Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

The first rule of S. Dublin Six-a-Side
    is that there is no S. Dublin Six-a-Side

manafana wrote: »
    yes, i can confirm for thursday.

Played benildus last friday, surface is fine and pitch quiet wide so 12 players their is still alot of space. Although the rebounds are annoying with goals outside of wall.

Tell me this what rules do we play if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Thursday 7-8pm, Benildus College

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    3. Manufactured Miracle ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Greg ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Laudrup1 ✓
    10. Karlrocks23 ✓
    11. guile4582 ✓
    12. manafana ✓

Available
    1. Deedsie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

manafana wrote: »
    yes, i can confirm for thursday.

Played benildus last friday, surface is fine and pitch quiet wide so 12 players their is still alot of space. Although the rebounds are annoying with goals outside of wall.

Tell me this what rules do we play if any?

Presuming the goals are the ones I am thinking of, quite small height wise, then I assume the only rule really will be no shooting inside the goalkeepers semi circle area, i.e. For tap ins. That's the only rule we used to play in a 6 a side league with those style goals before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Colemania wrote: »
    Presuming the goals are the ones I am thinking of, quite small height wise, then I assume the only rule really will be no shooting inside the goalkeepers semi circle area, i.e. For tap ins. That's the only rule we used to play in a 6 a side league with those style goals before

Only scoring inside the box is far more enjoyable I think..makes for a better game.
    keeps the ball on the ground and better passing game

anyone can toe bog from the halfway line :)

I'm not in favour of either of those rules tbh.

Luckily, it will only be an issue for this one game.

Let's see how we get on Thursday.

• Advertisement

guile4582 wrote: »
    Only scoring inside the box is far more enjoyable I think..makes for a better game.
    keeps the ball on the ground and better passing game

anyone can toe bog from the halfway line :)

You'd want to be an awful keeper to let in a goal from the halfway line in those size goals! :P

I'm not in favour of either of those rules tbh.

Luckily, it will only be an issue for this one game.

Let's see how we get on Thursday.

Ya sure I was only coming from experience. To be honest, there was only ever 1 or 2 goals disallowed throughout the whole league for goals scored inside the box so it's not too frequent anyway. Also I dunno if I'm explaining it clearly but the goalkeepers area was tiny, as in you could step out of the box from your goal line with 1 big step :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

think that box rule is to stop those awful rebound shots from way goals are that result in crappy goals, as mentioned boxes are much smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Those rules are such a pain in practice as there's always arguments as to whether "that shot" was inside or outside.

Those rules are such a pain in practice as there's always arguments as to whether "that shot" was inside or outside.

played a game for two years with these rules, you get used to them...but its whatever is best for the pitch in use, player ability and consensus etc.

long balls/long shots in 5/6 aside kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

I can definitely see the pros and cons of rules and having/not having rules.

When I play indoor 5-a-side on Tuesdays with a few friends we play the rule that you can only shoot inside your own half. It works very well. It encourages more of a tactical approach for attacks, but you can still have an opportunistic shot.

To start I'd probably play a completely open game, but if I was to bring a rule in, it would be that one. I'd get frustrated only being able to shoot inside the box. But that's just me!

Hi folks,

Great news - have come to an arrangement with the Facilities Manager in Wesley College.

We will have games there on Thursday evenings from 8:15 to 9:15. Down the road, we can add Tuesday 8:15 to 9:15.

I need to get insurance and work out some of the details but the agreement is there.

Hopefully we can start on Thurs 6th but it may be Thurs 13th - i'll keep ye updated.

It's a lovely Astro pitch, good location, good parking. Delighted.

Thursday 29th, 7-8pm, Benildus College

1. Josh ✓
    2. Superfurry1 ✓
    3. Manufactured Miracle ✓
    4. Singer73 ✓
    5. martineatworld ✓
    6. Colemania ✓
    7. Greg ✓
    8. Mgoraf ✓
    9. Laudrup1 ✓
    10. Karlrocks23 ✓
    11. guile4582 ✓
    12. manafana ✓

Available
    1. Deedsie

Hi folks,

Great news - have come to an arrangement with the Facilities Manager in Wesley College.

We will have games there on Thursday evenings from 8:15 to 9:15. Down the road, we can add Tuesday 8:15 to 9:15.

I need to get insurance and work out some of the details but the agreement is there.

Hopefully we can start on Thurs 6th but it may be Thurs 13th - i'll keep ye updated.

It's a lovely Astro pitch, good location, good parking. Delighted.

Fantastic stuff Josh, well done!

Thanks Josh, appreciate all the seriously hard work you've put in.

Great stuff Josh. Now you can start organising the luxury bus to bring me to and from the game ...

Singer73 wrote: »
    Great stuff Josh. Now you can start organising the luxury bus to bring me to and from the game ...

:pac:

Thanks lads, another good runabout tonight. Not a fan of those goals and the hoardings though! It's like indoor football.

Next match... we're home!

I'm self medicating with wine at the moment. Should be ok for next week.

quote="S.Dublin 6aside;101201271"]Thanks lads, another good runabout tonight. Not a fan of those goals and the hoardings though! It's like indoor football.

Next match... we're home!
    [/quote]

Yeah it was good craic alright, thanks again Josh! It'll be a nice treat going back to proper goals next week! Looking forward to playing at my home turf....

Watch out!!

• Advertisement

Cheers again Josh, was a good run out.

Yeah I'm gonna blame the pitch for my groin muscle pulling early...

Looking forward to the new pitch, Wesley is a great catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Great game tonight lads thanks for organising my legs hurt.

It was a good run out alright. The goals were a right pain but it was a fairly wide pitch so it was actually grand for a run around

is wesley astro or hard hockey pitch?

guile4582 wrote: »
    is wesley astro or hard hockey pitch?

Astro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

How was the pitch?

I loved that pitch last night (astro with hoardings and half goals), no issues with the goals etc. but thats what I am used to

different strokes as they say..generally happy out with astro in any form. played a league on hockey pitches, wet winter nights forget about it, games are not enjoyable at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Cheers for the game last night lads!

Thursday 8:15 - 9:15pm, Wesley College

1. Josh ✓
    2. Karlrocks23
    3. Superfurry1
    4. Colemania
    5. Laudrup1
    6. Singer73
    7. Frank
    8. Manufactured Miracle
    9. Mgoraf
    10.guile4582
    11.Senor Fancy Pants
    12.Officer999

Available

• Advertisement

Looking forward to Thursday lads! (confirmed)

Advertisement