Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does baby have more wind?

Options
  • 04-09-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 3 and a half week old little girl and after I wind her, I hear burps coming up I get a good few, and put her on her back to sleep after about 40 minutes she starts moaning/grunting/making noises and not kicking her legs but moving about. Does she still have wind? Is there any way to tell when baby is fully winded? Any winding tips? She is on Aptamil formula, I try putting her over my shoulder and rubbing her back, I put her on my lap and hold her under chin and starighten back and rub, I also walk around house with her on my shoulder..I also try infacol. Is there anything other than infacol? Sorry for all the qs just I dont sleep from when she starts the noise and movement am afraid she will throw up but never does.. so very little sleep being had..

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

A tip they showed us in the hospital was sit baby on your knee straight with your hand under chin and gently rotate them (basically draw a circle while holding them up). Also slings are amazing for getting up wind while allowing you to do something else at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sounds like she has wind alright. We used Infacol with both of our two girls and i still doubt if it really worked that well.
    Gripe water on the other hand worked a treat when we used it with our second girl and she got the wind up really easily,

EDIT: also she's only less than 4 weeks old. Many kids dont sleep that long at that age, wind or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Sounds a bit like she might have reflux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Another good way for getting wind up is to lie her down and cycle her legs in circles for a minute or two. Then just pick her up and wind her normally on your knee/shoulder. Always worked great for my kids but if she might have reflux it probably wouldn't help lying her down with that. Might be worth try anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭short

Thanks all will give them all a try..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sounds like reflux to me.

Our first boy had it and our new four week old boy does as well.

Go to your doctor and find out for sure, they will prescribe tablets if it is.

Advertisement