Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velo Revolution winter jackets reviews?

Options
  • 03-09-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Hey fellow cyclists!
    So my club already have velo kit and as the season is approaching are considering their winter jackets. Does anyone know how good they are in terms of waterproofness (if that's a word) and wind resistance. We don't want something that soaks inside with condensation either (nothing worse)! We can get them in club colours for about €10 less than Castelli Gabba jackets, although the quality of Gabba goes without question. The Gabba's would not be club colours which isn't a deal breaker.

Cheers!
    Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm surprised that you are coming to boards for this information, Velrevolution are normally quite good at supplying samples and/or demonstrations of their kit.

Also, I'm confused, are you asking about the winter jacket or the hydra? You can't really compare the winter jacket to the gabba. One is primarily a wind/waterproof layer for cooler temps, whereas the other has a waterproof treatment (doesn't last) that is designed to keep you warm during the colder months.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

I have their Hydra Jersey which I mainly use for racing. It is an excellent Jersey in the rain, cant say it keeps you 100% dry in heavy rain but it keeps you at a nice temp and doesnt hold water that weighs you down . I also like it for evening races/training spins when its a bit cool but it wouldnt be great for cold winter training as they dont keep you that warm at lower Temperatures you would need extra layers thus defeating the purpose of the hydra . especially if you have it a tight fit which is hard to get layers underneath,

I found the Hydra hard wearing and easily washable and after 2 race seasons in some pretty crap conditions its still in great nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I'm surprised that you are coming to boards for this information, Velrevolution are normally quite good at supplying samples and/or demonstrations of their kit.

Also, I'm confused, are you asking about the winter jacket or the hydra? You can't really compare the winter jacket to the gabba. One is primarily a wind/waterproof layer for cooler temps, whereas the other has a waterproof treatment (doesn't last) that is designed to keep you warm during the colder months.

They're giving samples alright but you can't really fully gauge them until you've put it plenty of hours and weather conditions.
    It was the HYDRA i was talking about, didn't know the exact name. The other poster gave me what I wanted to hear

Advertisement