Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WCPW: Stacked - Live Now on Youtube

• 03-09-2016 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

WCPW are currently live streaming a show on Youtube at the moment. Eric Bischoff made an appearance earlier.

Just been watching Drew Galloway defeat Doug Williams in what was an okay match. Later on they will have Will Ospreay vs Marty Scurll which should be terrific.

They also said earlier that Kurt Angle would be appearing next month and that Bret Hart would appear too.

WhatCulture must have a decent amount of money to attract these names?

Anyway you can check it out on their page here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOicVx2F4E

Update: Actually Ospreay vs Scurll is about to start right now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ospreay vs Scurll was very good as expected. There was a brief moment where they looked a bit off but it didn't hurt the spectacle.

Cody Rhodes vs Kurt Angle will be on their show next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The Osprey Scrull match up was just as fun as I expected. A lot of the same spots they do together on other promotions, including last month at OTT, but they still look awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Am I the only one that is over Grado at this stage?

The novelty wore off long ago IMO.

Will the show with Cody vs Angle be streamed on YouTube or is this just a one off?

Will the show with Cody vs Angle be streamed on YouTube or is this just a one off?

I hope it will. I love the idea of a Saturday evening card live on Youtube each month.

First time I saw Nixon Newell tonight as well. I could see her winding up in NXT down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Great show. A bit more money into their production value and they will have a serious promotion on their hands. All main story lines have been booked very well so far.

The finish for the Stacked main event
    was excellent, setting up a feud between Hendry and Connors for the title, and a side feud between Rampage and Damo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who's funding all this I wonder?

WCPW is part of WhatCulture, formerly Obsessed With Film, which covers various forms of content and has been on the go since 2006: https://whatculture.com/about-us. They publish a host of podcasts, YouTube content and written articles.

With 10million unique readers/viewers per month, you'd imagine the company generates a decent income. Their wrestling YouTube channel alone has probably generated nearly £500k since it started in 2014 (going on a very crude estimate of £1 per 1000 views).

There could also be some backing from an outside source to fund WCPW, but if the costs of their shows are around the £20k - £50k mark (I'm completely guessing here), I'd imagine they'd probably have access to that sort of money internally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

I'm sure Alex Shane is charging a fair chunk to do all the production on the wrestling show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You'd wonder with TNA not far from carcass do WCPW see themselves realistically growing into something bigger.

The UK scene has been red hot for a while now. What culture has a decent following in the US. Probably pie in the sky but could UK go worldwide via this new WCPW venture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

just came home from work and the battle royal is on. Nice to see Pete Dunne there, seen a couple of times at OOT and enjoying Doug Williams being Mr.Brit-exit. Something different by making Pin Fall's & Tap out count in a battle royal.

WCPW put up a show on their Youtube page featuring a main event of Rey Mysterio vs Will Ospreay. Other matches include Jay Lethal vs Zack Sabre Junior and Ricochet vs Angelico.

I just got done watching Mysterio vs Ospreay which was very good. I still have to check out the rest. You can view it here:

The main event starts at 2:52.

Did YouTube change their rules regarding ad revenues for wrestling, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Neil3030 wrote:
    Did YouTube change their rules regarding ad revenues for wrestling, does anyone know?

Apparently yes, or at least WCPW got around it anyways, they've resurrected their weekly show.

Advertisement