Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Last Word

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

At the end of the segment Matt thanked his team for te day including an 'xxxx' mcloone (i missed the name), an himself and Paul laughed. So im guessing hes still in the good books and has family working in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Matt talking to the Australian woman about the European Athletics and on about the relay team winning Silver and Adeleke winning Silver in the final and how great they were.

Took 2 minutes and a prompt before he remembered McGeehan won Gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

THe last ever appearance of Briana Parks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

It's a damning indictment of the show, and it's contributors, that I consider her to be quite tolerable any time I've heard her on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

It might be the last time she sits in the same studio as Matt but I doubt it's the last we'll be hearing from her. She'll stay on the speed-dial of many an Irish presenter, should they need an Aussie to speak to. I read her article in the Irish Times and don't blame her for going back home. Aside from the financial side of things, the shine goes off living abroad when stuff starts happening in your family and you're on the other side of the world. I just hope this won't mean more Roe McDermott (god help us all!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Really? I found her to be basically an Australian Roe McDermott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭Tork

Nah, Roe is in a class all of her own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thank fcuk for that. I remember the first time I heard her on this show and they were discussing the death of a young woman who was killed on her bike by a truck. She used the segment as an opportunity to make jokes about helmet hair on cyclists who wear helmets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Newbie12345The

I think all contributors are just told to act like Roe or Jennifer Gannon - they'll have another perpetually offended one in the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

No one can be as bad as Roe!

Brianna can be painful at times, but that pales in comparison to the likes of Roe, Jenn Gannon, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

No, you're not alone but Ian is also not alone with his inability to pronounce his 'th's' . It's just laziness in my opinion, and inexcusable if you're a broadcast journalist.

My main problem with Guider is that he's a lazy hack, who frequently has done the bare minimum of research.

Post edited by yosser hughes on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

Ian Guider has an even more annoying voice than Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭dmn22

I would argue Matt sounds like Morgan Freeman when compared with Ian Guider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Did anyone listen to the Last Word today, Thursday - the part with John Gibbons on the environment.

You could cut the tension with a knife, whatever John said Ian just argued against all of it. I usually yawn at this section but this is well worth a listen back on the podcast. Especially the discussion on Eamon Ryan V Ryanair

Then John says "I'm sorry to correct you again" when talking about Greta

Honestly radio gold ... Pure tension between Ian & John

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Chun the Unavoidable

YEs it was interesting. Guider brought up Ryanair and o leary and when gibbons got going guider decided we can't talk about o leary.

Thought gibbons won out overall. Usually matt just nods along, but it's still the most depressing slot of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Agree - Gibbons definitely had more substance to his arguments. Round 2 next week - as I think Ian is covering the show for 2 weeks. Must listen back to see if Ian pi$$ed Cal Thomas off also seen as Marion is a colleague of his on SBP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Edited out

Post edited by mikemac2 on

Advertisement