Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Colemania wrote: »
    How do you enter the astro pitches there? I live by the beacon so I assume they're the pitches on your right as you go up drummartin link road from the beacon? Dunno how you get into them though!

I think that's the GAA club, not Benildus which is a little further down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Benildus.png

Thursday 7-8pm, Benildus College

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    3. Manufactured Miracle ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Pter ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Officer999 ✓
    10. Laudrup1 ✓
    11. Karlrocks23 ✓
    12. guile4582 ✓

Available
    1. tmc86
    2. manafana

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

manafana wrote:
    on cost point of view what is cost of benildus pitches, if people are paying 6 euro how much of it goes towards pitch and what happens to rest?

Does it matter how much it costs? The fee is €6 which is a good going rate, and any extra can go towards bibs, balls or no shows. Josh has already paid for the bibs so only fair that it paid for by all using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Benildus.png

Only up the road so, grand job!

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Does it matter how much it costs? The fee is €6 which is a good going rate, and any extra can go towards bibs, balls or no shows. Josh has already paid for the bibs so only fair that it paid for by all using them.

Pretty much. The rent is €60, i'm not charging myself, and the rest goes against balls and bibs etc. I'm gonna get another few balls when im paid on Friday.

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Pter ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Officer999 ✓
    10. Laudrup1 ✓
    11. Karlrocks23 ✓
    12. guile4582 ✓

Available
    1. tmc86
    2. manafana

Pretty much. The rent is €60, i'm not charging myself, and the rest goes against balls and bibs etc. I'm gonna get another few balls when im paid on Friday.

What do you mean by not charging yourself?

What do you mean by not charging yourself?

I havent yet anyway. The bibs cost €35, the ball cost €22. As I said, i'm going to buy another few balls on Friday.

This isnt a financial venture for me. Its about playing football. I wanted to find a sixaside group, but I couldn't find one, so I made this. Now we have a regular game for those who are interested.

I havent yet anyway. The bibs cost €35, the ball cost €22. As I said, i'm going to buy another few balls on Friday.

This isnt a financial venture for me. Its about playing football. I wanted to find a sixaside group, but I couldn't find one, so I made this.

Cool that's what I figured

• Advertisement

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Pter ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Officer999 ✓
    10. Laudrup1 ✓
    11. Karlrocks23 ✓
    12. guile4582 ✓

Available
    1. tmc86
    2. manafana

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

It's clearly no intention of his, but with all the effort Josh has gone through to get this off the ground I wouldn't even mind if he was in the plus after a few games! It's going brilliantly so far.

Also, is it the pitches to the left of that white roofed building yeah?

Looking forward to the next game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's clearly no intention of his, but with all the effort Josh has gone through to get this off the ground I wouldn't even mind if he was in the plus after a few games! It's going brilliantly so far

+1 on this.

All the sussing out of venues, the initiative to run it and the organising (which from experience can be a total pain and a risk), the least he deserves is "free" games and if there's anything leftover after bibs etc, nobody would begrudge him being in the plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads coming from the "cork city" 6a side which started out like this is. You HAVE to make money per match for bibs balls etc. if you don't trust the lad collecting the money then don't play!! In our game in Cork the lad who runs it doesnt even collect money.. there's a big see through pencil case/make up bag behind the goal and lads put there keys in that and the money goes into it to!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

MrMac84 wrote: »
    You HAVE to make money per match for bibs balls etc.

Costs money to keep the show on the road alright MM - it's a simple fact. We spent about €100 on new footballs and carry-nets only a fortnight ago. We've also got 3 sets of bibs in various states of disrepair that need to be replaced every-so-often. OP played with our crowd for many months and I can say with certainty that his motivation is nothing more than getting a regular kick-about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Costs money to keep the show on the road alright MM - it's a simple fact. We spent about €100 on new footballs and carry-nets only a fortnight ago. We've also got 3 sets of bibs in various states of disrepair that need to be replaced every-so-often. OP played with our crowd for many months and I can say with certainty that his motivation is nothing more than getting a regular kick-about.

tbf I just asked the question for sake of transparency, so its made clear what cost is for pitch and what is extra

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

manafana wrote: »
    tbf I just asked the question for sake of transparency, so its made clear what cost is for pitch and what is extra

Ah I know that sure. I'd like to see OP and y'all get a game established and know the work that goes into it so said I'd comment. Sorry, I didn't mean for anyone to think I was having a go at them! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Greg12345

Hey Josh, i am just back to Dublin, any spots there left for Thursday?

Will give due notice - ill be unavailable because of work committments this week and next - sorry just landed in work to find an email telling me this. Have fun lads!

Will give due notice - ill be unavailable because of work committments this week and next - sorry just landed in work to find an email telling me this. Have fun lads!

Thanks for the advance notice.

• Advertisement

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Greg ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Officer999 ✓
    10. Laudrup1 ✓
    11. Karlrocks23 ✓
    12. guile4582 ✓

Available
    1. tmc86
    2. manafana
    3. Deedsie

(Greg in for Pter)

Also, is it the pitches to the left of that white roofed building yeah?

Yeah, they are the ones I thought it was when I made the booking. Unfortunately it's actually the other pitches, which are similar to the boxed off '5aside' pitches that UCD have (see attachment). They are a little old and not as big as what I would like. That kind of rules Benildus out long term (as the other pitches won't be available), but it should be fine for a one off on Thursday.

So, looking forward to meeting the Wesley College Facilities Guy tomorrow for a 'home' for the SixaSide. I visited there on Sunday and the facilities they have are excellent - hopefully I can come to an arrangement with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Not to worry, the smaller size help us to focus on our close game :)

I do miss playing in Wesley, they're really awesome pitches. It'll be interesting to see what he says.

I do miss playing in Wesley, they're really awesome pitches. It'll be interesting to see what he says.

Yeah, they are really good. The guy seems sound, so hopefully twill work out! Would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

Hey Josh. I won't be able to make this thursday. Dissappointed to have to drop out but will be available for the following week. Enjoy lads.

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Greg ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Laudrup1 ✓
    10. Karlrocks23 ✓
    11. guile4582 ✓
    12. tmc86

Available
    1. manafana
    2. Deedsie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Hi Josh, I won't be able to make Thursday, they are proving difficult at the moment!cheers

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Greg ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Laudrup1 ✓
    10. Karlrocks23 ✓
    11. guile4582 ✓
    12. manafana

Available
    1. Deedsie

yes, i can confirm for thursday.

Played benildus last friday, surface is fine and pitch quiet wide so 12 players their is still alot of space. Although the rebounds are annoying with goals outside of wall.

Tell me this what rules do we play if any?

• Advertisement

also meant add, worth looking into a friday game from my end, Fridays are either cheaper or much quieter, played last friday and we played for 1hr 15-30 because pitches are mostly quiet, just an idea.

Advertisement