Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate Team 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Toobz wrote: »
    FUT champions peeps,

I started my ultimate team this week and after a few days i've grinded up an OK Gold team,

Have the likes of Busquets, Iniesta, Oblak, Godin etc etc..

Will this be chewed up and spat out by informs or since I have a respectably high squad of golds should it preform well?

If the former i'll hold out another week, dedicate my time to the seasons and get more SBC's done in the hope of some decent packs.

Edit*

Was looking at squad builds and came across a hilarious Irish OP front 3 team

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/4201729/

Don't worry too much about ratings and in forms. Realistically, you can get a serious team for around 70/80k. The likes of iniesta and Busquets are good in real life, but Kante, Renato Sanches, Dembele etc out perform them in game.

After that, you can work your way to in-forms or some of the properly high rated players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Don't worry too much about ratings and in forms. Realistically, you can get a serious team for around 70/80k. The likes of iniesta and Busquets are good in real life, but Kante, Renato Sanches, Dembele etc out perform them in game.

After that, you can work your way to in-forms or some of the properly high rated players.

I'm thinking of cashing in on my current squad as it's easily worth 80k. I'd like to be somewhat competitive and if I can pick up players with the right Chem cards that would help too.

What formation do you reckon works best? So used to 4-3-3 with Iniesta at CAM and it works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

No free packs this week?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Marquee matchups up for the CL games.

SL Benfica - Dortmund
    SL Benfica Players: Min. 1 Dortmund Players: Min. 1 Players from same league Max. 6 Rare Players Min. 3 Team OVR: 79
    Reward: Premium Gold Players Pack

FC Bayern - Arsenal
    Bayern Players: Min. 1 Arsenal Players: Min. 1 Leagues: Min. 3 Rare Players: Min. 4 Team OVR: 81
    Reward: Rare Gold Pack

Legia Warszawa - Ajax
    Legia Warszawa Players: Min. 1 Ajax Players: Min. 1 Nationalities: Max. 4 Team OVR: 75 Team Chemistry: Min. 85
    Reward: Jumbo Premium Gold Pack

RSC Anderlecht - Zenit
    RSC Anderlecht Players: Min. 1 Zenit Players: Min. 1 Clubs: Exactly 11 Team OVR: 76 Team Chemistry: Min. 85
    Reward: Jumbo Premium Gold Pack

Reward for Completing all 4: Prime Players Pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Arciphel wrote: »
    No free packs this week?

Free packs are gone for most people you only get them the first 20 weeks from first time you play ultimate team on the game.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of cashing in on my current squad as it's easily worth 80k. I'd like to be somewhat competitive and if I can pick up players with the right Chem cards that would help too.

What formation do you reckon works best? So used to 4-3-3 with Iniesta at CAM and it works really well.

He gave you great advice alot of the so called elite players are not as good as the all rounders there are a few over powered low 80s high 70s players in the game.

I found starting out 4321 was my best formation I kept going back to it as it's a very possession based team then I moved to 433(4)

A few decent cheap ish players to start off if you can fit them in the team is

Butland in GOAL.

Back line of Shaw, smaling, Bailey, valencia is decent as a right back too.

Midfield of Kante and dembelle and someone like an 84 Erikson as a cam then a front 3 of depay, musa and shaqiri in my opinion would be a solid prem team.

The most over powered players in that team are butland, Bailey, Kante, depay and musa they play way above the ratings I still use that back four myself only I have inform valencia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

jayo26 wrote: »
    He gave you great advice alot of the so called elite players are not as good as the all rounders there are a few over powered low 80s high 70s players in the game.

I found starting out 4321 was my best formation I kept going back to it as it's a very possession based team then I moved to 433(4)

A few decent cheap ish players to start off if you can fit them in the team is

Butland in GOAL.

Back line of Shaw, smaling, Bailey, valencia is decent as a right back too.

Midfield of Kante and dembelle and someone like an 84 Erikson as a cam then a front 3 of depay, musa and shaqiri in my opinion would be a solid prem team.

The most over powered players in that team are butland, Bailey, Kante, depay and musa they play way above the ratings I still use that back four myself only I have inform valencia.

Cheers Jayo,

You've backed up the majority of what I've bought in the rebuild.

Have it as Butland, Bellerin, Koscielny, Smalling, Shaw, Kante, Herrera, Mata, Depay, Lukaku and Mahrez.

The midfield is too short, but the work rate and all roundness Herrera brings is fantastic.

Seems like madness buying in game Kante over Fabregas but he really is immense.

I will stick with this for now but i'd imagine I would have to shift Herrera to properly compete as the rest of the team seems to be highly regarded. I have the right chemistry cards on all as I managed to buy them with the right cards but I don't know if it does much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I agree with everything you said jayo except about Bailly. He's rubbish for me because of his high attacking workrate. He is always out of position. My defense instantly tightened up when I swapped him out. He also has the "dives into tackles" trait which means he's constantly on the ground and giving away stupid fouls when controlled by the AI.

I seriously never noticed him been bad I had inform azpelucetta and he was terrible for me with red cards I find Bailey alot more solid.

Cheers Jayo,

You've backed up the majority of what I've bought in the rebuild.

Have it as Butland, Bellerin, Koscielny, Smalling, Shaw, Kante, Herrera, Mata, Depay, Lukaku and Mahrez.

The midfield is too short, but the work rate and all roundness Herrera brings is fantastic.

Seems like madness buying in game Kante over Fabregas but he really is immense.

I will stick with this for now but i'd imagine I would have to shift Herrera to properly compete as the rest of the team seems to be highly regarded. I have the right chemistry cards on all as I managed to buy them with the right cards but I don't know if it does much at all.
    If you can get Dembele, I'd swap him in for Herrera. Can't speak highly enough of Christian Eriksen either. Probably the most fun player I've used this year.

• Advertisement

If you can get Dembele, I'd swap him in for Herrera. Can't speak highly enough of Christian Eriksen either. Probably the most fun player I've used this year.

I actually never tried ander but I liked dembelle for his skill moves and pace and stamina and strenght he always seemed solid.

If any of you guys are investing in Draxler for the La Liga/Bundesliga WL, just make sure you're buying Wolfsburg cards. Almost bought the PSG version two or three times as I was mindlessly going through good deals on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Finally qualified for weekend league after a month of trying, over the moon can't wait to have my weekend ruined haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'm going to give this a go, tried 4-1-2-1-2, 3-5-2 and loads of other combinations but can't seem to find one that feels comfortable

I've also set the defensive pressure to 30/35 but they still seem to be sitting on the halfway line - I don't want to set it to 0 and become "that guy" but all I want them to do is stay roughly in the middle of their own half but every time the opponent counter attacks there they are, on the halfway line, falling around like day old giraffes as we concede yet another break away goal

I'm going to give this a go, tried 4-1-2-1-2, 3-5-2 and loads of other combinations but can't seem to find one that feels comfortable

I've also set the defensive pressure to 30/35 but they still seem to be sitting on the halfway line - I don't want to set it to 0 and become "that guy" but all I want them to do is stay roughly in the middle of their own half but every time the opponent counter attacks there they are, on the halfway line, falling around like day old giraffes as we concede yet another break away goal

If your getting caught on the break every game dont be afraid to put it really deep at one stage this year I had it on 10 and aggression was 30 I think.

Always use cover for backline never offside

Jayo, have you used Neymar or Bale? Getting to a point where I feel like blowing all my coins on a 1m team, and tempted to try one or both, but never like spending that much on single players :o

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

If any of you guys are investing in Draxler for the La Liga/Bundesliga WL, just make sure you're buying Wolfsburg cards. Almost bought the PSG version two or three times as I was mindlessly going through good deals on the market.

What's a good price to pick him up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

wong wrote: »
    www.futbin.com

Give you historical prices and the 5 lowest BIN's. Well worth having this site if you doing any buying / selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Should be able to buy G Jesus now that his season his over

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jayo, have you used Neymar or Bale? Getting to a point where I feel like blowing all my coins on a 1m team, and tempted to try one or both, but never like spending that much on single players :o

Yeh I have tried both I loved neymar but bale never seems worth it to me and I donno why he seems slow movement as a winger but he aint bad played as a striker.

Edit: Have you tried the top inform players in Italian league? I love them so much more then the Spanish league like 88 mertens stats are ahead of 93 messi or 92 hazzard and inform cuadrado is unreal.

My two teams at the moment at premier and Italian leagues

Screenshot_20170213_164247.png

Screenshot_20170213_164314.png

• Advertisement

wong wrote: »

I'd say he will end up over 7k as next week progresses. People are focussed on PL weekend league this weekend and will have to rebuy teams for next week. I'd say I'll shift most of my Draxlers and Topraks by Thursday next week.

Jaysus, I'm struggling to justify 300k on a player Jayo, suggesting a 600k player is making me blush :P

I want to stick with a 4-3-1-2 cause I'm doing very well with it with my PL team. Actually, there's some decent looking Serie A players though. Higuain looks quite cheap for his rating, but I'm wondering is that cause people are always worried he'll grab another IF, lowering his price.

If your getting caught on the break every game dont be afraid to put it really deep at one stage this year I had it on 10 and aggression was 30 I think.

Always use cover for backline never offside

I use the cover myself as well because the offside traps are useless, might try and that tactic and see how I get on - usually have pressure at 30/35 and aggression at 50 so I'll dial it back a bit more

Jaysus, I'm struggling to justify 300k on a player Jayo, suggesting a 600k player is making me blush :P

I want to stick with a 4-3-1-2 cause I'm doing very well with it with my PL team. Actually, there's some decent looking Serie A players though. Higuain looks quite cheap for his rating, but I'm wondering is that cause people are always worried he'll grab another IF, lowering his price.

Updated my last message to the teams I use even if you didn't get 88 mertens his 87 card is just as insane I loved that too and there is a chance he will get an upgrade If you matched him With 87 Icardi with a Hunter card they are lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Im getting caught all the time on the break its like me attack, me attack, me attack they break and score first time!! You think your the stronger team due to all the attacking but end up losing the match to counter attacks.

Im going to try the settings mentioned above. What other settings do you guys use? Im guessing that 75/80 on everythingis bad?!?!

Updated my last message to the teams I use even if you didn't get 88 mertens his 87 card is just as insane I loved that too and there is a chance he will get an upgrade If you matched him With 87 Icardi with a Hunter card they are lethal.

Hmmm, really tempted, but not sure about the rest of the team. Mertens looks insane, though....

Stab*City wrote: »
    Im getting caught all the time on the break its like me attack, me attack, me attack they break and score first time!! You think your the stronger team due to all the attacking but end up losing the match to counter attacks.

Im going to try the settings mentioned above. What other settings do you guys use? Im guessing that 75/80 on everythingis bad?!?!

Try go extreme like 80 attacking pace but 10 on passing distance and 10 on creation ect. It sounds mad but it's really a slow build up tactic and soaks up pressure too.

Hmmm, really tempted, but not sure about the rest of the team. Mertens looks insane, though....

The defense is excellent pal can't go wrong with them but manolas is expensive so go with any of the non inform juve defenders.

The 3 midfielders I cant fault them Bonaventura and brozovic whatever they are spelt are unreal at long shots and have 90s stamina and nainagolin is defensively flawless.

You know I was always a low level at fifa always in around division 3 and 4 but with these two teams I'm division one and two but have no problem getting into division one.

Try go extreme like 80 attacking pace but 10 on passing distance and 10 on creation ect. It sounds mad but it's really a slow build up tactic and soaks up pressure too.

That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it - I very rarely use the lob pass, only when crossing really so need to have the passing so high - I thought it meant frequency of passing so I had it set in the 70's

Not sure I understand the shooting one, surely you just shoot whenever you have a decent chance?

• Advertisement

That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it - I very rarely use the lob pass, only when crossing really so need to have the passing so high - I thought it meant frequency of passing so I had it set in the 70's

Not sure I understand the shooting one, surely you just shoot whenever you have a decent chance?

The shooting is to do with when the AI is controlling your players and what positions they get into when you are attacking. If you have your shooting set to high they will sit on edge of box or go onto box and that leaves you exposed.

Now I could be wrong im just explaining it how I found it starting off. I'm using a lot more attacking tactics now but when I was getting caught out like you are I went really low values and got used to slow build ups and then just over time tweaked it up a bit at a time to a level I was comfortable with.

Advertisement