Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy site

Options
  • 03-09-2016 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭

Dont see the option anymore to use the old format. Any suggestions? I hate this new layout. cant even find the feedback area hence im posting here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Are you using a mobile device? On laptop, it still gives me the option of legacy before or after signing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

B00! wrote: »
    Are you using a mobile device? On laptop, it still gives me the option of legacy before or after signing in.

Laptop.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Should be in the top right, on the floating menu

https://i.gyazo.com/8c3c9f190bfae7bf2d40ec384161ee37.png

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I still using it,, I think its much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,554 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've only a mobile device and sometimes I swith to the full site to post a photo and I have clicked into the legacy site by accident!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,387 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

use it mostly

Remember when i was in the uk and the the layout of the site changed, i didnt knw what was going on. Whats the roaming abroad boards site called ???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Hi just can't get on with the new format at all, I have tried, but now I'm just using the legacy site, with my head firmly buried in the sand about the future of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Should be in the top right, on the floating menu

https://i.gyazo.com/8c3c9f190bfae7bf2d40ec384161ee37.png

Is that what Boards looks like to you? I keep hearing about this new site/legacy site thing, but I don't seem to notice anything different. It's just a plain blue and white screen with the search bar at the top, the BOARDS.IE logo and two drop-down menus for my username and my forums.

I don't have a Help|Legacy Site option in the very top bar, just the Talk To..., Topics, Regional, Adverts.ie.

Do I have the legacy site or did I just never notice there was a different one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

BBDBB wrote: »
    Hi just can't get on with the new format at all, I have tried, but now I'm just using the legacy site, with my head firmly buried in the sand about the future of it
    I do the same.
    Let's hope it stays an option for awhile!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Samaris wrote: »
    Is that what Boards looks like to you? I keep hearing about this new site/legacy site thing, but I don't seem to notice anything different. It's just a plain blue and white screen with the search bar at the top, the BOARDS.IE logo and two drop-down menus for my username and my forums.

I don't have a Help|Legacy Site option in the very top bar, just the Talk To..., Topics, Regional, Adverts.ie.

Yeah, sounds like you're on the legacy site. Which is the default afaik, since plans were shelved/postponed to switch everyone over to the new site. If you go to the bottom of your page you should see a link for the 'Responsive Site' - that's the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Samaris wrote: »

I dont actually use the new site, just switched over to show the op. You're using the old site by the looks of things.

The new site is crap, that is universally agreed on.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've moved this thread from After Hours to the Help Desk as it's a more appropriate forum for this.
    Please read the charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

maudgonner wrote: »
    Yeah, sounds like you're on the legacy site. Which is the default afaik, since plans were shelved/postponed to switch everyone over to the new site. If you go to the bottom of your page you should see a link for the 'Responsive Site' - that's the new one.

Huh, a whole new world opens to me! Although I poked said new world by switching around to the responsive site and fairly rapidly retreated back to this world.

The legacy site is simple, clean, straight-forward and pretty intuitive. The new one kinda looks like the old L&N supermarket logo exploded.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Dont see the option anymore to use the old format. Any suggestions? I hate this new layout. cant even find the feedback area hence im posting here
    Have you found th elink to Legacy yet? Either top right as suggested by GladDos or in the footer of any page on the site.
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    use it mostly

Remember when i was in the uk and the the layout of the site changed, i didnt knw what was going on. Whats the roaming abroad boards site called ???
    There is no different version of the site when roaming although users outside of Ireland default to the new site but can be switched back to legacy as above.
    B00! wrote: »
    I do the same.
    Let's hope it stays an option for awhile!
    There are no plans to retire it just yet :)
    GLaDOS wrote: »
    I dont actually use the new site, just switched over to show the op. You're using the old site by the looks of things.

The new site is crap, that is universally agreed on.

When we first introduced it, there were some things that still needed to be updated but the team are working away on it all of the time. Do drop in to check on it from time to time and see how it's going/changing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement