Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Word

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

What a puff piece interview he did with Michaella McCollum this evening, a real Hello magazine effort. Dreadful stuff.

She said at one stage she though Peru was in Spain and didn't realise it wasn't until she on the plane to Lima. She also said she never reads a paper or watches the news on TV.
    And yet Cooper said to her at one stage she is 'clearly an intelligent person'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Glad to have missed that interview.
    Have now more or less given up on TLW.
    Ivan Yates or drive time tend to get my attention if I am free to listen to the radio around that time.

I see that drugs mule is on a drive to normalize what she did. Hoping to make a pile of money out of it too. Book and all on the go. Who'd want to read her story.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Glad to have missed that interview.
    Have now more or less given up on TLW.
    Ivan Yates or drive time tend to get my attention if I am free to listen to the radio around that time.

I see that drugs mule is on a drive to normalize what she did. Hoping to make a pile of money out of it too. Book and all on the go. Who'd want to read her story.

Ivan Yates had her on too. And RTE are in wall to wall Gay Byrne coverage so not a lot to listen too on the way home.
    At least Yates got some info out of her with a few probing questions on where her life is at now....she has 18 month old twins but is no longer with their father.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Adam Teeny Munchies

i thought she wasnt allowed to profit from it??

i thought she wasnt allowed to profit from it??

In fairness to her, she did say she was offered a lot of money for TV interviews and appearances after she came home from Peru but turned them all down.
    She said the book is more about telling her story then it is making money which is probably true.

• Advertisement

Lot of people rightly crapping on cooper for it on his Twitter .... Ed and Alison ‘Dancing in your kitchen’ Curtis is raggng in someone criticizing it .. ffs ... few years ago he wouldn’t have entertained this tabloid crap .... wonder if she wasn’t an attractive female would she get this attention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,297 ✭✭✭prunudo

Lot of people rightly crapping on cooper for it on his Twitter .... Ed and Alison ‘Dancing in your kitchen’ Curtis is raggng in someone criticizing it .. ffs ... few years ago he wouldn’t have entertained this tabloid crap .... wonder if she wasn’t an attractive female would she get this attention

The double standards from the media never ceases to amaze me. In one breathe they cover a death related to gang feuds and how its linked to other drug gangs. Then parade her out and promote her book but she is no different to someone getting caught coming into Dublin with similar sh!te. I heard Ivan say she would be on but was away from the radio at the time. Hopefully he gave her a harder time than Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

prunudo wrote: »
    The double standards from the media never ceases to amaze me. In one breathe they cover a death related to gang feuds and how its linked to other drug gangs. Then parade her out and promote her book but she is no different to someone getting caught coming into Dublin with similar sh!te. I heard Ivan say she would be on but was away from the radio at the time. Hopefully he gave her a harder time than Matt.

If she was your bang average woman or from the "wrong side of town" or a man she would have been ignored by the media long ago. The hypocrisy would make you sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

prunudo wrote: »

I listened to the interview with Ivan and it wasn't great either, he asked her if the other inmates only spoke "Peruvian" and wondered did she get the train from Majorca to Ibiza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Zird

My first time hearing Karl Deater hosting the show, dreadful interviewer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Zird wrote: »
    My first time hearing Karl Deater hosting the show, dreadful interviewer

I bet he still would have done a better job than Matt at "interviewing" Michaella McCollum

Cooper should hand back his NUJ card and just admit to being a Features Writer/Presenter.

A 40 min propaganda piece this eve on Direct Provision. All for the same viewpoint of course.
    Conal Thomas from The Journal ...an absolute condescending dose.
    Ellie Kisyombe...a proven liar who still managed to get Leave to Remain but hasn't left DP yet as I presume the HP payments aren't getting her where she wants to go.
    Adrian Shanagher...owner of the hotel that's now a DP centre in Wicklow. 250k loss for his hotel in 2018 but it's now a profitable DP centre with over 1m per annum in turnover.
    Fiona Hurley... Migrant's NGO who wants a house/apt for everyone as soon as they arrive here. When asked where we'd get the accomm for them in a housing crisis, she started blathering generalism's about long term panning. But sure, it'll look good on her CV that she's on the national airwaves as she strives to move up the NGO ladder.

Cooper mentioned something about Eastern Europeans have it hard here too, with so many of them sharing bedrooms with 2,3,4 people. Ellie stepped in to say we shouldn't be mixing up economic migrants with asylum seekers :D.
    Oh, the fun of it all.

You could nearly hear The Journal dose looking down on that Hotelier when he was asking him questions about the conditions of the migrants in his hotel.

Shanagher did have a good news story about a Sth African couple who were in DP in his place but got a house last week and moved out. House paid for by HAP i.e. the Irish taxpayer. But Shanagher reckoned that's a sign of progress!
    He also outlined that he's very liberal in his views and believes in open borders for those that can sustain themselves i.e. work.
    The irony of saying that after telling his little ditty about the Sth African couple in HAP.

No messages from listeners were read apart from one...which was positive towards DP.

Comedy gold

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Roe Mc Dermot on this evening

She's that quintessential bubble inhabiting Liberal idiot who by virtue of possessing incredible arrogance, believes she is deserving of a microphone despite not possessing a single independent thought about anything

Hasn't a bulls notion about the reality of most of the things she pontificates about yet due to being an ultra orthodox PC mouthpiece is provided with a regular platform, painful twit to listen to, kind who steals real estate in your brain and fills it with dumb sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Roe Mc Dermot on this evening

She's that quintessential bubble inhabiting Liberal idiot who by virtue of possessing incredible arrogance, believes she is deserving of a microphone despite not possessing a single independent thought about anything

Hasn't a bulls notion about the reality of most of the things she pontificates about yet due to being an ultra orthodox PC mouthpiece is provided with a regular platform, painful twit to listen to, kind who steals real estate in your brain and fills it with dumb sh1t
    The single biggest dose on Irish radio and, when you consider the calibre of guests and contributors across the various outlets, that's saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I really wish they'd get rid of that Jennifer Gannon one who does the T.V, she was on yesterday with Joe O'Shea bitching and moaning about the crown, I've never seen anyone get so easily offended by so many TV shows. Pure dose

• Registered Users Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

siblers wrote: »
    I really wish they'd get rid of that Jennifer Gannon one who does the T.V, she was on yesterday with Joe O'Shea bitching and moaning about the crown, I've never seen anyone get so easily offended by so many TV shows. Pure dose

Why doesn't she like the Crown.

Is there men in it and people that own their own house or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Jenifer gannon is a prime example of the modern Angry woman. No matter what the subject or topic, she seems to find a mysoginist, homophobe or racist angle to complain about . I really cant imagine what she actually might enjoy watching

There is now a breed of people like this, who must spend their waking hours watching, recording, counting etc just to get offended.

There is a post on the thread about the new Disney Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian, from a girl who after 3 episodes is tweeting that there is only 1 female character.

How dull must your life be if you watch TV shows to count gender quota's?

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

There is now a breed of people like this, who must spend their waking hours watching, recording, counting etc just to get offended.

There is a post on the thread about the new Disney Star Wars spin-off, The Mandalorian, from a girl who after 3 episodes is tweeting that there is only 1 female character.

And it’s not like their kind are not being pandered to either. If you look at something like the walking dead, there is no couple on the show that isn’t interracial ie every romantic relationship is between a black person and a white person, Asian etc. Of those interracial couples, several, if not half, (not sure how many) are same sex couples. The forced combination of these two things will delight the Jennifer Gannon’s of this world, particularly so given most important authority characters are female. However, it’s so jarring to see because you know it’s deliberately engineered that way and it takes you out of their world.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

PC Ned Flanders, going over every second of tv for something that offends them

• Advertisement

Love island is the only thing that gets a pass off her oddly enough and the sweedish male soccer team it seems from listening to her childish, i want to look woke and popular on twitter rants

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

It seems everything Matt Cooper does turns to ****?

The Tribune, the Last Word, TV3s GAA coverage, the Tonight Show,

I see he now writing for the Business Post that imo has taken a drop in quality in the last 12 months.

Tuned in tonight for the 1st time in ages, and I notice that they called the 6@6 , the "6 o'clock news".

Then up it came, and no more of the nonsense of Matt asking questions about each story.

Have they abandoned the 6@6?
    It just flowed so much better, having a person just reading out the news.

has she or im expecting a pc/sjw rant about the toy show from her now...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Jenifer gannon is a prime example of the modern Angry woman. No matter what the subject or topic, she seems to find a mysoginist, homophobe or racist angle to complain about . I really cant imagine what she actually might enjoy watching

She enjoys watching herself get herself off in the mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

jay0109 wrote: »
    Cooper should hand back his NUJ card and just admit to being a Features Writer/Presenter.

A 40 min propaganda piece this eve on Direct Provision. All for the same viewpoint of course.
    Conal Thomas from The Journal ...an absolute condescending dose.
    Ellie Kisyombe...a proven liar who still managed to get Leave to Remain but hasn't left DP yet as I presume the HP payments aren't getting her where she wants to go.
    Adrian Shanagher...owner of the hotel that's now a DP centre in Wicklow. 250k loss for his hotel in 2018 but it's now a profitable DP centre with over 1m per annum in turnover.
    Fiona Hurley... Migrant's NGO who wants a house/apt for everyone as soon as they arrive here. When asked where we'd get the accomm for them in a housing crisis, she started blathering generalism's about long term panning. But sure, it'll look good on her CV that she's on the national airwaves as she strives to move up the NGO ladder.

Cooper mentioned something about Eastern Europeans have it hard here too, with so many of them sharing bedrooms with 2,3,4 people. Ellie stepped in to say we shouldn't be mixing up economic migrants with asylum seekers :D.
    Oh, the fun of it all.

You could nearly hear The Journal dose looking down on that Hotelier when he was asking him questions about the conditions of the migrants in his hotel.

Shanagher did have a good news story about a Sth African couple who were in DP in his place but got a house last week and moved out. House paid for by HAP i.e. the Irish taxpayer. But Shanagher reckoned that's a sign of progress!
    He also outlined that he's very liberal in his views and believes in open borders for those that can sustain themselves i.e. work.
    The irony of saying that after telling his little ditty about the Sth African couple in HAP.

No messages from listeners were read apart from one...which was positive towards DP.

Comedy gold

I gave up listening to this dirt couldn’t hack it any more

• Registered Users Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How dull must your life be to listen to a radio show solely to get offended by the radio show?

Theres people crying about The Last Word for over a year yet they seem to listen religiously :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    How dull must your life be to listen to a radio show solely to get offended by the radio show?

Theres people crying about The Last Word for over a year yet they seem to listen religiously :pac:

Here's a wild thought, some are stuck in offices where today fm is the selected radio station (like mine, between 2fm/Today fm where im stuck listening to these prats?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Here's a wild thought, some are stuck in offices where today fm is the selected radio station (like mine, between 2fm/Today fm where im stuck listening to these prats?

Would you not take it up with HR Dave, it seems like you have been tortured in this office for years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I gave up listening to this dirt couldn’t hack it any more

It was tough going right enough.

I stayed until the end hoping he might have brought up the elephant in the room-the lies told by the Social Democrat local election candidate on her asylum application.

I'll never learn!

Advertisement