Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband speed in outskirts wexford

Options
  • 03-09-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

my friend today was signed up to broadband in your store in wexford town and was told he will recieve 30 meg broadband. how is this possible his two nearest exchanges are at best as the crow flies 2km from his house. i live in dub and am less than 500 meters from my exchange less from the cab and all i can get is 12 but up to 24. his two closest exchanges are killinick and broadway which are both FTTC enabled but even still more than 2k to the house i doubt 30 meg. can you advise if he should go ahead with the install new line going to the house

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

curryman wrote: »
    my friend today was signed up to broadband in your store in wexford town and was told he will recieve 30 meg broadband. how is this possible his two nearest exchanges are at best as the crow flies 2km from his house. i live in dub and am less than 500 meters from my exchange less from the cab and all i can get is 12 but up to 24. his two closest exchanges are killinick and broadway which are both FTTC enabled but even still more than 2k to the house i doubt 30 meg. can you advise if he should go ahead with the install new line going to the house
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]curryman,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, the speed he will receive will depend on his line capability. There would need to be an active line present to obtain an accurate prequal on this I'm afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement