Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 5/9/16

• 04-09-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

To quote Eric Bischoff's entrance music, I'm baaaack :pac:, and boy did I miss a few things last week while M.I.A on me holidays, mainly this happening, oh and Triple H returning.. Long live the era of Owens I say..

CrI2w-PUsAAiGNl.jpg

WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Tip of the hat to Paulie21 for doing last week's thread..

One week after the returning Triple H helped Kevin Owens capture the vacant WWE Universal Championship, The Prizefighter brings Team Red’s flagship title to Raw. What will Owens have to say about his controversial victory, and why did The Game betray Seth Rollins to ensure a win for the Canadian brawler?

About last week …
    Triple H’s surprise return during last week’s WWE Universal Championship Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match main event seemed to signal an easy victory for Seth Rollins; for years, The Authority’s longtime poster boy benefited from a close association to The Cerebral Assassin — even inheriting The Game’s Pedigree as his finishing maneuver! Yet, after Triple H helped Rollins eliminate Roman Reigns from the bout, the WWE COO betrayed his one-time chosen champion, helping Kevin Owens claim the WWE Universal Title instead.

Owens was brought into WWE NXT by Triple H himself, and if their consistent string of “Too Sweet” photos on social media is any indication, The Prizefighter and The Game have remained incredibly close over the past two years. Was making Owens Team Red’s New Era standard-bearer part of Triple H’s plan all along?

Additionally, now that Triple H no longer has direct control over the red brand, how will Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon — his wife — deal with his interference in last Monday’s massive main event? Or was she in on Triple H’s plan to backstab Raw’s No. 1 WWE Draft pick? Hopefully, all of these questions will be answered Monday night.

What’s next for Roman Reigns?
    If not for Triple H’s interference, Roman Reigns might be heading to Kansas City this Monday night with the WWE Universal Championship slung around his shoulder. Unfortunately, a Pedigree from The Game sealed The Big Dog’s fate in this past Monday’s Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match — a vengeance-fueled attack after Reigns defeated Triple H for the WWE World Championship at WrestleMania 32.

Denied Team Red’s most prestigious title by his longtime nemesis, Reigns is undoubtedly furious, and the rest of the Raw locker room would be wise to stay out of his way this week.

Injured Cesaro looks ahead to Match 3
    Despite a valiant effort against Sheamus this past Monday night, Cesaro sustained multiple contusions to the lumbar spine during the bout, which The Celtic Warrior used to his advantage by locking The Swiss Superman in the Cloverleaf to extend his lead to 2-0 in their Best of Seven Series.

Sheamus is now just two victories away from earning a guaranteed championship opportunity on Raw, and based on Cesaro’s condition, it’s unlikely that The King of Swing will be at 100 percent come Monday night. Can Cesaro rebound and finally make some headway in this hard-hitting series?

Is Bayley in line for a WWE Women’s Championship opportunity?
    As if Bayley wasn’t already a beacon of positivity, her alignment with WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day in last week’s Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match had many WWE Universe members shooting rainbow-colored lasers out of their eyes for several hours — or, at least that’s what we’ve heard. Regardless, in her second week on Team Red’s roster, Bayley once again pinned Dana Brooke.That definitely didn’t sit well with WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte, who might be realizing that the hug-loving underdog is a greater threat to her title reign than she realized. If Bayley’s momentum continues, is a title opportunity in the cards?

SKY SPORTS 5 1AM

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Those few days of excitement, of the possibilities, of where stories could go...

...before they go the worst possible route and kill all hope :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Hopefully they keep Triple H off telly and don't dominate the show with a lot of authority figure segments. If they want Rollins to get some payback have him attack Triple H at Takeover Toronto, Triple H then costs him the Royal Rumble and boom you've got your Wrestlemania match.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hopefully they keep Triple H off telly and don't dominate the show with a lot of authority figure segments. If they want Rollins to get some payback have him attack Triple H at Takeover Toronto, Triple H then costs him the Royal Rumble and boom you've got your Wrestlemania match.

Agree with keeping Hunter off television, less authority figure segments the better, although I don't mind the backstage stuff that much, just hoping it doesn't revert to the rambling 20 minute stuff again. Have Hunter come out, cut a short & sweet explaining his actions & leave it at that.

The Rollins face run we should've gotten when he returned at Extreme Rules incoming after Hunter's shenanigans last week..

Also makes me wonder if Steph or Mick Foley knew about it, or did Hunter legitimately go into business for himself

Yeah really don't want Raw going back to starting with "behold the king, the king of kings" every week and HHH waffling on for 20 minutes.

I'll be shocked if it doesn't turn out that him and Stephanie were in on this together. I can see Foley being taken off TV soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Agree with keeping Hunter off television, less authority figure segments the better, although I don't mind the backstage stuff that much, just hoping it doesn't revert to the rambling 20 minute stuff again. Have Hunter come out, cut a short & sweet explaining his actions & leave it at that.

The Rollins face run we should've gotten when he returned at Extreme Rules incoming after Hunter's shenanigans last week..

Also makes me wonder if Steph or Mick Foley knew about it, or did Hunter legitimately go into business for himself

Could maybe have him do some exclusive interview with Corey Graves sometime this week and reference it on next weeks Raw. Gives him more time to talk about it and why he chose Owens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Oh Y2J :p

"Congratulations to my best friend @FightOwensFight for winning the #WWEUniversalTitle! We are going to be a great champion"

I do enjoy JeriKO

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

"Congratulations to my best friend @FightOwensFight for winning the #WWEUniversalTitle! We are going to be a great champion"

I do enjoy JeriKO

If I were a betting man, Owens will attack Jericho ending their short alliance.

I do enjoy JeriKO

Jericho has been great the last few months! Why has he stuck around though? Usually goes off for a few months for some Fozzy gigs!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm sorry but there's no place for logicial booking in WWE. Perhaps New Japan or ROH might be interested but not here.

In all seriousness that's a fantastic idea and if WWE pulled off half of that they'd have a great match to build towards for wrestlemania.

Could maybe have him do some exclusive interview with Corey Graves sometime this week and reference it on next weeks Raw. Gives him more time to talk about it and why he chose Owens.

Could go with Hunter saying after Seth got shelfed last November, that he knew Seth couldn't be depended on to be "The Man" long term, and that's why he cost him the Universal Championship in the Fatal 4 Way and that's why he decided to choose Owens, saying he saw a fuse in Owens that needed lighting, hell could even bring their closeness in NXT into it..

Like I said, keep Hunter's promos short, sweet, and to point, instead of his rambling monologues..

• Advertisement

Jericho has been great the last few months! Why has he stuck around though? Usually goes off for a few months for some Fozzy gigs!

Because Fozzy don't have any tour dates lined up any time soon, the next thing Fozzy related Jericho does will be vocals and lyrics for their new album, which I imagine will be early next year..

Have him written out before or after the Royal Rumble..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If I were a betting man, Owens will attack Jericho ending their short alliance.

I assumed they were heading for a feud :o

I assumed they were heading for a feud :o

Could go that way, Jericho getting jealous of Owens..

When was the last time Jericho held a major championship in WWE anyways?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Man I'm kinda hoping rollins stays heel, i love his "i did that, that was me, i did that" cathphrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Man I'm kinda hoping rollins stays heel, i love his "i did that, that was me, i did that" cathphrase.

He's a good heel but he should have turned babyface ages ago.

Fans want to cheer him, he has the moveset and mannerisms of a babyface. It's time for a change(it was time when he came back from injury but nah we gotta keep shoving Reigns down all our throats).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He's a good heel but he should have turned babyface ages ago.

Fans want to cheer him, he has the moveset and mannerisms of a babyface. It's time for a change(it was time when he came back from injury but nah we gotta keep shoving Reigns down all our throats).

It was time then, but with Reigns as more irrelevant than he was at the time, that time may have passed temporarily. They need to reposition Reigns so he can come out of all this as the top heel (really not that hard to do) and then you've got the face turn that's gonna get Rollins crazy over.

Rollins vs Owens would be pretty hard to distinguish between face and heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Meant to say, because this thread was created yesterday I frequently thought yesterday was Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Meant to say, because this thread was created yesterday I frequently thought yesterday was Monday.

I spent a good 5 min last night looking for a stream at 1 :D

Kevin Owen's custom side plates, well one of them..

CrnKFrFWAAQWbdY.jpg:large

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And a new shirt. Seems "The Kevin Owens Show" is going to be the gimmick going forward...

W12232.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry bout that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Raw is War look to the T-Shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha to do a Mark Henry. Says she'll have to retire because of injury, Bayley will come out to console her. Bank Statement. Heel turn sorted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's starting to feel like I'll have to stay up to watch this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How long has she been Broken? Can we expect her out with a grey streak through her hair?
    What would she be telling us that we don't already know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And a new shirt. Seems "The Kevin Owens Show" is going to be the gimmick going forward...

W12232.jpg

Jericho invented that

fig,heather_grey,mens,ffffff.2u1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How long has she been Broken? Can we expect her out with a grey streak through her hair?
    What would she be telling us that we don't already know?

Perhaps she's going to update us on her condeeeeetion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Maybe the authority figures won't dominate this story..."

*5 minute opening soap opera promo between Mick and Stephanie*

"Maybe not."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Who else expected a smack to Mick there?

Advertisement