Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay so I just got an email from ea telling me that I broke the rules too. No idea why, I did a load of those OTW packs last night, that's all I can think of that may have set them off. Luckily all they did was reset my coin total to 0 and I only had around 300 coins at that point anyway, they didn't delete my players. Really weird though and if I had lost more I'd be fuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Decided to flog otw pjanic, if Insigne and otw Higuain.
    Going to buy Mertens 87 ST and pair him with IF Muriel up front, I think I'm more suited to fast players playing short passing and counter attaching football and Higuain just doesn't do it for me. Anyon e have Mertens 87?
    Trying to decide if I should wait till tomorrow when his new IF comes out and the old cards drop in price?

Yehh I've used 87 mertens for a while Now I love him he is one of the best strikers in the game. I sold him yesterday and I'll either buy him back when totw comes out or buy his 88 card if he does get another inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Okay so I just got an email from ea telling me that I broke the rules too. No idea why, I did a load of those OTW packs last night, that's all I can think of that may have set them off. Luckily all they did was reset my coin total to 0 and I only had around 300 coins at that point anyway, they didn't delete my players. Really weird though and if I had lost more I'd be fuming.

What a load of horse ****, goddamn ea

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Finished in Silver 1 this weekend in my first weekend league with about 14 games left to play, I could just not get through any more games because I was so tired so I was a bit annoyed I couldn't get into Gold. I think I was two or three games away.

It's definitely a slog but I expected the competition to be much higher or maybe I'm just getting slightly better by playing the brunt of 20 games this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ugh, full premier league requirment for this weekend league, bar 2 players. Has been a few weeks since I have been able to do a full 40 games and was looking forward to it until I saw that.

• Advertisement

blaa85 wrote: »
    Ugh, full premier league requirment for this weekend league, bar 2 players. Has been a few weeks since I have been able to do a full 40 games and was looking forward to it until I saw that.

Unlucky I'd hate that. They are never any entry requirements on pc for weekend league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

9 match losing streak.

Going to take a few days of a break now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What is it with over-powered goalkeepers in this game? Was in the Daily tournament final and it ended 1-1 after extra time with my opponent having 10 shots on target and I having 12. i think the majority of the shots were in the box, as we both had defensive meltdown but so many unlikely saves. I don't recall hitting the post as much as I do in this game versus Fifa 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided to hang onto otw Higuain and otw Pjanic and went with this formation
    Will see how it goes
    Oops pic too big, will post later kn

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

200k to spend on a CM/CAM for a BPL team.

Had De Bruyne, didn't fit too well.

Any recommendations?

Looking at 87 Eriksen who looks decent, anyone used/using him??

• Advertisement

Cjs21 wrote: »

Any recommendations?

Erikson is great for long shots and passing another excellent option for cam is yaya of your not already using him deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

seamie78 wrote: »
    Google live chat fifa 17 and follow the links

Tried and ended up looking at a "Please wait while we connect you to an EA Games Advisor" for god knows how long.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Erikson is great for long shots and passing another excellent option for cam is yaya of your not already using him deeper.

I was thinking of getting IF Yaya, I just can't see the justification of the extra 100k bar the physicality of Yaya.

I was thinking of getting IF Yaya, I just can't see the justification of the extra 100k bar the physicality of Yaya.

I didn't Bother with his inform either I find his normal card to be excellent tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Does anyone else find that taking a break for a week or more helps? I wonder if ELO drops for every day you don't play.

I didn't play for about 10 days and since I've come back, I've won 10 games in a row even against super teams with Bale, Ronaldo, Hazard, Pogba. Won the daily tournament yesterday only conceded 2 goals along the way, and scored 14. I normally find that tournament to be tricky.

I know I haven't improved while I haven't been playing so something else must be going on. I guess its ELO.

Any recommendations?

I've used 87 Eriksen, he's been great for me. He is averaging a goal or assist every game. I play him at the LCM in a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Can anyone tell me the best way of earning coins on FUT?

I only really play online, usually seasons, where a win is approx 500-600 coins.

I also enjoy the online draft but can only play that when I've saved up the 15k to enter.

I see some absolutely ridiculous teams full of superstars/legends. Are these people just spending real money?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Paladonia wrote: »

I only really play online, usually seasons, where a win is approx 500-600 coins.

I also enjoy the online draft but can only play that when I've saved up the 15k to enter.

I see some absolutely ridiculous teams full of superstars/legends. Are these people just spending real money?

Lord TSC - I believe you have a new apprentice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

wardides wrote: »
    Tried and ended up looking at a "Please wait while we connect you to an EA Games Advisor" for god knows how long.

It takes a while just have to be patient it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I've used 87 Eriksen, he's been great for me. He is averaging a goal or assist every game. I play him at the LCM in a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow.[/QUOTE]

Who are the other three midfielders you use thinking of switching to that formation currently use the wide version

jayo26 wrote: »
    I didn't Bother with his inform either I find his normal card to be excellent tho.

Yeah, I have him at CM along with Kante. 5 at the back with the 2 of them in midfield is crazy for the weekend league, anytime I come across Toures inform though it just tears me apart!

• Advertisement

I've used 87 Eriksen, he's been great for me. He is averaging a goal or assist every game. I play him at the LCM in a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow.

Who are the other three midfielders you use thinking of switching to that formation currently use the wide version[/QUOTE]

I've been using De Bruyne, but it doesn't seem to be working out well.

I have Aguero (Packed in the 2nd week of this Fifa :P) and Costa up front. Toure and Kante sitting behind. Started using 5 at the back with the LWB na RWB being very attacking rather than sitting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Did anyone see the "highlights" from the guy who won the Paris tournament - every single goal was a carbon copy of each other, run to the byline, run along the byline until you get into the area, tramp pass to a teammate six yards out, goal - yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Who are the other three midfielders you use thinking of switching to that formation currently use the wide version

Willian as CAM, Rooney as RCM, Fernandinho as CDM. That's my fitness team. I switch from 4-3-2-1 to 4-1-2-1-2(2) in minute 1 so Willian gets full chem as a CAM.

On my main team I use James LCM, IF Ben Yedder as CAM, Pogba as RCM and Kante as CDM. I'd happily use Eriksen as LCM over James, Eriksen is much better but I need James to give chemistry to Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Did anyone see the "highlights" from the guy who won the Paris tournament - every single goal was a carbon copy of each other, run to the byline, run along the byline until you get into the area, tramp pass to a teammate six yards out, goal - yay!!

Even though I love computer games, I've never bought into the whole e-sport thing.

But with stuff like Overwatch, LoL, Dota etc, there is some high-level skill on display in their respective games.

Fifa though, how can that be taken seriously?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paladonia wrote: »

Some of its real money, but not all. If you go back through the early pages of this topic, there's a lot of discussion about various trading methods and techniques. Mine, for instance, is investing in loads of one "cheap" card, increasing the price and listing in bulk. Other people rely on sniping cards cheaper than they should be and relisting properly. And with SBCs this year, you can make a fair bit of coins through trying to guess what cards will be needed for popular challanges (having In Forms ready to go, or checking your club for cards you might have lying round). Like, for instance, a few nights ago, there was a killing to be made on some African players; the Ayews from the Premier League were going for 10k coins a piece.

A lot of it is time based though. I'd say every investor I know are spending time researching, or buying, or listing cards once an hour. There's a level of commitment required to pick the right investments and then to list over and over till they sell :P

Just had a game where I got 3 penalties and they were all saved. Ended up drawing.

That's Mertens off penalties for life.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just had a game where I got 3 penalties and they were all saved. Ended up drawing.

That's Mertens off penalties for life.

Stop picking on mertens he is class.

I never ever change my penalty routine. If I get one. Induring the game I always drive it top left corner of I get another I drive it in exact same spot. If it's a penalty shootout I do first two left then two right and down middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If you ever concede a penalty just stay still. A ridiculous amount of people hit it down the middle, I think quite a few still don't understand or aren't confident with the new penalty system. What I do is I move my keeper left to right a little first, just so my opponent knows I'm still in control and most likely going to dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm ****e at penalties. I always pea roll it low right, seems impossible for the opponent to save tho

• Advertisement

If you ever concede a penalty just stay still. A ridiculous amount of people hit it down the middle, I think quite a few still don't understand or aren't confident with the new penalty system. What I do is I move my keeper left to right a little first, just so my opponent knows I'm still in control and most likely going to dive.

I'm the exact same. Move around really erratically even during their run-up and then stay in the middle. Pretty sure I save over half of the non-shootout penalties I face by doing it.

Advertisement