Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launderete business

Options
  • 04-09-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there.
    In the last few weeks i had a business plan in my mind,and i made a decision to open a launderete business.
    The thing is,i dont have a clue how to create/run/make profit as we all want a good running business.
    So,im trying my luck in here,maybe someone of you knows about the business,or you have a friend who knows..
    What are the steps?
    First,you have to get a place i pressume..
    Then,the washing machines,tumble dryier,iron press,should buy them brand new,second hand,rent them?
    How much it will cost me aprox?
    I've search some sites,mainly UK ones,not to many in Ireland.
    I just want to have a smooth start,with succes so the succes safety really concern me,it will make the profit?!
    Thank you all for all your answer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

Hi, your best approach might be to go to an existing laundrette and try to have a discussion with the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,511 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Probably the first question is, where are you and is there already one nearby? Is there enough of a population to make one viable.

The second one might be - are you of a practical nature that you could solve, or at least identify problems with machines. Are you willing to keep the place very clean and tidy, wiping down, sweeping up, be pleasant to customers.

Have you looked at insurance, water charges, electricity and heating charges. Rent, rates, maintenance and decorating. I imagine you would have to find a place that the plumbing could cope with largish amounts of waste water, and water supply.

I think the suggestion of visiting other launderettes is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Be aware of changes in the industry. Have a read of this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99549927

If they're not in your town yet, they will be soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gabryel1

Thx for the reply..that thread makes a idea of how business dont work out for small people :)))

I've been a maintenance guy,now a security,so i am confident of fixing some of the faults and customer care is on high lvl.
    I was thinking of purchase a place already set up..is about luck i pressume aswell...
    About bills,i will have to pay them whorever business i open :)))
    Im worried about keeping it up and running..
    Thx for the reply

• Advertisement

Hi..i thought about that but on the other hand,which owner will give details about the same business they own? :)
    Competition ...nobody want it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

This isn't negative meaning, but, I find it astounding that no one sees the fact the poster hasn't the first single notion about anything to do with laundrettes except that they wash clothes

How on earth are they expecting to survive?

Seriously. It's ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Would you consider setting up a "shop front" only to start with and outsource the laundry cleaning? This would give you the chance to see the interest levels in this business without having the costs of buying the equipment. You might not even break even but at least you'd have a strong indication of the business potential and also the opportunity to learn more about the industry before investing heavily in it.

Not having a clue about the business is the reason the guy posted here, he already declared in his OP that he hasn't a clue and that he was hoping that someone here might. Don't be nasty and please don't start the whole "harsh reality of the business world, eaten alive, lose the arse out of his pants" lectures.

gabryel1 wrote: »
    Hi..i thought about that but on the other hand,which owner will give details about the same business they own? :)
    Competition ...nobody want it

I wasn't suggesting that the operator would be local. Consider going to a neighbouring town far enough away that the owner wouldn't consider you a threat. Invite him / her for lunch, have a list of questions, and they might be friendly enough to advise you. Nothing beats experiential advice from someone that has actually done it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

odeamarcas wrote: »
    Not having a clue about the business is the reason the guy posted here, he already declared in his OP that he hasn't a clue and that he was hoping that someone here might. Don't be nasty and please don't start the whole "harsh reality of the business world, eaten alive, lose the arse out of his pants" lectures.

We'll leave it there so !

Advertisement