Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Berty44 wrote: »
    My Bronze Bench Experiment.

I was using two teams, Calcioa A and Premier League. In my Calcio A team I had IF Icardi, Movember Barzagli IF Bonavenura and Legend Zola. In my Premier team I had IF 88 Eriksen and IF Defoe. Had all the really good players you would want in each league, playing 433 (4). Was swapping between each team having the other on the bench to recover fitness. Division 5 level generally. I might get promoted to Div 4, just about but inevitable would be relegated, might hold it the odd time.

So my first experiment was to bronze bench ( 7 x 45/46 players to reduce the overall team rating ) but keeping the same players. My first season in Div 5 was 5-1-4 and promotion to Div 4, my second was 0-3-5 and relegation straight back down after only 8 games, so no difference at all. Back to Division 5 and won my first game but lost my second 4-2. Looked like same old struggle so I made a slight alteration, part 2 !

Part 2 of my experiment was to not use any IF or SBD or Movember players with the bronze bench. So for example put Vardy instead of IF Defoe, normal Eriksen instead of IF Eriksen, Bacca instead of IF Icardi and so on. Finished Div 5 last night with a record of 5-4-1, winning the title for the first time, and being unbeaten with the Part 2 team ! The only player I really miss using is IF Eriksen, particularly for his long shots and free kicks, normal is just not as good.

I will say I have scored the odd goal and have been thinking how the fcuk did I do that. I have not had that feeling that the game is conspiring against me, goals I have conceded have been deservedly scored by my opponent. That being said I have been improving with V3ttel's tips above and and have become quite good at the fake shot resulting in some beautiful goals.

Placebo, who knows but the weekend in Div 4 will be the real test to see if this works !

It'll be interesting to see how you go in Div 4.

It might be worth checking the records for all the lads you faced to see if there were of similar standard in both seasons.

Does anyone know if you can still see "game data" somewhere on the EA sports site? I used to check it last year occasionally to see what the lads I played were like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

v3ttel wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how you go in Div 4.

It might be worth checking the records for all the lads you faced to see if there were of similar standard in both seasons.

Does anyone know if you can still see "game data" somewhere on the EA sports site? I used to check it last year occasionally to see what the lads I played were like.

You used to be able to do that all right but I checked around the forums and EA have removed that facility. I was thinking about that so after my last game last night I messaged the guy ( I had won 2-0 ) to say good game, ask how he found Legend Linekar on his team and what actual Division he was in. He did reply but omitted to say what Div he was in ( I felt he was definitely lower than me ). I must try and do it more frequently as last FIFA you would often find you were playing guys 2 divisions above you !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TIL you can get IF cards in "Three Common Gold Player" packs.

tCyUNZ2.jpg

Churning through them upgrading cards when that popped up...

EDIT: According to r/Fifa, you can pack IF cards in common packs if their non-IF version is a non-rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Played one game of WL. 14 shots, 11 on target, 3 goals for me. 4 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals for him. Both of us using Begovic. Lost on penalties.

That has turned me off it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Marquee Matchups are live and look handy enough.

Chelsea Arsenal - Gold Players Premium pack
    Monaco Nice - Gold Players Premium pack
    Juve Inter - Jumbo Premium Gold pack
    Sporting Porto - Premium Silver Players pack

Group reward is a Mega Pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Lord TSC wrote: »
    TIL you can get IF cards in "Three Common Gold Player" packs.

tCyUNZ2.jpg

Churning through them upgrading cards when that popped up...

EDIT: According to r/Fifa, you can pack IF cards in common packs if their non-IF version is a non-rare.

Perfect excuse to use the tuxedo kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Some tasty cards in packs for the next week guys AFCON team of tournament and winter ones to watch

DO NOT OPEN OTW PACKS YET!

Despite saying they are guaranteed OTW cards, apparently they are bugged and giving out gold cards....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    DO NOT OPEN OTW PACKS YET!

Despite saying they are guaranteed OTW cards, apparently they are bugged and giving out gold cards....

Not just any gold cards, bad ones for me. Opened two premium gold players packs, two premium gold packs and a mega pack, best I got was Iborra. Yes, you read that right, fcuking Iborra.

That's me done with FUT for this year anyway, never in all my years playing it have I got a single player worth more than 50k, even when I spent real money on the game. :(

EDIT: Misread your post, didn't know there were guaranteed OTW packs. The part about my shocking pack luck still stands though unfortunately lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Twitter is going into meltdown over this F**k up. EA are going to have to compensate people for this.
    Really lucky I wasn't caught as I was stuck between selling my OTW and doing the SBC

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is a major mess up. Thousands will have pumped a lot of resources into those SBCs and were cheated out of what they were promised

Twitter is going into meltdown over this F**k up. EA are going to have to compensate people for this.
    Really lucky I wasn't caught as I was stuck between selling my OTW and doing the SBC

Unlikely. For those affected, I'm guessing they'll have to contact EA to verify they got the wrong card and then EA will replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did one and got OTW Mane,of course on the same fcuking day he gets a TOTT that doesn't affect the OTW card. At least he's a player likely to get goals so I'll hold him til he gets another IF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Some price crash on the Pjanic otw card. Sold him for 260k about a week ago to fund my sif radja card, just picked him up under 150k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did the in tradable sbc and got otw Kante.

Did it again and got otw Kante again.

But they are both untradable.

Any idea what to do with the 2nd one

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Did the in tradable sbc and got otw Kante.

Did it again and got otw Kante again.

But they are both untradable.

Any idea what to do with the 2nd one

Quick sell it for 0 :(

jayo26 wrote: »
    Quick sell it for 0 :(

Apparently i can log on to the phone app in 30 mins and use 1 of them in the sbc while the other stays in my unnasigned pile.

Pray for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lol opened all the SBC packs I got (cost nothing to complete them) and this is what I got in one of my packs.... I swear EA are giving me insane stuff lately. Got another MOTM as well, the Atletico guy from AFCON.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Apparently i can log on to the phone app in 30 mins and use 1 of them in the sbc while the other stays in my unnasigned pile.

Pray for me

Yeh you can actually forgot That. It happened me a couple years ago I opened pack on console and got a rooney in it and I already had one in my club and my transfer pile was all full I panicked lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

When will market for IF's level out again? Invested in a few IF Keitas...Only new to this...

• Advertisement

Anyone struggling to do the TOTT Africa SBS if you have gathered the players from Liga Satandar it is very easy to complete.

Got Elmohamady the Hull RB so not too bad

PáircLife wrote: »
    When will market for IF's level out again? Invested in a few IF Keitas...Only new to this...

IF market is really volatile this year, cause of the various SBCs. The OTW challenges will keep them a bit higher for a few days now.

TOTW, TOTT, MOTM, OTW all in packs so I spent 100k on packs.

Rui Patricio was my highest rated. Die in a fire, EA.

Got another Kante

And i have no coins to buy more 82s

Lads, if you're not doing the TOTT SBC, make sure to check if you have any players from the following countries in your club.

Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Senegal, DR Congo, Morocco, Ghana, Egypt

Their prices have rocketed up ;)

As an example, Nyom of West Brom is currently going for 3000 coins instantly...

EDIT: Have a Kameni who is going for 8000.

Edit 2: Gonna list some that are going well right now. Ayew of West ham currently 9700. Ayew of Swansea currently 10k. Sobhi, a Stoke silver, 7000.

Completed the SNC's and opened the packs. Nothing in first few. Third one got 3 silver French players selling for total of 20k combined so happy with that. Next pack got a TOTW Falcinelli so delighted but see he is only going for minimum 5k, still an IF On to the last pack and it's IF 84 rated Stindal. Reallly deligtlhted at this stage and I go though the remainder of the pack and find Tony Martial and....AGUERO !!! My best pack ever ! Going on the piss :)

Quick question, is it possible to get the normal version of a OTW card in a pack tonight? Got Deulofeu earlier, but only the standard version, did the glitch affect me?

Praise the Lord ( TSC that is ! )

After seeing his post above I decided not to go on the piss after all and hit the market. Sold Andre Ayew for 9,600 and my silver Amertey ( who was actually extinct on the market ) for 9,900. Mbokani now on the market for 3,400 and my silver Sobhi for 7,900. Serious profits from all players bought for base prices for future SBC challenges paying off. Thank The Lord !

martyos121 wrote: »
    Quick question, is it possible to get the normal version of a OTW card in a pack tonight? Got Deulofeu earlier, but only the standard version, did the glitch affect me?
    It is. They said they fixed the glitch, came up in console notice about 10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

Did the untradeable OTW SBC about 12 times in the hope for Kante or Pogba, best was Renato sanches but he doesn't play so I swapped him in again. Ended up with a morata which I put in the tradeable one and sold the Milik I got to cut my losses. A complete disaster.

Advertisement