Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does rent to buy work if moving out of Ireland aftet few years

Options
  • 03-09-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Had a question on rent to buy mortgage..
    I wanted to take a mortgage to buy a small property in Dublin as i find my rentals have hit the roof..
    But what if i move out if Ireland in a few years ,is the morgage converted to buy to rent easily (if i decide to rent out ) and what is the increase in interest rates ?

Regards Raul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

RaulDublin wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Had a question on rent to buy mortgage..
    I wanted to take a mortgage to buy a small property in Dublin as i find my rentals have hit the roof..
    But what if i move out if Ireland in a few years ,is the morgage converted to buy to rent easily (if i decide to rent out ) and what is the increase in interest rates ?

Regards Raul

Very few if any rent to buy options these days. I guess you mean if you take out a home loan now and then move abroad and rent out your home. You are obliged to inform your mortgage provider. This may affect the interest rate you will be paying if on a variable rate as buy to let mortgage rates are normally higher. You should ask various lenders now what effect of any will it have if you decide to move abroad and let out your home.

Advertisement