Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gonna play a few games today, and want to try something different. So going to try this for a few games...

7Vmlvav.gif

Basically, am hoping that people park the bus against it, cause there's going to be long shots galore :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

So jealous of legends id love to have the likes of nevile and best.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

will legends ever come to ps4

jayo26 wrote: »
    So jealous of legends id love to have the likes of nevile and best.

There's three levels of legend imo.

Cheap but not great (Neville)
    Mid-price range, but still overly expensive for their stats.
    Crazy expensive.

The middle tier....the reality is that you'll pay 400k for a player with the same stats as many 50k players. Really, the only benefit of them vs normal players is their chem links makes hybrids easier.

The top tier; in all my time playing, in the 100s of games, I have never played against Best, Pele, et al. I'm not even sure they exist outside of draft mode....

Lord TSC wrote: »

Crazy expensive.

The middle tier....the reality is that you'll pay 400k for a player with the same stats as many 50k players. Really, the only benefit of them vs normal players is their chem links makes hybrids easier.

The top tier; in all my time playing, in the 100s of games, I have never played against Best, Pele, et al. I'm not even sure they exist outside of draft mode....

I know what u mean but as you say the chemistry is a major bonus for team building it opens up so many hybrids.

Edit: do you mean best and the likes you dont even see them on the market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Crazy expensive.

I played against a guy last week with George Weah and Bergkamp up front with of other legends...and Ronaldo was a sub :)
    Finished 0-0, he hit the post about 10 times in the first half...my own team isn't too shabby but damn I want George Weah,.

IMG_0233.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

But how do folk get these players? Fair enough, trading up and getting one or two but I've came across teams with four or five legends and a smattering of in-forms too. It just seems mental to have a team value of 3 or 4 million coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Liamalone wrote: »
    But how do folk get these players? Fair enough, trading up and getting one or two but I've came across teams with four or five legends and a smattering of in-forms too. It just seems mental to have a team value of 3 or 4 million coins.

Very good question.

I purchased the game in advance to get the extra few days (3 I think) access to it on the Xbox.
    The FIRST team i played against had nearly 1 million worth of players on his team and all I had was the starter team...

I did have a Legend in FIFA16, Oliver Bierhoff, who I got in a pack. He was a deadly finisher, and I've come up against Pele and Best in the sames team. Thrashed me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

When is the best time to buy current IFs lads.

Wanting to get Joao Mario and Muriel but can only afford Mario at the moment

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    When is the best time to buy current IFs lads.

Wanting to get Joao Mario and Muriel but can only afford Mario at the moment

Id imagine Monday or so.

• Advertisement

Very good question.

I purchased the game in advance to get the extra few days (3 I think) access to it on the Xbox.
    The FIRST team i played against had nearly 1 million worth of players on his team and all I had was the starter team...

I did have a Legend in FIFA16, Oliver Bierhoff, who I got in a pack. He was a deadly finisher, and I've come up against Pele and Best in the sames team. Thrashed me

Some people likes of streamers and generally people that have too much money to waste will buy loads of credit on fifa points so when they get early access to 17 they can transfer it all over and open packs like there is no tomorrow. I'm talking like 100s of thousands in points.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Once you've established a few hundred thousand coins, it's relatively quite easy to make 50k (at the very least) an hour on trading! Providing you have that much time obviously!!

wardides wrote: »
    Once you've established a few hundred thousand coins, it's relatively quite easy to make 50k (at the very least) an hour on trading! Providing you have that much time obviously!!

I wouldnt think 50k an hour is anyway obtainable??? Most I ever achieved was about 90k a day. You may get lucky sniping players but you wouldn't be able keep that going for any length of time without been blocked to earn much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Gonna replace Kante with MOTM Schweinsteiger.

I don't know what people see in Kante. I've got him as a CM in a 4-3-3(4), he's got high defence/medium attack work-rates, I have him set to stay back while attacking and I make sure never to send him on a run but the idiot keeps bombing forward. I wouldn't mind if he was effective but he can't pass or shoot or dribble.

I know what u mean but as you say the chemistry is a major bonus for team building it opens up so many hybrids.

Edit: do you mean best and the likes you dont even see them on the market?

Nah, there's usually some on the market.

But Best is about 2m coins right now. Guillet is 3m. Pele is nearly 6m. So while you'll get super teams worth 2 or 3m in some games, people don't seem to invest THAT much into single players. Strikes me that some of those high end legends are just investments for trading for people. People with teams worth 10m+ are very rare (At least in div 3 in seasons). I've also yet to play any TOTY attackers, for instance

I also think the crackdown on coinsellers has also made those sorts of teams much rarer. Plus the fact handicapping has become more and more accepted as truth; why spend that much time getting Pele for 6m when Musa for 900 coins seems to work way better :/

My club is worth about 1m right now. Nearly all through trading very casually. It's not that hard to trade up if you get a method that suits, and you've got the time to invest (thats the important part; I relist transfers once an hour on my phone). I say casual cause I'm not going mad into trading any more; 1m coins is enough to get very, very good squads going :P But back in Fifa 15, I think I did trade up to 3 or 4m coins. Remember having teams with Ronaldo and Messi up front. Got some good messages from people after those games :P

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I wouldnt think 50k an hour is anyway obtainable??? Most I ever achieved was about 90k a day. You may get lucky sniping players but you wouldn't be able keep that going for any length of time without been blocked to earn much more.

Definitely is, if you use the usual tools and start trading in forms. Maybe a little bit less depending on how busy things are, but certainly at the start it's obtainable.

Nah,

My club is worth about 1m right now. Nearly all through trading very casually. It's not that hard to trade up if you get a method that suits, and you've got the time to invest (thats the important part; I relist transfers once an hour on my phone). I say casual cause I'm not going mad into trading any more; 1m coins is enough to get very, very good squads going :P But back in Fifa 15, I think I did trade up to 3 or 4m coins. Remember having teams with Ronaldo and Messi up front. Got some good messages from people after those games :P

I thought you would of been way over 1 million this year. I got very lucky on prices I've trade up to abou 3 million but because of ronaldo price rising from 1.8 to about 3 million i made a mint on him and bale I'd say my players are worth about 6 million and have another 600k to spend or save.

I thought you would of been way over 1 million this year. I got very lucky on prices I've trade up to abou 3 million but because of ronaldo price rising from 1.8 to about 3 million i made a mint on him and bale I'd say my players are worth about 6 million and have another 600k to spend or save.

I'm finding a lot of the trading methods that worked last year are way slower this year. Consumables are all over the place; some days you do well, others...not so much. I've put most of my money back into IFs cause they are a risk free, long term investment.

But again, it comes down to motivation, and I've not really got much to build a superteam :/ Every time I do a "great" team, my results go down and I run back to Martial and Rashford up front.

Worth noting I've probably spent 300-400k on squad building challanges as well. :p

I'm finding a lot of the trading methods that worked last year are way slower this year. Consumables are all over the place; some days you do well, others...not so much. I've put most of my money back into IFs cause they are a risk free, long term investment.

But again, it comes down to motivation, and I've not really got much to build a superteam :/ Every time I do a "great" team, my results go down and I run back to Martial and Rashford up front.

Worth noting I've probably spent 300-400k on squad building challanges as well. :p

Yehh I know what you mean I got pretty burnt out trading too but I don't think I'll have long more left playing the game only for weekend leagues I haven't played it at all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

If you do steady trading its possible to eventually get your way up to Legends. I only trade in specific players and the odd Inform. By the summer in the last two FIFA's I had a full team of legends each time and they did make a difference in gameplay.

This year I have over 1.25 million coins and 2,700 players. Amongst my players I have one Legend, Zola worth 350k, 88 Eriksen worth 275k, Movember cards Lacazette 55k / Matuidi 55k / Barzagli 35k, Icardi 70k, another 11/12 In Forms worth about €200k. Also have SBC Challange Blue cards non saleable Buffon, Toprak, Douglas Costa, Kurzawa and Cahill. All in all I probably have at this stage 5 million worth of players so not far off getting a legendary team.

That all being said I'm still ****e at the game but improving, I can now manage a fake shot at least 2 of of every 3 times I try it as opposed to a month ago when every fake shot was resulting in a real shot !!

• Advertisement

Turkish league folks are gone. Sneidjer and Sow are great for long range shots but their impossible to work into a decent chem team overall.

Switched to a 4-3-1-2. I had forgotten, I have untradeable Eriksen and Gundogan. Put them in behind Musa and Rashford, and for the first time, Musa actually feels amazing for me. I get the fuss when I use him with Eriksen and Gundogan setting up chances for him.

4 games with the new team, 4 wins, 16 goals scored and only 2 conceded. So sticking with them till my next dry patch :P

I must ask him as I messaged him afterwards saying "what a team" and he replied "if only I could have done them justice".
    Some guys do extreme trading at 2am etc to hoover up all the bargains etc so I imagine it could be done..but hell..when do you get time to play the game?

[quote="Blazer;102494036"
    Some guys do extreme trading at 2am etc to hoover up all the bargains etc so I imagine it could be done..but hell..when do you get time to play the game?[/quote]

Thats me at the start every year I enjoy the trading aspect more then the playing for a while But then it gets to a point where you just get bored of it and wanna play or else you may aswell just play football manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Just gambled on 3 x IF Alli cards for a total of 125,000 in the hope that he will be upgraded.
    I reckon Icardi is defo going up so his IF87 card would be worth a punt at 65k (which I got him at yesterday)

Just gambled on 3 x IF Alli cards for a total of 125,000 in the hope that he will be upgraded.
    I reckon Icardi is defo going up so his IF87 card would be worth a punt at 65k (which I got him at yesterday)
    Alli is a 80 rated player and his minimum inform is 83 so Only way it be upgraded is of he gets a plus 3 upgrade which I doubt but I bought an icardi myself I think he will and maybe mertens

finally getting rid of my lique 1 team after some 200 games together..without a doubt the longest run I've gone with a team since FUT began..back to BPL for me to freshen it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Alli is a 80 rated player and his minimum inform is 83 so Only way it be upgraded is of he gets a plus 3 upgrade which I doubt but I bought an icardi myself I think he will and maybe mertens

Yep exactly that. There's only a handful of players this year that there IFs will actually be upgraded because of the big jumps EA are giving IF cards. Going to be a lot of panic selling tomorrow/Friday week when people realise their card hasn't got upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Finally qualified for the Weekend League but I don't think I'll get a chance to play FIFA at all this weekend. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

My Bronze Bench Experiment.

I was using two teams, Calcioa A and Premier League. In my Calcio A team I had IF Icardi, Movember Barzagli IF Bonavenura and Legend Zola. In my Premier team I had IF 88 Eriksen and IF Defoe. Had all the really good players you would want in each league, playing 433 (4). Was swapping between each team having the other on the bench to recover fitness. Division 5 level generally. I might get promoted to Div 4, just about but inevitable would be relegated, might hold it the odd time.

So my first experiment was to bronze bench ( 7 x 45/46 players to reduce the overall team rating ) but keeping the same players. My first season in Div 5 was 5-1-4 and promotion to Div 4, my second was 0-3-5 and relegation straight back down after only 8 games, so no difference at all. Back to Division 5 and won my first game but lost my second 4-2. Looked like same old struggle so I made a slight alteration, part 2 !

Part 2 of my experiment was to not use any IF or SBD or Movember players with the bronze bench. So for example put Vardy instead of IF Defoe, normal Eriksen instead of IF Eriksen, Bacca instead of IF Icardi and so on. Finished Div 5 last night with a record of 5-4-1, winning the title for the first time, and being unbeaten with the Part 2 team ! The only player I really miss using is IF Eriksen, particularly for his long shots and free kicks, normal is just not as good.

I will say I have scored the odd goal and have been thinking how the fcuk did I do that. I have not had that feeling that the game is conspiring against me, goals I have conceded have been deservedly scored by my opponent. That being said I have been improving with V3ttel's tips above and and have become quite good at the fake shot resulting in some beautiful goals.

Placebo, who knows but the weekend in Div 4 will be the real test to see if this works !

• Advertisement

Packed Ozil from a gold upgrade pack (as well as Smalling in the same pack). The bronze pack method upgrading is fun :P

Advertisement