest rated card out of Lewandowski, suarez and higuain

With the MOTM they released yesterday i wouldnt be surprised if they had nothing but also the first batch of winter upgrades is possible tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

seamie78 wrote: »

I can't see them doing any of those final three.

I know that the theory so far has been last season's top scorers, but I don't think that was an offical promise, and I think they'll want to avoid cards who are already massively rated AND have multiple informs.

I wouldn't be shocked, for instance, if it was Reus, Icardi and Benzema for instance (off the top of my head; popular strikers/attackers from popular clubs who aren't already 500k a card...)

Advertisement