Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there anywhere worth living down in Mexico at all?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Have the hamsters stopped running the wheel? Whats with all the double posts/unable to edit/pages jumping?
    Anyone or just me?

It just does that from time to time. Go delete the post you don't want. It'll eventually stop.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Guys, please don't feed the troll. They get awfully excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My thinking would be to get as far away from the US Border as possible, since the economy is totally bent out of shape there. There are more factories and industries there, but also more people up there fighting for those jobs. Oaxaca City looks nice, and I think I can pronounce the name OK.

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Like with high standards of living, lots of jobs available, no old moany whingers like the people who frequent this website, cultural folk who don't watch English soccer and british reality tv all day. Everytime I suggest a place I get told it's terrible, like Dublin, Galway, Cork (sorry don't know any other cities).

I'm looking to broaden my horizon and get a 6 month lease down there someday. Wouldn't be able to hack the accents for much longer.

Life's a sh*those. Get over it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Overrun with drug cartels. I would say it would be a cracking country otherwise.

When there are people dieing crossing deserts, people drowning trying to cross a river, or packing themselves into cattle trucks, all in the effort of getting out of the country, it probably isn't a great place to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

grinder23 wrote: »
    God I'd love to return to Sligo left if 10 years ago and always live going back

I would agree with that, would love to return...and I am out of there 27 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

You understand that Ireland's Mexico is the North though, right? Not the other way around.

So really, your question is "where can a dirty Mexican who can barely speak English find a way to live in the glorious land of plenty?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You understand that Ireland's Mexico is the North though, right? Not the other way around.

So really, your question is "where can a dirty Mexican who can barely speak English find a way to live in the glorious land of plenty?".

Shouldn't be too hard!
    It hasn't stopped anyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Beautiful country. There is so much potential in Mexico, it's so sad that nobody could ever manage to get the best out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement