Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Jazz Festival 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Widely advertised as usually from LCC :rolleyes:
    This is the 1st I've heard of it. Hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

First I've heard of it too and sounds like some great musicians are playing.

Lack of publicity of events is a real ongoing issue in Limerick. I was a at a meeting recently and a proposal to solve this issue was to put up a TV screen somewhere in Limerick city which just had a rolling news feed of various events. The idea would be that people would meet at the TV screen to find out what was going on in Limerick. Could be a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Never surprises me nothing ever gets properly advertised well done for letting us know about it will pass it on as also never knew anything about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

What's the best way to advertise this kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

zulutango wrote: »
    What's the best way to advertise this kind of thing?

well going on past endeveors in the city and from the organisers of a movie screening in the peoples park which is on my doorstep advised me we are hoping people will do all the advertising on social media for us....

How about like they do in Cork a few signs in pubs and the various venues and on the various signs they put all over the city where phone boxes once stood..and on all the signs that give u information as you approach the city such as at the parkway retail site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

From what I can see the official press launch happened just yesterday. A little over 2 weeks beforehand seems like very short notice to be generating interest

https://www.limerick.ie/living/whatsnew/2016-09-06-limerick-the-place-to-be-for-jazz-lovers-this-september

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

One week to this event.

Advertisement