Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is "Rahan Woods"?

Options
  • 04-09-2016 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭

Just been hearing on the News about a body being found in "Rahan Woods" which they say is in Co Kildare.

The only Rahan I know of is a village in Co. Offaly, a bit to the west of Tullamore.

Looked on Google and Google Maps but nothing coming up: does anyone know which woods they refer to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Near Carbury according to the IT. That's close to the border with Offaly but nowhere near Tullamore. Then again place names being repeated isn't that unusual either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Rahin Woods, Edenderry according to the Independent. Terrible news.

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ah, found it. Thanks, all.

Not far from the M4, I see. Unsurprising if it really is a gangland killing as they speculate. Still a dreadful thing and tragic in all ways for all concerned. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Rahin Woods, Edenderry according to the Independent. Terrible news.

R.I.P

Ah Rahin woods - lots of places spelling it as Rahan. Rahin Woods is in Kildare - near Clogherinka. It's near the Meath border - nowhere near Edenderry.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Locals spell it Rahan, Coillte spell it Rahin on all their signs.

Edenderry would be the nearest biggish town, and it's about 5 miles away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement