Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WordPress on <snip>

Options
  • 04-09-2016 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I hope i am on the right platform. First time using this. I need help, if anyone has used <mod snip> to host a WordPress website. I have followed the instructions but i am not able to log into my domain on WordPress. it says it does not exist but after the installation it shows that I have WordPress installed. I have emailed <snip> with screen shots however it is outside working hours so may not get a reply until the beginning of the week. i could use some help from experienced developers here if anyone has an idea how i can fix this problem.

Mod edit: READ THE CHARTER PLEASE

Is <snip> reliable? Only answer if you are giving a true answer. 1 vote

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    Sometimes
    100% 1 vote
    I do not know
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

A couple of questions to clarify.

Are you typing in to Google search or the address bar in your browser?

Is the installed WordPress site visible when you type type the domain name into your browser?

The installed WordPress site is visible when you type type the domain name into your browser and your difficulty is logging in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Have you installed it to the root folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1one

I have tried both the address bar and google search bar.

The wordpress site is not visible. It says DNS not found when I type the domain name in my browser. It is not a logging in problem because I cannot even see the login page.

Have you installed it to the root folder?
    Yes I did that. Could that be the reason why I cannot see the website?

If you rented the domain and hosting from the same company the domain name server (dns) will usually be set to their hosting.
    -
    If you rented them from different companies you will need to set the name servers at the registrar to point to your hosting server name that you would have been given by <snip>.
    This change is not instant across the internet and can take a few hours to propagate.

If you enter the domain name in whois.com or similar it will tell you where the dns is pointed to at the moment..

It is probably only a few minutes work to sort it out, but with out the domain name, server name etc. it is hard to give a good answer.

• Advertisement

M.T.D wrote: »
    If you rented the domain and hosting from the same company the domain name server (dns) will usually be set to their hosting.
    -
    If you rented them from different companies you will need to set the name servers at the registrar to point to your hosting server name that you would have been given by <snip>.
    This change is not instant across the internet and can take a few hours to propagate.

If you enter the domain name in whois.com or similar it will tell you where the dns is pointed to at the moment..

It is probably only a few minutes work to sort it out, but with out the domain name, server name etc. it is hard to give a good answer.

Whois.com lookup says there is a pending application for the domain name entered. I guess that means I should wait until the application is successful. Its just unfortunate the marketing said I could instantly start building the website and once a payment went through it sort of became useless. <snip>.com support is not available during the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is this a .ie? Did you submit the required documentation?

I was just about to ask the same question as kenny
    If it is a .ie domain you will need to supply documentation showing why and what you want the domain name for.

Registered business or trading name, your name, name in connection with your activity, is required, but often a letter stating the reason for wanting the particular name, assuming it is valid, is enough. This can take a few days to come through.

M.T.D wrote: »
    I was just about to ask the same question as kenny
    If it is a .ie domain you will need to supply documentation showing why and what you want the domain name for.

Registered business or trading name, your name, name in connection with your activity, is required, but often a letter stating the reason for wanting the particular name, assuming it is valid, is enough. This can take a few days to come through.

It is a .ie and all the documentation that was asked for was provided at the time of registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

When the domain is fully registered you should get confirmation from IEDR. You might get confirmation from your hosting provider / registrar. I know we send it out, but I can't speak for others.

IEDR processing time for new applications can vary and while you might think that you supplied the correct documentation they often query what has been submitted.

Short version - speak to your hosting provider / registrar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Please read the forum charter before posting.

Posts above have been edited to remove name domain/hosting provider.

Thanks.

Advertisement