Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S. Dublin Six-a-Side

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Wont make it this week lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭el_____nino

Confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭S.Dublin 6aside

Thursday 23rd March, 8:15-9:15pm, Wesley

1. Colemania (balls/ bibs) ✓
    2. Josh ✓
    3. El_Nino ✓
    4. Rob ✓
    5. Pter ✓
    6. NullObjects
    7. Homerthompson
    8. Manafana
    9. Karl
    10. Jonwang

Available

Wesley College - Google Maps
    Pitch Location

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jonwang

confirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEZR_a2QaCg video from the 9th

• Advertisement

2. Josh ✓
    3. El_Nino ✓
    4. Rob ✓
    5. Pter ✓
    6. Jonwang ✓
    7. Pacman ✓
    8. Manafana
    9. Karl
    10. NullObjects
    11. Homerthompson

Available

Pitch Location

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

confirmed

2. Josh ✓
    3. El_Nino ✓
    4. Rob ✓
    5. Pter ✓
    6. Jonwang ✓
    7. Pacman ✓
    8. Manafana ✓
    9. Karl
    10. NullObjects
    11. Homerthompson

Available

Pitch Location

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭homerthompson

Confirmed

2. Josh ✓
    3. El_Nino ✓
    4. Rob ✓
    5. Pter ✓
    6. Jonwang ✓
    7. Pacman ✓
    8. Manafana ✓
    9. Homerthompson ✓
    10. NullObjects
    11. Karl

Available

Pitch Location

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

. . . CONFIRMED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Available thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Confirmed for this week. Sorry for late response wasn't checking the thread

2. Josh ✓
    3. El_Nino ✓
    4. Rob ✓
    5. Pter ✓
    6. Jonwang ✓
    7. Pacman ✓
    8. Manafana ✓
    9. Homerthompson ✓
    10. NullObjects ✓
    11. Karl ✓
    12. Superfurry ✓

Available
    Tadhg

Pitch Location

worse of weather out way today

Good game lads. Couldn't separate the teams.

Did I hear mention of a league starting soon? Are we still working towards entering a team?

personally wouldn't be interested in league, they are quiet costly without some sort of corporate sponsorship to sub the cost. But im but one man

When we were looking at leagues before we started the current format Thursday game, we were talking around €6 per week, iirc.

Pter wrote: »
    When we were looking at leagues before we started the current format Thursday game, we were talking around €6 per week, iirc.

its alot more than 6euro, the cost for 11 a side is 6.30 per game but thats based on 15 players which is deceiving, i think 5-6 a side worked out near 8euro based on 7 players, playing league also means we go from having 12 guys playing to just 7-8

11 aside does weirdly cost more per player than the 6 aside leagues. You would think it would cost less, but i suppose it costs more to use the bigger pitch.

Would have to look again, but the costs we looked at before are here.

5.71 per player per week based on a 10 man squad. Considering we always get the 10, but sometimes struggle for the 11th or 12th man (and have to rope in friends), i think its worth having the discussion.

Anyway, I think the format we have now is brilliant, so its not he be all and end all - we could even look at at this as an additional night rather than a replacement for Thurs in Wesley.

• Advertisement

11 aside does weirdly cost more per player than the 6 aside leagues. You would think it would cost less, but i suppose it costs more to use the bigger pitch.

Would have to look again, but the costs we looked at before are here.

5.71 per player per week based on a 10 man squad. Considering we always get the 10, but sometimes struggle for the 11th or 12th man (and have to rope in friends), i think its worth having the discussion.

Anyway, I think the format we have now is brilliant, so its not he be all and end all - we could even look at at this as an additional night rather than a replacement for Thurs in Wesley.

5.71 based on 10 men
    (only 6 play at one), thats why it sounds cheaper but really it isn't, if you had 8 people each night (to rotate 6 spots) thats 7.13 per night with each player getting 40mins

I personally have no interest paying a fiver to play about half an hour compared to what we have now,

As i said, im happy with what we have now too, but i don't mind paying for a league as well. The idea with having a squad is that you pay whether you turn up or not, or am i wrong there? So it would stay at 5.71 (rounded up to 6).

I also don't understand if you have 8 men, how you would end up with only 30 mins playing time....

If you can find details of good league that would suit us, then we can look at it.

I'd have no interest in the website that league works from to be honest, I looked at it before. I also wouldnt be a fan of Benildus at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

If you can find details of good league that would suit us, then we can look at it.

I'd have no interest in the website that league works from to be honest, I looked at it before. I also wouldnt be a fan of Benildus at all.

To be honest we'll struggle to find a 6 a side league that is financially viable and has the same size and quality of pitch as Wesley plus the same size goals. I'd agree on Benildas alright. Very sandy surface and crap goals.

Sure we can create our own league and start charging :pac:

As i said, im happy with what we have now too, but i don't mind paying for a league as well. The idea with having a squad is that you pay whether you turn up or not, or am i wrong there? So it would stay at 5.71 (rounded up to 6).

I also don't understand if you have 8 men, how you would end up with only 30 mins playing time....

I said 40 mins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Laudrup1

I don't know lads . We have a pretty good game at the moment that is very enjoyable . If we go down the league route invariably some guys end up standing around for a while and that's not much fun . It dilutes the group and things can go pear shaped then .

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Karlrocks23

Ye in fairness I would love to enter a league but I think it would be disruptive. I love what we have going on Thursdays and I think the competitive games would be less enjoyable. I think we have a really nice balance of fairness, especially with aggression in tackles etc.

If we entered a league we'd be against teams who probably take things very seriously and will be out just to win instead of out to play; big difference!!

Thanks for the great game last night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the Thursday thing is great and would hate to see it fall apart by overstretching people for more than one night a week.

Looking forward to getting back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Cork Soccer SixaSide

Laudrup1 wrote: »
    I don't know lads . We have a pretty good game at the moment that is very enjoyable . If we go down the league route invariably some guys end up standing around for a while and that's not much fun . It dilutes the group and things can go pear shaped then .

The league we recently won the playoffs of was our first foray into that kind of structure and is our last. Half the teams we played we were beating 22-2 or 18-1 a total waste of time and money. The other half were good enough and we did take points off each other in hard-fought games but still.

Also it caused tension between the gang of lads who play over the three nights and became an utter headache for me with me eventually having to tell one guy not to come back (who I later found out was related in a roundabout way to one of our regulars) FML. The league was run badly too with 'friendly' games being organised when other teams didn't turn up. A couple of teams pulled out due to their dissatisfaction with the lack of organisation.

Ye've what sounds like a good bunch of lads enjoying themselves in a casual but competitive weekly game, think carefully before changing up what ye've got would be my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jonwang

https://youtu.be/qjUKNmmw-3w Video from the 16th I think, still catching up on my editing but I'be got over 10 subs now woo so we'll be making the big bucks soon and get a camera like yer man had for the 11aside 1 night

About the league thing I'd have to agree that we have a great thing going at the moment and I'd be up for playing more but only with the usual lads because it's not too serious and I don't feel like **** when I make a mistake as I have done in other leagues.

Advertisement