Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher tripping mcb off

Options
  • 04-09-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

I have this karcher steam cleaner at home
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/karcher-sc2-steam-cleaner-yellow/332005/396.0.4

It was fine for the last 2 years.
    Since last week, when I switch it On, the main socket power supply for whole house gets off. The mCB goes down.
    Lights r fine. Just power points for full house.
    I changed the fuse 15amps one but still no luck.
    Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
    The water in it is fine too.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

If this only happens with the steam cleaner then most likely it is faulty.

Did you blow a fuse?
    You should not change the fuse for anything larger than the manufacturer recommends.

Did the device that tripped have a test button on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

No test button.
    I tried with a different fuse of exactly same spec. But result was same - it tripped again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Have you tried plugging into a socket from another room?

Hal1 wrote: »
    Have you tried plugging into a socket from another room?

Yes. Tried few sockets in the house. Same issue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sounds like the appliance is faulty. Do you know anyone who can PAT test it?

• Advertisement

Steve wrote: »
    Sounds like the appliance is faulty. Do you know anyone who can PAT test it?

no.
    may have to search in google for someone local

Advertisement