Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Crumlin

Options
  • 04-09-2016 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a house in Crumlin, just beside St. Agnes' National School. Can anyone tell me if this is a safe area? The houses on the road look fine but I'm not a local and know there are a few no-go areas in Crumlin that you'd want to avoid.

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Crumlin is second only to Finglas for producing some of Ireland's top criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

My mam says you should never buy beside a school, or a church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Old Bill wrote: »
    Crumlin is second only to Finglas for producing some of Ireland's top criminals.

That's possibly true but a family or a handful of criminals is not a reflection on a whole community.

The OP is looking for comments from people who are familiar with the area. Based on your sweeping statement you're clearly not.

I don't know that particular area OP. I'm sure others that do will be able to help. I lived in Crumlin for a short while. My parents currently live on Kildare road. They never had any problems of any kind - no break ins, no damage to property no anti social behaviour etc.
    There does seem to be a particular Garda presence on the streets at the moment. I think Crumlin is a great location given its proximity to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Also you are a short walk to the village for shops and the Ashleaf with Dunnes as the anchor tenant isn't too far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

The OP is looking for comments from people who are familiar with the area. Based on your sweeping statement you're clearly not.

I know the area well I use to work there.

It does say alot about an area when you have a disportionate number of gangsters coming from that area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Old Bill wrote: »
    It does say alot about an area when you have a disportionate number of gangsters coming from that area.
    In the same way that poor spelling says a lot about the validity of a poster's opinions.

I've lived in the area for almost 15 years now. There are good bits and there are bad bits, and you can tell the bad bits by just being there. The area around St Agnes's is fine; the Garda station is literally just around the corner; I'd happily live around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

If you do buy, please plant some trees, a blade of grass, a daisy, something/anything, the place is only just crying out for a bit of greenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Exiledrover

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but what are peoples opinion of the area around Bangor Road. Thinking of renting there. Thanks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Antilles wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a house in Crumlin, just beside St. Agnes' National School. Can anyone tell me if this is a safe area? The houses on the road look fine but I'm not a local and know there are a few no-go areas in Crumlin that you'd want to avoid.

Cheers!

That road is totally fine. I'd walk up it twice a week or so and never have any issue. It's close to the village and the Ashleaf and is a short drive to the M50 and the motorway network. There are two schools on that road so during term-time you'll have a couple of hundred kids past your door and the associated extra traffic that goes with that, twice a day.

The only buses that go near there are the 18 and the 83. The 83 goes into town via Rathmines and is a pretty good service but if you want a better frequency it's a bit of a walk to the Crumlin Road and the buses that go along there.

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread but what are peoples opinion of the area around Bangor Road. Thinking of renting there. Thanks.

Bangor Road and the roads near it (Kildare Rd, Old County Rd) etc are generaly fine but will see a lot of traffic. There is ramps there but cars do tend to zip along it. Also, I've never seen more dog sh1t than on the pavement on Bangor Rd. And I've been to Paris.

Good bus route to town, decent shopping places nearby and close to Dublin 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    That road is totally fine. I'd walk up it twice a week or so and never have any issue. It's close to the village and the Ashleaf and is a short drive to the M50 and the motorway network. There are two schools on that road so during term-time you'll have a couple of hundred kids past your door and the associated extra traffic that goes with that, twice a day.

The only buses that go near there are the 18 and the 83. The 83 goes into town via Rathmines and is a pretty good service but if you want a better frequency it's a bit of a walk to the Crumlin Road and the buses that go along there.

150 and 9 aren't far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I know Crumlin well and previously lived there. That area around the village at St Agnes Road is fine.

Birneybau wrote: »
    150 and 9 aren't far?

Yeah, that's true. But if you're on the village end of Armagh Rd it's a decent walk to the 150 stop.

Advertisement