Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

For anyone who has prepared for the SBC leagues the secret is in getting as many players possible from each team and not just 11/12. That way when you see the requirement you will find players that you can offload for serious coinage. I am just finnishing off the LaLiga SBC for Suarez and have made near 300k on offloading ""excess" players from the teams. With Sporting Gijon for example I offloaded 3 players for 33k. So get everyone you can for every team in the German Italian leagues if you have been building those teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Trying to do the Alli POTM SBC but every silver MK Dons players is extinct.

Pain in the hole. You'd think EA would increase drop rates a little bit to combat this.

Edit: Got De Bruyne in one of the reward packs though so at least that's Alli got for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Berty44 wrote: »
    For anyone who has prepared for the SBC leagues the secret is in getting as many players possible from each team and not just 11/12. That way when you see the requirement you will find players that you can offload for serious coinage. I am just finnishing off the LaLiga SBC for Suarez and have made near 300k on offloading ""excess" players from the teams. With Sporting Gijon for example I offloaded 3 players for 33k. So get everyone you can for every team in the German Italian leagues if you have been building those teams.

Did the same for Spanish league myself I didn't get Suarez but sold all the squads for around 600k the silvers are real good investments I have spent a few hours today buying up the Italian squads have 6 more to go but cost me about 250k so far but alot of that was on juventus players I see that one been at least an 85 sbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

So I'm running back with Smalling when Bailly inexplicably comes across, takes me out, and leaves his striker run clean through from the half way line to score. 0-1 to him.

Then I'm defending a corner, I win the header with Bale by pressing O and holding LS away from my goal, he heads it back into the center of the box. Then Smalling does that "reaching for the ball" animation that happens when your players feel like they are stuck in mud and manages to divert it past my keeper. 0-2 to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Packed Aguero from a gold upgrade pack. Delighted :)

• Advertisement

Didn't get Alli for free after all, didn't think the rest of the League 2 players I needed were going for near max but they were. Most of them anyway.

Still, looks like a class card and overall it cost me about 60k which is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Chanced that there will be a demand for Sane OTW cards with City playing tomorrow so bought 10 of them this morning at an average of 45k. Price is rising already. Might be worth getting in there on it and selling before kick off tomorrow night.

I also bought some Ter Stegen cards (very cheap this morning) as they will be in demand for the WL hybrid LaLiga / Bund teams.

Fingers crossed I make a few quid.

Made 650k on the MKDons players, first big killing on the market for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Why do my fullbacks keep bombing forward? I have them set to always stay back and avoid using the L1 pass so that they don't look for the return. Is it their work rates? The custom tactics?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Why do my fullbacks keep bombing forward? I have them set to always stay back and avoid using the L1 pass so that they don't look for the return. Is it their work rates? The custom tactics?

I'd love to know too, Bloody IF Alonso won't stay back for me either, and the instructions I have set for him should basically have him chained to the goalpost!

Mostly down to work rates... someone like alves has high/low work rates he thinks he is a forward most of the time.

It also has to do with your in game tactics of you move your slider to attack or all out attack then your wingback bomb forward where's as of you have it set to defend they tend to sit back.

• Advertisement

Almost every fullback in the game has high attacking workrates so your instructions will only do so much in terms of keeping them back. Lahm and Piszczek are the only decently rated fullbacks with medium attacking WR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Wonder if silver packs will be the new bronze pack method...MK Dons players, and league SBC players going for near max.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

90th minute. 2-1 down. Dele Alli through on goal, gets tackled and falls over. The ball ricochets around and lands back at Alli's feet, 12 yards out with a free shot on target. Dele Alli is too busy giving out to the ref to react and get an easy goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Do you guys tend to go defensive at times in your games? I enjoy attacking, but I keep getting a goal or two up and then getting caught out with people dribbling from the wing into the box. I'm also gIving away too many penalties because I am still struggling with the defensive system compared to the last FIFA I played. I am completely unable to shut out a game and tend to win or lose having scored and conceded a few goals. I'm in Div2 for seasons and have gone gold 2 in the two weekend leagues I've done, so my attacking is probably decent, but my defending is what has me shouting at the TV at times. Any tips?

Do you guys tend to go defensive at times in your games? I enjoy attacking, but I keep getting a goal or two up and then getting caught out with people dribbling from the wing into the box. I'm also gIving away too many penalties because I am still struggling with the defensive system compared to the last FIFA I played. I am completely unable to shut out a game and tend to win or lose having scored and conceded a few goals. I'm in Div2 for seasons and have gone gold 2 in the two weekend leagues I've done, so my attacking is probably decent, but my defending is what has me shouting at the TV at times. Any tips?

I only go defensive if the game is important and I'm getting battered. Otherwise it's balanced for the whole game if I'm winning or drawing. Attacking if I'm losing after 70 minutes, all out attack if I'm losing after 80.

