Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

section 20

Options
  • 04-09-2016 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can a section 20 be delivered to the court orally?

I requested a section 20, I met with the social worker who didnt look at evidence I had, diary of events, text messages etc.

There was no written report, he didnt speak to anyone conbected with my children and I didnt sign anything.

He spoke to my ex husband on the morning of court to interview him although this was a brief meeting and the social worker gave evidence to the court orally.

I didnt attend that court hearing as my child had a medical appointment

I feel the "section 20" was actually just a very brief discussion.

Can sone help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Myrocks wrote: »
    Can a section 20 be delivered to the court orally?

I requested a section 20, I met with the social worker who didnt look at evidence I had, diary of events, text messages etc.

There was no written report, he didnt speak to anyone conbected with my children and I didnt sign anything.

He spoke to my ex husband on the morning of court to interview him although this was a brief meeting and the social worker gave evidence to the court orally.

I didnt attend that court hearing as my child had a medical appointment

I feel the "section 20" was actually just a very brief discussion.

Can sone help??

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056685518/1/#post79457901

Have a look at this thread...see if there's any help to be garnered from it...and then ask the question in either parenting or legal discussion....you won't get any real help here I'm afraid.
    Best of luck with whatever road you're on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Moved to parenting forum. Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

My high level expectation, is that the section 20 is an indepth analysis of the child and the environments and ability of both parents to support the child.

This would not be a small chat in the corridor, nor would a judge take it all on the basis of commentary alone, without a report provided in front of them to expand on the detail of commentary presented.

Advertisement