Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Picnic on RTE2 now

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I think he's pretty good. At least he can sing live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Jack Garrett - leave the marching powder alone

Thought that was just me imagining things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A !ot of what passes for music is really just gingers whinging about trying to get laid.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Ed Sheeran has a lot to answer for.

Jesus, though, that guy can really sing, in fairness.

Not my thing, but..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I like the 1975 but why have the presenters been pushing it all through the show that they are the headline, the one we have all been waiting for et al! Far better acts down there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Alison Spittle. Who and Why.

Cake disposal. Team leader. Also team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

stretchdoe wrote: »
    Jesus, though, that guy can really sing, in fairness.

Not my thing, but..

I'd agree, technically quite capable....i dunno, just seems to me there's a mountain of guys playing the same kind of stuff, all melds into one big indistinct blur. But hey that's just me...and the chap does seem to be popular anyway!

endacl wrote: »
    Cake disposal. Team leader. Also team.

I am sure this is funny but I haven't a clue what it means :D:D

A !ot of what passes for music is really just gingers whinging about trying to get laid.

Ooof, think I've spotted the post of the week.

That's actually a rather great dismissal of a lot of Millenial music these days. People warbling about their uninteresting issues. When Boy George and co sang, it was about societal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

whats a mog!

A Muppet/gob****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why do these type of threads turn into the usual RTE/Everything Irish is crap chat.

Do only negative people post on Boards, just like on thejournal.ie?

Been watching for the last couple of hours since Noel Gallagher, sound is grand, as is the camerawork.
    The 1975 is on now and coverage is fine.

There are restrictions on what they can show but the coverage seems no different to BBC Glastonbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why do these type of threads turn into the usual RTE/Everything Irish is crap chat.

Do only negative people post on Boards, just like on thejournali.ie

Been watching for the last couple of hours since Noel Gallagher, sound is grand, as is the camerawork.
    The 1975 is on now and coverage is fine.

There are restrictions on what they can show but the coverage seems no different to BBC Glastonbury.

Exactly. Maybe their tellys are like a shoe box and it sounds like ****. I'm loving it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

I'd agree, technically quite capable....i dunno, just seems to me there's a mountain of guys playing the same kind of stuff, all melds into one big indistinct blur. But hey that's just me...and the chap does seem to be popular anyway!

Yeah, doesn't appeal to me at all.

This kinda stuff is all pervasive at the moment, Ed Sherran, James Bay etc and 'indistinct blur' is a good description.

Was kinda just shocked at how technically good/proficient he was at it given that i was only vaguely aware of the name and had never listened to him before.

I realised while listening i had heard at least one of the songs before, possibly by osmosis which possibly says something about that sort of stuffs ubiquity.

niallo76 wrote: »
    A Muppet/gob****e

oh. Thats the new one then!! I wouldn't say Jenny Greene is a muppet in anyway, far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

stretchdoe wrote: »
    Yeah, doesn't appeal to me at all.

This kinda stuff is all pervasive at the moment, Ed Sherran, James Bay etc and 'indistinct blur' is a good description.

Was kinda just shocked at how technically good/proficient he was at it given that i was only vaguely aware of the name and had never listened to him before.

I realised while listening i had heard at least one of the songs before, possibly by osmosis which possibly says something about that sort of stuffs ubiquity.

I think he was number one right before Christmas and was on the radio a lot so you definitely heard it before. Bitter Pill.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

oh. Thats the new one then!! I wouldn't say Jenny Greene is a muppet in anyway, far from it.

Not Jenny,that other one,I think the difference with Glastonbury coverage is they show much more music,less talk.And it would have been nice to see LCD rather than last nights headliner!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hellfish08

stmol32 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song played when they break for ads?

Disclosure - you and me

Shazam'd it

niallo76 wrote: »
    Not Jenny,that other one,I think the difference with Glastonbury coverage is they show much more music,less talk.And it would have been nice to see LCD rather than last nights headliner!

Ah, I like Blathnaid also. Knows her stuff and very natural presenter and people person. Seems really down to earth. Does a few shows like o Tholg go Tholg on TG4 and she seems bang on. She also was Mileys daughter in Glenroe so she is RTE royalty I imagine!

RTE have to get the rights off the musicians to show their sets. and then there is contractual issues with organisers of EP also. Thats why you will see the likes of smaller musicians like Gavin James willing to show more whilst LCD Soundsystem and New Order wouldn't be as willing. Someone can explain it better I guess.
    BBC has the monetary power to buy full rights as far as I know to coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

hellfish08 wrote: »
    Disclosure - you and me

Shazam'd it

Legend...cheers ☺.
    Tried Shazzaming it but I wasn't quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Had a quick look at your posts in the Music forum there - absolutely hilarious.

You have the musical taste a slightly immature nine-year-old girl. Stick the radio back on there.

Abba, Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, The National, Beachhouse,
    Bloc Party, Bieber's Sorry.

All better than the Nas lad.

• Advertisement

Nas has a dozen Grammy nominations, countless awards, always counted as one as the most influential hip hop artists, and has been hailed as a lyricist genius by so many in the music business........ and you are telling us Justin Bieber and Britney Spears are better! !!! In fairness I'll go a little easy on you because you have clearly good taste with regard the national and bloc party but honestly.... you seen a 5 minute clip of him! Check out his proper catalogue, might tear you away from the Bieber muck !

Nas has a dozen Grammy nominations, countless awards, always counted as one as the most influential hip hop artists, and has been hailed as a lyricist genius by so many in the music business........ and you are telling us Justin Bieber and Britney Spears are better! !!! In fairness I'll go a little easy on you because you have clearly good taste with regard the national and bloc party but honestly.... you seen a 5 minute clip of him! Check out his proper catalogue, might tear you away from the Bieber muck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

The National and Bloc Party.
    Why are they better "taste" than Britney's Femme Fatale or Abba.

no reason at all! Britney is music mastery !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The National and Bloc Party.
    Why are they better "taste" than Britney's Femme Fatale or Abba.

You're comparing Britney and Bieber to Nas?

Really?

Serious question....how old are you?

Abba, Britney Spears' Femme Fatale, The National, Beachhouse,
    Bloc Party, Bieber's Sorry.

I suspect Nas might not really..."work" in a field in Laois.

But he has had a career with huge critical acclaim, and Illmatic will go down in the history of hip hop. Don't particularly like it...but appreciate Nas place in music.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

whats with all this Al Porter knocking??

i think he's great gas

philstar wrote: »
    whats with all this Al Porter knocking??

i think he's great gas

The problem is, so does Al.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^^

but all comedians think they're great fun, otherwise they wouldn't be in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Al Porter is a two trick pony... Gay jokes and slagging where he's from.. The gay jokes are about 20 years old... Look up Julian clary

philstar wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

but all comedians think they're great fun, otherwise they wouldn't be in it

Not all comedians have to keep telling you, and Al does it more than any other comedian I know, second place goes to Brendan O'Carroll, who seems to spend an inordinate amount of time telling us how good he is.

Fine if that is your thing, but Al does nothing for me but annoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

When did social life become so competitive?

It's seems anyone who wasn't at electric picnic just wants to have a small go at anyone who was, and vice versa.

Gone are the times when you'd consider a weekend away with friends a bit of a blessing for your group and hopefully make some nice memories rather than the 'look at how much fun we're having' as it seems to have turned into.

My money stays put where it belongs on this one - in my bank account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

watching highlights from the 2016 Hyde park concerts on Sky Arts now.

would put rtes music coverage to shame

Stevie Wonder on now. Always wondered with him being blind could they not just tell him hes playing in London while he could just be playing at home with a crowd noise tape on lol. (bit of dark humour there sorry if i offended anyone). Brillent artist though

Advertisement