Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Lottery Winners

• 03-09-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Those who were lucky enough to get a slot via the lottery (of which I am one) are to start in wave 4 regardless of ability.

What if anything is stopping them jumping into a different wave, I assume your chip will work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭sassyj

Colour coded numbers, stewards at each pen entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

sassyj wrote: »
    Colour coded numbers, stewards at each pen entrance

They always have them a I never remember them being that thorough.

Just playing devils advocate here, not trying to be awkward. I'm not that bothered about starting in wave 4 but it seems to be an issue for people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

rooneyjm wrote: »
    They always have them a I never remember them being that thorough.

Just playing devils advocate here, not trying to be awkward. I'm not that bothered about starting in wave 4 but it seems to be an issue for people

If I was thinking of hopping into another pen I wouldn't be saying it in a thread thats for sure...

Like others on here saying they got their entry for 70 quid when others were charged more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

They were additional entries created and distributed in good faith, for people who didn't register on time. Kind of runs against the spirit of creating these additional spots to jump straight into breaking the organizer's rules, no? Better to not take up the offer of the spot and let someone who is happy to run in wave 4?

They were additional entries created and distributed in good faith, for people who didn't register on time. Kind of runs against the spirit of creating these additional spots to jump straight into breaking the organizer's rules, no? Better to not take up the offer of the spot and let someone who is happy to run in wave 4?

I agree with you totally but organisers have been inundated with requests to move wave and are refusing. for every email they get there is probably 3 more thinking the same thing.

• Advertisement

joesoap5 wrote: »
    If I was thinking of hopping into another pen I wouldn't be saying it in a thread thats for sure...

Like others on here saying they got their entry for 70 quid when others were charged more.

I did think twice about posting it but whats the point burying your head in the sand and pretending it's not an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Race organisers warn people that event will sell out. The event sells out and people aren't happy.

Organisers then, after a lot of work and meetings (I've nothing to do with marathon btw), get extra places agreed for the event. Organisers announce process for these extra places and people aren't happy.

Organisers then release the numbers and from what I've seen, people aren't happy about having to start in Wave 4.

No matter what the organisers have done/will do, people don't seem to be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

I'm just happy I've been given a second chance to enter, only easing my way back from injury and hard to tell if I'll even make it to the start line but if I do I'll have no problem starting in wave 4, I'll just take my time and enjoy what is shaping up to be the best DCM yet.

I did think twice about posting it but whats the point burying your head in the sand and pretending it's not an issue

I don't think posting it here is going to resolve the issue (for the runners anyway) it will probably only make runners who are in their correct pen more vigilant and watchful of others coming into the pen who aren't ligit which could make things tense on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

If I'm doing it (I haven't really started training yet but have an entry from lottery) I was going to post either here or Facebook see did anyone else want to meet up and run together , I'm sure there's enough of a mixture in wave 4 to have little groups running same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mr abbey

I don't think posting it here is going to resolve the issue (for the runners anyway) it will probably only make runners who are in their correct pen more vigilant and watchful of others coming into the pen who aren't ligit which could make things tense on the day.

Wouldn't worry or get caught up about it. Always loads of people jumping barriers, etc. And 70 euro is the same price as a what lot of earlier entrants paid. Just try to enjoy and run your own race on the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

What if anything is stopping them jumping into a different wave,
    This fella takes no **** from anyone..not even hot calinīs

Mr abbey wrote: »
    Wouldn't worry or get caught up about it. Always loads of people jumping barriers, etc. And 70 euro is the same price as a what lot of earlier entrants paid. Just try to enjoy and run your own race on the day!

I couldn't care less about it.
    Good luck to them if they get away with it

So in a nutshell, its bad form but if you can do it on the qt your chip will still work.

So in a nutshell, its bad form but if you can do it on the qt your chip will still work.

well its not like you're wearing something out of a Bond movie

well its not like you're wearing something out of a Bond movie

Thanks Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

It's quite simple to only activate wave 4 chips after the gun goes off for wave 4, which would mean that anyone who goes in another wave wouldn't feature in the results.

It's quite simple to only activate wave 4 chips after the gun goes off for wave 4, which would mean that anyone who goes in another wave wouldn't feature in the results.

Should've kept it to himself

I'd imagine that could be risky if you had a technical hitch you'do have some very miserable campers. Even worse flack than already on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

If the correct pen is important to you, go out hard hard at the start and you might catch up to the correct pen - problem solved
    :D
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

If correct pen was that important to you, you would of signed up before it sold out.

Just be happy you are in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Is there a National championship pen at the start of DCM? Gun time applies I assume for club runners not chip time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

youngrun wrote: »
    Is there a National championship pen at the start of DCM? Gun time applies I assume for club runners not chip time.

I would say you need a qualifying time to get into the top pen. Which is fair enough

I would say you need a qualifying time to get into the top pen. Which is fair enough

I don't think there is an elite wave. Wave 1 covers everything down to about 4 hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sure what's stopping people just running the route for free the next day?

endacl wrote: »
    Sure what's stopping people just running the route for free the next day?

We wouldn't have happy people like you clapping us on

Advertisement