Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Am I surprised. She just had to work for the Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

She is an utter mong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller Returns

quintana76 wrote: »
    Who is that gob****e reviewing the movies. She says that Love Island is educational. Mothers can point out toxic masculinity to their daughters by the behaviour of the men.
    This after Matt pulling her up for lusting after one of the Swedish football players. "Are you objectifying men" said Matt "if we did the same thing we would be persecuted". "Someone has to do it" was her "caught out" reply.
    Proves third wave "feminists" just want to censor others.

Did she really say that? Utter gob****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I nearly crashed the car when I heard her say Love Island is educational. It's proof that watching too much reality TV really does rot your brain cells. How in god's name did someone whose IQ is as low as this get anywhere near the national airwaves? I despair, I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Adam Teeny Munchies

https://twitter.com/jennpops/status/1014594899344330753

Gannon and friends going after someone criticising her

she's probably the worst contributor to the show

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I presume she'll go on a Twitter block-a-thon if that hasn't happened already. Half of the television slot was given over to her talking about the drivel that is Love Island. I've no issue with Love Island getting a mention because it's popular and people are watching it. She was given far too much time to witter on about it though. It's not the only programme that's on TV at the moment. Her comments about the World Cup and the attractiveness of the Swedish players helped remove all doubt that she has been sitting out in the sun for too long.

I presume she'll go on a Twitter block-a-thon if that hasn't happened already. Half of the television slot was given over to her talking about the drivel that is Love Island. I've no issue with Love Island getting a mention because it's popular and people are watching it. She was given far too much time to witter on about it though. It's not the only programme that's on TV at the moment. Her comments about the World Cup and the attractiveness of the Swedish players helped remove all doubt that she has been sitting out in the sun for too long.
    On her twitter she seems to yak on and on about it ....and she's a reviewer? id expect it out of a transition year student ….Louise Duffy with all her ums and ahhs is much better than her...did she go on her soap box about something today or was she busy with Love island and the Sweedish team

want to bet she'll be on the LW crying about "bullying" tomorrow/soon - I think susan Keogh did that before, someone said something online and they made a story out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dr_serious2

They had a segment about transgender hate crimes in Ireland to remind us what utterly worthless human beings us Irish are.

The Last Word has at least one identity piece each day, outlining how awful men are and how they mistreat women/migrants/gay people etc etc etc.

I'd love to turn over but Newstalk and RTE are just the same. Is there any talk programme on Irish radio that doesn't have a perceptible left-wing, anti-male bias?

Maybe I'm just getting old but I don't remember things being this bad, even five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

NIMAN wrote: »
    That sums up TLW these days. Its gone to pot.

I honestly don't think Matt likes discussing this sort of stuff, but he's told from on-high that he has to.
    It's a stupid question to pose in the first place as it's obviously not unrealistic to be in good shape.

The problem is of course that it takes hard work and dedication to achieve.

The type of commitment and effort involved is beyong certain people and it makes them feel bad about themselves .

Then we get the whole 'if I can't have it, then nobody can' attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I'd love to turn over but Newstalk and RTE are just the same. Is there any talk programme on Irish radio that doesn't have a perceptible left-wing, anti-male bias?

To be fair, I don't find RTE to be nearly as bad as Newstalk/TLW. But your comment has got me thinking, where has this anti-male agenda come from? I'm getting fairly sick of the airtime all these feminists are being given (often at the expense of rationally-thinking men or women). And it is fairly galling that no-one (bar posters on Boards and the odd rogue Twitter user) stands-up to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

To be fair, I don't find RTE to be nearly as bad as Newstalk/TLW. But your comment has got me thinking, where has this anti-male agenda come from? I'm getting fairly sick of the airtime all these feminists are being given (often at the expense of rationally-thinking men or women). And it is fairly galling that no-one (bar posters on Boards and the odd rogue Twitter user) stands-up to them.

RTE aren't as bad on gender/sexuality subjects because they've given so much of their air time to illegal migration into Europe (not that they use the word 'illegal') and the cause of ending direct provision in Ireland.
    Only so many crusades they can cover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

They had a segment about transgender hate crimes in Ireland to remind us what utterly worthless human beings us Irish are.

This was in the context of a report from the Irish Council of Civil Liberties, though. According to which, we have a much higher rate of hate crimes against transgender people and black African people than other EU countires. Is that not newsworthy? I think it is. They didn't pull this story out of their arses just to make people feel bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

It’s easy & cheap to fill airtime with these self important airheaded wannabes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Vojera wrote: »
    This was in the context of a report from the Irish Council of Civil Liberties, though. According to which, we have a much higher rate of hate crimes against transgender people and black African people than other EU countires. Is that not newsworthy? I think it is. They didn't pull this story out of their arses just to make people feel bad.

I call bs on this, have you ever been to eastern europe? Or italy? What reputable organisation is stating this as fact? The numbers in this 'study' are way off

https://www.iccl.ie/news/ireland-high-hate-crime-no-laws-to-address/

Ireland and that bastion of human rights abuses Finland are top on 13% of black people having experienced a hate crime.
    The study was run in 5 countries, yet the graph has 12
    The group average is 4%, whereas only 2 of the countries are below this?
    Our near neighbours the UK are only at 2%, some variance vs a country that is largely seen as being more intolerant tuan ireland
    Eastern europe is cut out completely.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics

The report is a load of nonsense, and not surprisingly was written by a sociologist. 'Hate crime' is very vague and is mainly subjective.

I think a lot of this rubbish come from the pernicious influence of Twitter on the media. A lot of our finest (*cough*) journalists seem to spend their lives on twitter, having their ego's massaged by like-minded people in an ideological echo chamber.

Sounds like a direct publication of a press release. Bet they never checked the methodology of the survey. Cause it "suits you sir" as regards agenda. Someone should investigate their polling methods to see how they came up with that result.

It’s easy & cheap to fill airtime with these self important airheaded wannabes

Yup thanks to the times ban, were stuck with Gannon, Aoife Barry and the journals ‘journalists’ and the like

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is the IT ban only for full time staff?

Roe McDermott writes for their Saturday edition, as far as I know, but also works for The Last Word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Matt reaching new levels of indignation at Lidl selling pools and power washers..........managed to bring their profits into the rant. God the fake chats at news time really stink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 tomasflaherty

Well Last Word is going to hell next week. Susan Keogh sitting in for Matt for the next 2 weeks. Which means that itll be 2 weeks of misandry, feminazi men hating rubbish!!

Well Last Word is going to hell next week. Susan Keogh sitting in for Matt for the next 2 weeks. Which means that itll be 2 weeks of misandry, feminazi men hating rubbish!!

Sure that's the way Matt is gone himself these days, it won't make much difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Tbh, the show and it's format has become boring and predictable. It's about one faux outrage after another. It's gone from being something i always listened to, to something that i couldn't be arsed about. The show needs some fresh blood and new ideas.

Owryan wrote: »
    Tbh, the show and it's format has become boring and predictable. It's about one faux outrage after another. It's gone from being something i always listened to, to something that i couldn't be arsed about. The show needs some fresh blood and new ideas.

I like the mixture of TV, music, film, business, news and features to be honest. Matt himself is quite likable and affable as well. It's this PC agenda which has crept in in the last couple of years I can't stand. If they insist on constantly bringing on the hard left and the SJWs then Matt should have the decency to challenge their points of view instead of always nodding along and massaging their egos.

I like the mixture of TV, music, film, business, news and features to be honest. Matt himself is quite likable and affable as well. It's this PC agenda which has crept in in the last couple of years I can't stand. If they insist on constantly bringing on the hard left and the SJWs then Matt should have the decency to challenge their points of view instead of always nodding along and massaging their egos.

judging from his twitter activity, he's gone over to the sjw side

judging from his twitter activity, he's gone over to the sjw side

Must be looking for a change and has decided it is career enhancing. Otherwise he must have gone to "self criticism" classes and saw the error of his ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I take it poor Susan’s knowledge on sport isn’t the best hence John Duggan hosting the sport for the last half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

I take it poor Susan’s knowledge on sport isn’t the best hence John Duggan hosting the sport for the last half hour

He had to do the last hour on Friday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Last week when mentioning Dana White Susan said "she"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭prunudo

He had to do the last hour on Friday as well.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. At least she realise's its a weak subject and she hands it over to somebody more capable.
    Still don't think she's a good fit as replacement for the Matt though.

Advertisement