Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannonball is back next Wkend (9th - 11th)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Can't wait, I'm doing wingman for my buddy in a 488

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What is the route. I don't see it on the mobile site

Dublin - Westport - Galway - Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll be there in Tullamore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Autosport wrote: »
    I'll be there in Tullamore :D
    Its goin cavan sligo westport does it go back threw midlands?

• Advertisement

Old Perry wrote: »
    Its goin cavan sligo westport does it go back threw midlands?

It's on the route on day 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

mickdw wrote: »
    What is the route. I don't see it on the mobile site

It is there,

http://www.cannonball.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=2

If that link doesn't work just click the word "cannonball" in the red banner an then route.

It is there,

http://www.cannonball.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=2

If that link doesn't work just click the word "cannonball" in the red banner an then route.

Yep couldn't find it earlier. Page was slow to load or something.
    I going to westport to see them. Might stay over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I won't see it this year as it is too far out of the way. Last year it went past my house and stopped down the road.

xabi wrote: »
    Can't wait, I'm doing wingman for my buddy in a 488

I must admit I am slightly jealous :rolleyes: Take plenty of pics and post them here..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

No visit to cork this year1

• Advertisement

ofcork wrote: »
    No visit to cork this year1
    1.30pm Sat at Bunratty nearest for you. Hour and a half travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I hope the speed-vans keep well back out of their way....in the interests of safety

No agera zonda or carrera gt this year need to get a veyron owner involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Coming into bunratty on Saturday. I'll head out but wouldn't one think they would tip the 8 miles further into Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

what time do they start off at the three 3 arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

A few cars will be at the 3 Arena from 6pm this evening but the main event will start at around 10 am tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Coming into bunratty on Saturday. I'll head out but wouldn't one think they would tip the 8 miles further into Limerick?

They want their rims for the return leg

Jesus. wrote: »
    They want their rims for the return leg

I'll take the ban happily but would you ever go f u c k yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I'll take the ban happily but would you ever go f u c k yourself.

Only jokin Horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Where are they parking up in Westport? And are they going through Sligo town centre?!

• Advertisement

Where are they parking up in Westport?

I hope it's not one of the out of town hotels as I'm staying in town centre tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Right guys, git over 120 photos and a couple of videos today of the cars gathering together. I was there for a good few hours.

I will link up the album shortly, once I have them all uploaded!

Right, let me know if this works!

https://www.facebook.com/AlanJZR/media_set?set=a.10209614071602537.1073741859.1050871085&type=3&pnref=story

I think you may need a Facebook account to view, but I've made the album public.

Apologies for the third post! Videos and photos all seem to be viewable now! 124 photos and 3 videos! Enjoy!

Jesus. wrote: »
    Only jokin Horse

Fair enough but the anti Limerick jokes wear very thin my friend.

Oh I ❤️ The Mustangs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭selectamatic

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

Just the 4 pics from Charlestown this evening as the phone was near dead and I hate trying to see cars and take pics at the same time :rolleyes:

I was in the at first town as I thought they would be going out the old road joining up with the main N5 between charlestown and swinford. However they went out the knock road and down onto the bypass that way.

It was pretty congested in town so after a few cars I went down as far as the main junction onto the bypass as there was much more room and a better chance of getting to see the cars stretch their legs. ;)

The last pic is of the straight the cars were turning onto :D

Highlight of the day was seeing a lambo drop a cog and stay going to the red line to pass out a wide load convoy which consisted of a bog digger with extra wide tracks on a lowloader that was holding up about 5 super cars.
    (A true only in Ireland moment)

Encouraging a young fella in a PS13 silvia to throw a few shapes leaving the same junction among the exotic metal was a sight befitting Ireland and its car scene too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭cullow123

A few cars from yesterday:
    [IMG][/img]wLKUvjQ.jpg

[IMG][/img]v92b0OI.jpg

[IMG][/img]LFNC4Nb.jpg

Whats the most expensive this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 bizleads

why there are no cars with Irish number plates? it seems all came from UK

Because it would be cheaper to keep those cars registered to a uk address than pay the 10's of thousands or even 100's of thousands vrt liable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Anyone know the best way to track where they are at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Caught a bunch of Cannonballers enroute to Tullamore this afternoon..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10210646770745940.1073741869.1247993385&type=1&l=6424e7aa57

https://vimeo.com/182306479

One from Friday

Bit of a let down this year, alot of very average, BMWs and Mercs in it. And they jammed them into a ****ty carpark in Tullamore with rubbish/couches dumped in the corners, ya couldn't really look at them right as parked so tight together/crowds.

Scumbag parents were practically letting their little angels climb on the cars, I think a couple of lambo owners left early in disgust at carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I thought it was better organised this year when we went to tullamore. In previous years we were left waiting hours for them to arrive and didn't get close ups of many of the cars. This year we got there at 2:30 and got just enough time to have a spy before watching them all drive off. Some very nice motors there, some new and different ones, it was getting a bit samey with the same cars there every year.

Agreed with what the previous poster said about some spectators. If I won the lotto and bought a spectacular motor, I'd never enter Cannonball and if I did I wouldn't park my car there or I would watch it like a hawk. The amount of people I seen leaning on wing mirrors, leaning on spoilers, resting their backside on the side of a car. Seen one kid kicking about gravel and a few stones hitting the side of a car.

They were late getting to Wexford my friend was waiting for over 2 hours and just left. Same cars has last year so I didn't take many pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

They were late getting to Wexford my friend was waiting for over 2 hours and just left. Same cars has last year so I didn't take many pics.

Reckon so, they were still coming tru Bunclody well after six, thank god for the UK competitors ,made it look interesting at least

The route map was useless today aswell. They took a totally different road into tullamore than advertised.

Fierce badly done all round this year.

They need to do something different next year try to get more exotics involved no matter where they are from would love to see a P1 laferrari Porsche 918 Bugatti etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I did enjoy seeing the cars pass through my village yesterday and light it up on the way out but I don't think I will go see it again unless as the previous poster said it gets some proper exotics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Wexford town was, umm.. interesting last night. Lots of burn outs being pulled on the docks. 8-)

We parked up on the N11 and caught them coming in, a lot of them would drop a gear or two with very little encouragement. :)

There was a coming together of three supercars on the bypass, ouch. No real damage done though, thank the flying pasta man.

We got to the quay road just in time to catch them coming into the town. They must have staged up near the roundabout on the Rosslare road somewhere. There were a few misery guts drivers, but most were willing to perform for quite a large crowd. I had a great evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    In previous years we were left waiting hours for them to arrive
    They were late getting to Wexford my friend was waiting for over 2 hours and just left.

Why do people seem to think they have to arrive on time? Its a rally for their enjoyment, not the spectators :confused: I remember reading the torrent of abuse they got last year for being late and kids left out in the cold, completely unwarranted. You'd swear people were paying for tickets or something.

Then why post up times if you're not going to keep to them.

Then why post up times if you're not going to keep to them.

Because its a rally for their enjoyment, not yours? You've paid nothing to attend except your time :confused: Departures are late, cars get stopped, you need to regroup before you arrive in town. Speaking from working on the larger rallies in the US, its a nightmare if you have cars flying in from all directions. We should actually be glad the Cannonball isn't point to point like Bullrun for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

ironclaw wrote: »
    Because its a rally for their enjoyment, not yours? You've paid nothing to attend except your time
    Actually was it not to raise funds for Pieta House this year?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Actually was it not to raise funds for Pieta House this year?

It was, but the majority of that comes from participant entrance fee's, donations and sponsorship. I think they also have collection buckets on the rounds when the arrive.

Either way, free event and people give out about it. I just don't understand.

ironclaw wrote: »
    It was, but the majority of that comes from participant entrance fee's, donations and sponsorship. I think they also have collection buckets on the rounds when the arrive.

Either way, free event and people give out about it. I just don't understand.

So they don't want people to turn up?

Is excellent as a free event to be fair, for kids mostly though.
    Would like to take part if I had suitable vehicle.
    I went to see it in westport. Maybe I'm getting old but the lambos etc revving at the finish line was tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

So they don't want people to turn up?

The drivers couldn't give a crap about you at the side of the road and would do the event even if no one showed up to watch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement