Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Fraudulent Transaction

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

RossieMan wrote: »
    With 2 credit cards taken, I'd be more worried about your computer. Have you checked for viruses/Trojans?

Boi are as much use now as a paper towel after a shower.
    I'm fairly tech savvy and have been using online shopping pretty much since it became a thing so i know what to look out for, my computer is protected against viruses/malware/etc, no accounts for anything else i use on my computer have had any attempts made to access them and as i said, one card was only used once to set up a Netflix sub months ago. I'm certain the problem isn't on my side.

The only problem is with the two pieces of plastic with the words: 'Bank of Ireland' on them. I agree with your sentiment that this bank are a joke when something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you ran malware bytes on it recently?

More so for your own benefit, I actually feel sorry for the staff who control these boards accounts. They have no powers and it should just be an automated reply to contact the phone at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

RossieMan wrote: »
    Have you ran malware bytes on it recently?
    Twice in the past week. One regular scan that i do weekly anyway and another one for safety after all this nonsense happened. Not a dickie bird on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Just chiming in to say I had two cards compromised in 4 months, not with AIB but a different bank. Same scenario - no unusual uses, no new places/websites I used them on; I am a software engineer so I know my way around computers, I can say without doubt I had/have no breaches there; Yet, after the first card was compromised in July, I wiped out all my PCs, my phone, tablet and whatever else.

It does sound to me like there's some major data leak somewhere, most likely not with the banks themselves but some providers/service(s) they use. You might want to run a full investigation, folks.

Or a company that some of you have used, more likely.

• Advertisement

Or a company that some of you have used, more likely.

Wow, 5 times...I'm not the only one having some issues with Boards.ie today :)

I've cross referenced, I haven't been using the same companies around both frauds - except for one thing, the Leap Card top-up app, which would also be one of my prime suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Huh, Just found this thread today. I too got hit with a €295.05 transaction on 01-Sep from "Jewjmc
    shen zhen shi gua".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

SgtBob wrote: »
    Huh, Just found this thread today. I too got hit with a €295.05 transaction on 01-Sep from "Jewjmc
    shen zhen shi gua".
    Hi SgtBob, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can I ask you to call 0818 365 365 (press option 1 followed by 2 on the menu) we'll need to arrange for your card to be cancelled and we can begin a fraud investigation into this transaction for you.

Thanks
    Nicola 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Just chiming in to say I had two cards compromised in 4 months, not with AIB but a different bank. Same scenario - no unusual uses, no new places/websites I used them on; I am a software engineer so I know my way around computers, I can say without doubt I had/have no breaches there; Yet, after the first card was compromised in July, I wiped out all my PCs, my phone, tablet and whatever else.

It does sound to me like there's some major data leak somewhere, most likely not with the banks themselves but some providers/service(s) they use. You might want to run a full investigation, folks.
    Hi H3llR4iser, can you let me know if you're a Bank of Ireland customer?

Thanks
    Nicola 

• Advertisement

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Hi H3llR4iser, can you let me know if you're a Bank of Ireland customer?

Thanks
    Nicola 
    I'm not a BOI customer Nicola, just trying to say that this issue with debit cards seems to be happening, in recent months, across all banks in Ireland - the most recent fraudolent transaction someone attempted on my own card had an Irish delivery address for the ordered goods. This would suggest to me that the issue is very much an Irish one - a data leak/breach somewhere, possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maryamc63

hi  We had fraud perpetuated on our account, and despite alerting BOI last Friday, and being given  a case id number, no one has got back to me. I called them today and was told all they can is email the team and 'usually by the second email, they respond'. It doesn't help that the bank statements don't tell me who the payments were made too, so I can't even chase up myself. Any advice on how to get this bank to respond in a timely manner would be great. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

maryamc63 wrote: »
    hi  We had fraud perpetuated on our account, and despite alerting BOI last Friday, and being given  a case id number, no one has got back to me. I called them today and was told all they can is email the team and 'usually by the second email, they respond'. It doesn't help that the bank statements don't tell me who the payments were made too, so I can't even chase up myself. Any advice on how to get this bank to respond in a timely manner would be great. thanks.
    Good Morning maryamc63, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, I apologise you have not received any contact from this team. If you would like to PM me your details I will arrange a call to you. Please click on the link below my name to do this.

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement