Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf II - The revenge! Complete - Wolves win

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Uriel. wrote: »
    @sullivlo just in case you missed it (but you did thank the post...?)

@sullivlo, sorry missed your post at 11:44 explaining things... guess you went back and checked and thanked it then.

tritium wrote: »
    Ok, if i get some time ill try to review individual posters contributions. For now im going to list who i think is most suspicious for the assassin role.

Disclaimer: Im making lots of assumptions here and largely guessing. Key point is neither wolves nor villagers know who the assassin is atvthe outset. The criteria im using are as per previous post, i.e. helpful but not too helpful, being a good villager but never looking like a role. A 1 is most suspicious right down to a 3 for least (but not in the clear). Lets discuss

Andy. 1 (Wolves dont know the assassin)
    Charolias. 3
    Crosstown. 2
    Crowseye. 2
    Jayop. 1
    Mick. 3
    Molly. 2
    Sullivo. 1
    The dazz - 1
    Tritium. 3
    Uriel. 2
    Y0ssar1an. 1
    Nopear - Alpha wolf

As a low poster would Charolias. not deserve a higher suspicion rating... given that the assassin needs to survive to day 3 and requires to fly under the radar so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Ok, if i get some time ill try to review individual posters contributions. For now im going to list who i think is most suspicious for the assassin role.

Disclaimer: Im making lots of assumptions here and largely guessing. Key point is neither wolves nor villagers know who the assassin is atvthe outset. The criteria im using are as per previous post, i.e. helpful but not too helpful, being a good villager but never looking like a role. A 1 is most suspicious right down to a 3 for least (but not in the clear). Lets discuss

Andy. 1 (Wolves dont know the assassin)
    Charolias. 3
    Crosstown. 2
    Crowseye. 2
    Jayop. 1
    Mick. 3
    Molly. 2
    Sullivo. 1
    The dazz - 1
    Tritium. 3
    Uriel. 2
    Y0ssar1an. 1
    Nopear - Alpha wolf

hey, wait just a minute. what did i ever do to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

@sullivlo, sorry missed your post at 11:44 explaining things... guess you went back and checked and thanked it then.
    Yup, I went back and checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

As a low poster would Charolias. not deserve a higher suspicion rating... given that the assassin needs to survive to day 3 and requires to fly under the radar so to speak?
    And why am I a 1?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

hey, wait just a minute. what did i ever do to you?

Haha absolutely nothing.

In terms of low posters im taking it thats its a good wolf strategy but a less good assassin strategy. (I) low posters can get culled to find sleepers and (ii) no way to sneak in a task if you only have 1 or 2 posts

:mad:
    Haha absolutely nothing.

In terms of low posters im taking it thats its a good wolf strategy but a less good assassin strategy. (I) low posters can get culled to find sleepers and (ii) no way to sneak in a task if you only have 1 or 2 posts

Well you are making a huge mistake. The only reason I was on the first list is because I voted for Tigger because of a comment he made. Also, if I wanted to make sure I was safe tonight. Why did I switch my vote from Barney which would have guaranteed safety to Jayop who only had two votes at that time?

Just putting this out there.

Sorry for not posting but I'm very busy in RL . there is no way we know who a wolf is already and I see no reason why a wolf would be so active already ( e.g tiger or valeyard) in the first couple of days in ww1 the wolves were quiet and let us kill each other(shatter +Uriel) I think we should race 2 posters with low post counts and that way we can see who defended who , if it was a wolf we killed. I'll wait till later before I vote because if I'm the only person to vote for a person people will get their knickers in a twist
    Also quickbeam spoke a lot of sense in the dead room last time and he is speaking more this time as well. N.b its so important to look at what . people are posting impartially
    I wouldn't be too hasty voting for the old wolves again. I think t(r)igger should look at someone he expects and that is his choice . I think the wolves realised they wouldn't make the same mistake as the wolves did last time so this kill adds very little to our knowledge and adds just sheer numbers. I'd say we should wait till morning for the munch and see who dies and what they said etc
    Jayop has been very helpful and I think he shouldn't be lynched for now perhaps. I'm thinking Andy for some reason , hes getting behind the leader tig but is he just doing that to draw attention away from himself. IMO jayop is too valuable to lynch ATM

Ok so looking back at some (haven't got them all yet) of the very low number of posts from charolais.

If we take it that a low poster could be an indication of an assassin or a wolf keeping a low profile (albeit Barney had a low post count and turned out to be a villager) and add in these quoted posts, I think we could see a possibility of a wolf or assassin role:

The first quote, especially the part in bold was an odd post to make. Also, he didn't seem to want to vote for the_valeyard at this point, despite the fact that Tigger had named the_valeyard as a wolf and had given up his role at that stage.

The second post refers to QB.. is this a wolf trying to get in early and deflect possible suspicion away from himself knowing that QB was going to be munched that night?

Last post... he wants to vote Andy, whom we now know is a villager - fair enough we didn't know that at the time of the post made by charolais, but if he is a wolf, he'd know andy was a villager... remember the vale tried to make some reference to Andy in his sign off post before being lynched... jayop was tied very close with Barney for a lynching... Barney was innocent... if jayop is the assassin and the alpha wolf peaked him and so the wolves know his role, could this be an attempt to ensure that the assassin isn't lynched and rather an innocent is (andy).

Thoughts?

sullivlo wrote: »
    And why am I a 1?!

For the reasons i gave previously: low key but not too low key. After last game you should probably (with Andy) have been top of the (uninformed) munch list. You've done a great job to survive this long while posters like QP have gone. And youve been active but not in a too proactive or point the finger way. Youre basically a model villager at a time when we dont need model villagers. Thats why youre a 1

• Advertisement

:mad:

Sorry Yoss, didnt mean to be dismissive. Basically im trying to work through where different posters fit on the activity scale to see if we can pick a likely assassin. Ive narrowed it my way but i said to discuss because id like to stress this if it helps get an answer for tonights lynch.

Basically a dead assassin and a wolf in the village jail for now is better than a dead alpha wolf and an extra kill for the wolves

(Assuming of course the alpha has peeked, which i think they have)

Sorry Yoss, didnt mean to be dismissive. Basically im trying to work through where different posters fit on the activity scale to see if we can pick a likely assassin. Ive narrowed it my way but i said to discuss because id like to stress this if it helps get an answer for tonights lynch.

Basically a dead assassin and a wolf in the village jail for now is better than a dead alpha wolf and an extra kill for the wolves

(Assuming of course the alpha has peeked, which i think they have)

NoP, wanna tell us who you peeked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭andy125

For the reasons i gave previously: low key but not too low key. After last game you should probably (with Andy) have been top of the (uninformed) munch list. You've done a great job to survive this long while posters like QP have gone. And youve been active but not in a too proactive or point the finger way. Youre basically a model villager at a time when we dont need model villagers. Thats why youre a 1

What about you trit,

You have been trying to get me lynched ever since the vale a known wolf left his "clue" you also tried to influence the seer to get him talking about me, max also a previous known wolf hinted at me also, they had a plan to get me lynched the evidence is all there,

The seer being as crazy as he was, he still had strong doubts about you over the qb situation and with him gone you may feel you can take the leadership role, which would be a good move for a wolf

You have a taste for my blood and now going for the kill

Ya lets torture the Alpha for info.

Any thoughts on the VIg coming out on thread it would give us 2 confirmed (but not quite) villagers in them and trit

andy125 wrote: »
    What about you trit,

You have been trying to get me lynched ever since the vale a known wolf left his "clue" you also tried to influence the seer to get him talking about me, max also a previous known wolf hinted at me also, they had a plan to get me lynched the evidence is all there,

The seer being as crazy as he was, he still had strong doubts about you over the qb situation and with him gone you may feel you can take the leadership role, which would be a good move for a wolf

You have a taste for my blood and now going for the kill

All fair points Andy,

If im a wolf im a dumb one. I joined the Tigger train from day one and was cheerleader in chief for a bit. But youre right i havent been peeked by the seer, hence why i said im not in the clear. Tigger did have doubts too at one point but he subsequently took that back.

For what its worth i do the longer this goes on believe youre a villager. I actually figured that this morning but i cant avoid pointing to whats there (and neither should you)

This would be easier if the vig had just shot nopeare last night but then nothing really went as planned last night.....

Ya lets torture the Alpha for info.

Any thoughts on the VIg coming out on thread it would give us 2 confirmed (but not quite) villagers in them and trit

Vig is a villager now. I think that would be useful. It might also help confirm a suspicion of mine. But its up to them obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'd be really surprised if we saw Nopeare back on the thread TBF. I think we'll have to just try to weed out the assassin today (no idea how to do that btw) and hold off on voting until as late as possible to see what we can shake loose. If nothing comes of it then we can lynch Nopeare.

Is there any point in the vigilante staying hidden now that his bullets are all gone? FWIW I'm still suspicious of Dazzler and would have him top of my list of suspects at the moment.

All fair points Andy,

If im a wolf im a dumb one. I joined the Tigger train from day one and was cheerleader in chief for a bit. But youre right i havent been peeked by the seer, hence why i said im not in the clear. Tigger did have doubts too at one point but he subsequently took that back.

For what its worth i do the longer this goes on believe youre a villager. I actually figured that this morning but i cant avoid pointing to whats there (and neither should you)

This would be easier if the vig had just shot nopeare last night but then nothing really went as planned last night.....

I agree last night put a spanner in the works and threw everybody, I think the vig should be given another bullet because of last nights actions, tig was mod killed so it shouldn't count and many believed the game was over anyway clearly seen by tig being shot and not the alpha

I agree last night put a spanner in the works and threw everybody, I think the vig should be given another bullet because of last nights actions, tig was mod killed so it shouldn't count and many believed the game was over anyway clearly seen by tig being shot and not the alpha

So, we are where we are :)

What are your thoughts on the assassin?

i think it could be you

• Advertisement

So we can take Andys munch as GA hunting meaning he looked suspicious to the wolfs too :pac:

We wont be getting another bullet at this stage Mods say play on as the ball landed.

Its a waste of a day mind but we can try make the most of it. The person who had the gun come on out your safe now.

Any thoughts on trying to nail the assassin tonight?

At work atm will have to a proper reread of everything when I get home around 5.30

So we can take Andys munch as GA hunting meaning he looked suspicious to the wolfs too :pac:

We wont be getting another bullet at this stage Mods say play on as the ball landed.

Its a waste of a day mind but we can try make the most of it. The person who had the gun come on out your safe now.

Any thoughts on trying to nail the assassin tonight?

Vig shouldn't come out yet, mods can change their minds

Vig shouldn't come out yet, mods can change their minds

Fair enough untill we get re clarification no vig outing I hate keeping secrets mind

The Assassin is on the side of the werewolf team but he does not know any of their identities, nor they will know his... at the start. If the assassin makes it to day three and performs a task given to them by the WWMod he will have the ability to assassinate (this can be done in daytime or nighttime once he gives the "assassinate xxxxx" order), upon the completion of the assassination, he becomes part of the werewolf team and given access to the WW chat.

We know is alive.
    Has to complete a task by Day 3 maybe on Day 3?
    Hasn't put in the kill order yet,
    Is still not in the WW chat.

We know is alive.
    Has to complete a task by Day 3 maybe on Day 3?
    Hasn't put in the kill order yet,
    Is still not in the WW chat.

jayop?

Tritium woke and opened his curtains. He was greeted by the sight of the village in flames. A slightly extreme way to deal with the wolf problem he mused. It suddenly occured to him that maybe he should have read the previous four pages before his flawed eureka post last night.

He threw on his clothes and walked out his door to survey the post apocalyptic scene. In the corner an impossible little street that had never been there had been revealed. A broken street sign named it as "Se r R om". Soaking sheets of paper lay at the entrance, but on inspection they referred to someone named Triturannianianianium. Trit tealised he had no idea who this person was and walked on.

The local newspaper seller Jayop was stood on the corner looking tired and stressed. Trit assumed the latest wolf panic was to blame and cheerily bought a copy of the village tribune.

The front page screamed out its exclusive headline "How we did it! Alpha wolf speaks exclusively to the tribune! Why QP died and my secret task shame!" Trit tucked the paper under his arm and continued on. As he walked he thought he heard a ghostly voice reminiscent of the Valeyard intone "memento mori".

Trit shook his head and decided he needed coffee. In the corner a freshly hung noose swung in the morning air. A strange sight, local criminal Nopease wasn't due to hang till later that day, though many speculated that they wouldnt make it to morning. Maybe a villager had been to eager, or maybe theyd toyed with escaping themselves from the fear that had gripped the village. Someone had scrawled the letters NDY at the base of the gallows

Trit wandered on, wondering how it got to this and where would we go from here.....

(All tongue in cheek folks, a genuine thank you to everyone who has tried to debate and resolve a difficult situation last night. Nopease thank you especially for chipping in at a point where just playing the game would have been the easier option. I cant help wonder if a peace treaty with the remaining wolves might not be the only option-Nopease could sign freely with the Vig laser sight pointed on them all the time)

Maybe people want to read through this again nice and long to hide any task that may need completing?

Bolded 2 spellings of names that are wrong.

I kinda had Trit nailed on as a good guy but feck it trust no one

Maybe people want to read through this again nice and long to hide any task that may need completing?

the task might even have been to post a Lynching/Munching/GM style post....

dont actually know what to make of it. perhaps it was just a last post before the game was cancelled - a fair enough assumption considering events.

i'd like to know what NDY stands for please? maybe completely obvious to some, but not to me.

• Advertisement

dont actually know what to make of it. perhaps it was just a last post before the game was cancelled - a fair enough assumption considering events.

i'd like to know what NDY stands for please? maybe completely obvious to some, but not to me.

maybe it's "andy"...
    or... maybe it's a taunt from the wolves Not Done Yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement