Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hookup Wire for Console Mods

Options
  • 03-09-2016 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Just wondering what wire everyone is using for modding and general electronic work? I'll be installing an RGB Bypass board into a Mega Drive soon and also need some good wire for other stuff like arduino nano boards, Modchips, region toggles etc etc.

There's gauge to consider, stranded/solid, core sizes themselves....then insulation type...(PVC, PTFE, PVDF (Kynar) etc etc). PVC seems to be the most common/cheapest but also melts really easily and is toxic when burned.

I have some 30AWG Kynar that I got with a PSOne modchip which was fine for that purpose as it's so tiny, however it's a little too small for other stuff like Sega Mega Drive mods.

If anyone knows good places to order it from it'd be great to know, thanks! :)

Advertisement