Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my niece

Options
  • 04-09-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭

I dont know what Im posting this for to be honest, practical advice or just someone to support me....but Im sitting up here crying my eyes out and I dont know what to do.

My niece died today, she spent half her life fighting cancer and just when we thought she was going to make it, she suffered a massive bleed to the brain and we had to say goodbye.

Im completely lost, my friends dont know what to say to me and Im here on my own just wishing I didnt wake up in the morning, its so unfair, how can life go on after this. She didnt even get to see her 2nd birthday after fighting so hard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Her life will have meaning beyond her passing. Hang in there kiddo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Shh, poor you :( I'm so sorry to hear about that. Please try to rest. No matter what tomorrow is like, you'll face it better with some rest. Try to create a safe place in your mind and push the pain away as much as it will let you, just for tonight. My heart goes out to you and you family. Please be kind to yourselves and each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I dont know what Im posting this for to be honest, practical advice or just someone to support me....but Im sitting up here crying my eyes out and I dont know what to do.

My niece died today, she spent half her life fighting cancer and just when we thought she was going to make it, she suffered a massive bleed to the brain and we had to say goodbye.

Im completely lost, my friends dont know what to say to me and Im here on my own just wishing I didnt wake up in the morning, its so unfair, how can life go on after this. She didnt even get to see her 2nd birthday after fighting so hard

So sorry for your loss PandaPoo, sending all our thoughts and prayers your way,

May she rest in peace now, a little angel to watch over you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

PandaPoo wrote:

She didn't get to celebrate her 2nd birthday? So what, she was surrounded by love your post proves I'm correct. What more do we need/want but to be loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

nhunter100 wrote: »
    She didn't get to celebrate her 2nd birthday? So what, she was surrounded by love your post proves I'm correct. What more do we need/want but to be loved.

She fought for half her life, she shouldn't have had to do that. Yes she was surrounded by love, unbelievably so, but its so unfair and I feel like Im at a loss. A complete and utter loss, ive had all the sympathy people can give me but Im still sitting here at 1.30am feeling like I dont want to wake up tomorrow and Ill never be the same again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

She'll always be with you. It's hard to find the words that you want to hear in a time like this. just knowing that your friends and family are there for you, just like you were there for your niece is the most comforting thing. Stay strong and remember the better times in her life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

PandaPoo wrote:
    She fought for half her life, she shouldn't have had to do that. Yes she was surrounded by love, unbelievably so, but its so unfair and I feel like Im at a loss. A complete and utter loss, ive had all the sympathy people can give me but Im still sitting here at 1.30am feeling like I dont want to wake up tomorrow and Ill never be the same again

I lost my first cousin when she was only 5, I was 7. I loved her to bits. She knew it as she knew everyone around her loved her. Many people go through life not feeling that type of love and I feel sorry for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

PandaPoo wrote: »

While I feel for you and I to be honest have no idea of the loss you are suffering. You have to be strong for your sibling who has lost a child, I am not saying their loss is any greater than yours but now for your niece you need to do what she can no longer do and that's take care of her parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Really sorry for your loss just try stay strong for your brother/sister it's so hard to lose a child so young I know from experience with my own sister we really didn't know what to do or say to her only just be there when she needed anything from us. Thoughts are with your family

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Your life won't be the same again. But the sun will shine again, you will laugh again but it will be different.
    I am sincerely sorry for your loss. All I can say is keep talking and let the tears flow, don't hold them back. Look after yourself and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭FirefighterT7

So sorry PandaPoo, you, you're siblings and you're little niece are in my thoughts and prayers, stay strong, I'm sure that's what she would want.. Rest in peace little angel, I'm sure I speak for us all here when I say we will be thinking of you and you're family in the coming days and months..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I'm very sorry for you and your loss. That is really unfair and it sucks. Life is really hard, and I wish you didn't have this loss.

It is horrible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

We all have to deal with loss man. It's part of life, It's sad to lose one so young. And even though its difficult right now, you can't let this loss break you down. You have your own life to live so make the most of it, unfortunately we only get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Panda I am just so sorry, there really are no words that help at times like this. Poor little baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Hello Pandapoo I am so sorry to hear of your beautiful little nieces death. I know you will miss and love her always. May she Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

God rest her little soul. So so sorry.

Advertisement