Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA cots

Options
  • 04-09-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi all Just wondering if anyone is familiar or has any experience of IKEA cots?

They appear to be very reasonably priced however, there is very little safety standard information on the website re their mattresses and I can't seem to find a whole lot of reviews online for the Sundvik or Gonatt ranges.

Cork based so not easy to just pop in to take a look!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We have one, very sturdy and we've been very happy with it. There's a range of mattresses, we went with the more expensive one as it was the thickest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I have the cheapest in the range of ikea cots, got it for €30 in their sale! It's very sturdy; my lad is nearly 3 and it's still going strong. I have a mattress from mothetcare in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks guys much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

We bought the gonatt one yesterday. Looks nice and sturdy.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Another +1 for IKEA cots. The mattress cover is easily removable and washable also, which was a godsend during potty training and when they invariably throw up in it at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

We had one and our daughter was in it nearly four years as we removed one side to make it a small bed. Still in great condition and wasn't very expensive.

Thanks guys great to know, didn't want to head up without doing some research but think I'll definitely venture up. Do the mattresses fit the cots well? I'm looking at the VYSSA VACKERT mattress and the Sundvik cot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Yep they fit fine, although obviously we havent assembled ours yet. I got the same mattress.

The reason we picked the gonatt over the sundvik is because the corners are rounded off, and I could imagine my hips meeting those corners a lot in the early hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

We have the Gonatt too it's lovely, we also went with the more expensive mattress. It's great because it converts into a toddler bed too so a real bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

We have the Sundvik and it's incredibly sturdy. Two kids have been through it now and I plan to put it away for number 3! Would definitely recommend them!

• Advertisement

I'm debating between the Sundvik and Gonatt cot! They both look so nice, sturdy and so much cheaper than the usual places.

Advertisement