90% of players seem to go defensive if they go 1 up. They're probably doing the right thing but I really couldn't be arsed playing ultra-defensive.

Same with all these people who are pausing the game after one minute and changing formations and making subs. I could not be arsed.

I agree If I had to ruin every game and turn it into a bore fest I couldn't be arsed playing it. If lost some games and really enjoyed them more then ones I have won.

The latency bar means fcuk all. EA act like they've done a great job increasing the bars shown from 3 to 5 but it means nothing if we don't know exactly what the bars represent. For the most part the bar is constantly fluctuating anyway, and I've had 1 bar games with no lag and 5 bar games where every button press takes 2 seconds to register.

The latency bar means fcuk all. EA act like they've done a great job increasing the bars shown from 3 to 5 but it means nothing if we don't know exactly what the bars represent. For the most part the bar is constantly fluctuating anyway, and I've had 1 bar games with no lag and 5 bar games where every button press takes 2 seconds to register.

EA...

"These go to 5."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I'm in too minds at the min. I have 80 k to spend. I could do the sbc for alli or wait till I have 100 and buy sif Coleman

Using Alli at the moment and he's really good, feels like a Pogba-lite minus the skills.

• Advertisement

Here is a summary of what 94 Suarez actually cost me in the end. I had bought every cheap ( by that I mean max spend 1k on any player ) long before the Suarez SBC was announced. Spent on average 10k per team, thats about 200k.

The expensive players in particular those for Athletico / Real / Barca cost 400k, ( probably overpaid a little here ).

I recouped 300k by selling excess players, some of who made insane coinage. Some of the silvers I had bought for 250k sold for over 9k. I still have about 90gold / 40 silver and 15 bronze La Liga players left over for future marquee matchups.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Is he worth it? :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Is he worth it? :)
    Only finished him last night and not actually used him yet :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

So annoyed bought the mega pack for 750 fifa points got kane in it buzzing then thought I hit L2 to send to club but noticed my coins go up...quicksold the pack for 4k kane was going for 11!

Finished on Silver 3 with 14 games left, wanted to just get to Gold 3 just so I didn't have to qualify again for next weekend but was just too tired. 40 games is a bit too much I feel, rarely get through them all.

Also noticed that for next Weekend League your team doesn't actually have to be full Premier League. It's 16 of the 18 players in your starting 11 and bench that have to be Prem.

This is the team I used this weekend and will probably use next too. Hopefully with an upgraded Mane.

b7802fc5b93a469c7f7457aa2321ec78.png

Keepers should be able to get sent off. Fecking joke that they can wipe you out and stop you rolling the ball into an empty net and the ref only gives a warning.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Only finished him last night and not actually used him yet :eek:

Very curious to hear how you get on. Not near him yet myself (have a lot of the smaller teams done), but been tempted to start saving for a La Liga superteam with him being flanked by Neymar and Bale. But havent read any feedback on Suarez yet. Let us know if he's worth it :)

J. Marston wrote: »
    Keepers should be able to get sent off. Fecking joke that they can wipe you out and stop you rolling the ball into an empty net and the ref only gives a warning.

Few things like this ruin games for me.

I was one game from an elite ranking in weekend league and winning one nil and he wins a free which he decided to take quickly but I can't respond because

(A) he is allowed take the quick free about ten yards forwards on the edge of my box from where it happened
    (B) my defender that's closes is still in the process of going threw the stupid cut scene thing that means I can't control him so he scores and goes on to win on penalties.

Another thing is when you are in the box and your striker is in the middle of taking a shot on goal and the defender pushes him and knocks him off the ball without ever winning the ball this bloody infuriates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Here is a summary of what 94 Suarez actually cost me in the end. I had bought every cheap ( by that I mean max spend 1k on any player ) long before the Suarez SBC was announced. Spent on average 10k per team, thats about 200k.

The expensive players in particular those for Athletico / Real / Barca cost 400k, ( probably overpaid a little here ).

I recouped 300k by selling excess players, some of who made insane coinage. Some of the silvers I had bought for 250k sold for over 9k. I still have about 90gold / 40 silver and 15 bronze La Liga players left over for future marquee matchups.

I've got 11 of 20 done with the big 3 still to do.
    It's gonna kill me but really want to try out Suarez.

Haven't got a single decent player from any of the packs so far so it's looking like I'll have to sell a lot of my players to even have a chance of completing this .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

FUT champions peeps,

I started my ultimate team this week and after a few days i've grinded up an OK Gold team,

Have the likes of Busquets, Iniesta, Oblak, Godin etc etc..

Will this be chewed up and spat out by informs or since I have a respectably high squad of golds should it preform well?

If the former i'll hold out another week, dedicate my time to the seasons and get more SBC's done in the hope of some decent packs.

Edit*

Was looking at squad builds and came across a hilarious Irish OP front 3 team

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/4201729/

Advertisement